Some suggestions for this game to be a realistic military simulator

124»

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    edited October 2018
    Well, here's another meta point. Ever decide not to bandage for fear of the enemy pinpointing where you took cover due to the sound? You can see you're bleeding out, and try for the kill BEFORE you bandage. Suspense!!

Same thing with reload. Do I reload or keep quiet?

(Yeah...I agree that the kill feed is part of ID-ing and zipping certain players. As I said, I do exploit that, but it's still kinda hokey.) :p
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,121Player
    Just because it's part of the meta, doesn't mean it's good meta.

There's rarely a time where a player will get shot and not run to cover to bandage up. The bleed speed is fairly fast, if you don't bandage up quickly you can easily lose enough health that you'll survive multiple shots less within a short period.

Making it a teamplay function forces players to either stay somewhat near a teammate or search for one and regroup if they're not close. It also allows players to not run away from a fight if they get nicked but have a superior position or feel that they can attack their enemy before they take a better position.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 321Player
    edited October 2018
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    Just because it's part of the meta, doesn't mean it's good meta.

There's rarely a time where a player will get shot and not run to cover to bandage up. The bleed speed is fairly fast, if you don't bandage up quickly you can easily lose enough health that you'll survive multiple shots less within a short period.

Making it a teamplay function forces players to either stay somewhat near a teammate or search for one and regroup if they're not close. It also allows players to not run away from a fight if they get nicked but have a superior position or feel that they can attack their enemy before they take a better position.

Yeah... that bleeding can be quite annoying sometimes -- especially when you have >1 health after a close fire-fight. Personally I don't run to cover to bandage up mid-fights, and I'll typically instant-secure any enemies which give me a lot of trouble up close (i.e. nearly kill me/exhaust my ammo) before I bandage up.
    And If there are any team mates very close after a fire-fight, I'll pick em up right quick before bandaging up.

My problem with making bleeding a team function is that it takes away from the level of Independence a single player will have. Now you have increased reliance on your team mates -- and your success as an individual is determined more by your team as a whole and less on your personal abilities. This means unless you've got a good team -- you're going to be bleeding out a lot.

Not to mention by sticking together with your team, you're limiting the area which your team can cover -- since the team would be tighter and closer together.
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg
    My problem with making bleeding a team function is that it takes away from the level of Independence a single player will have. Now you have increased reliance on your team mates -- and your success as an individual is determined more by your team as a whole and less on your personal abilities. This means unless you've got a good team -- you're going to be bleeding out a lot.

Not to mention by sticking together with your team, you're limiting the area which your team can cover -- since the team would be tighter and closer together.

Well, this is an Army game and I'm sure in the Army the unit is more important than the individual. Also, you don't need to be on top of each other to be able to help each other out. If you slow the bleeding rate greatly then it won't be as urgent to get healed. In AA2, if you were bleeding the only person who could stop the bleeding was a medic. The difference is that bleeding would occur much more slowly and it was fairly rare for a player to bleed to death.
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 321Player
    Whiplash27 wrote: »

Well, this is an Army game and I'm sure in the Army the unit is more important than the individual. Also, you don't need to be on top of each other to be able to help each other out. If you slow the bleeding rate greatly then it won't be as urgent to get healed. In AA2, if you were bleeding the only person who could stop the bleeding was a medic. The difference is that bleeding would occur much more slowly and it was fairly rare for a player to bleed to death.

Sure, the unit is more stronger than the individual -- but a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Right now there's a good amount of leniency to where you can have a novice or two on your team, and still perform well. The more pressure you add on the team, the more important good teamwork becomes.
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Well, here's another meta point. Ever decide not to bandage for fear of the enemy pinpointing where you took cover due to the sound? You can see you're bleeding out, and try for the kill BEFORE you bandage. Suspense!!

Same thing with reload. Do I reload or keep quiet?

(Yeah...I agree that the kill feed is part of ID-ing and zipping certain players. As I said, I do exploit that, but it's still kinda hokey.) :p

This doesnt really work in AAGP, what youre describing works in csgo because of complete silent tactical walk.
    Here its pointless not to heal, your position is already given away cause you were shot at. And the moment you move ppl know where you are.
    So unless you're about to camp and the team makes no callouts its better to heal quick then to drain most of your health.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    edited October 2018
    Also, if an enemy is close enough to me to hear me bandage up then odds are he knows where I am when I'm bandaging. Most instances that I survive getting hit and am able to bandage are medium to long range engagements where if I run to cover the chances of the enemy running at me to finish me off are not all that high.

Those close range engagements tend to finish more quickly. Sure, I've had some fights where the guy was fairly close and I was behind a barrel or something and I had to hope that the guy wouldn't kill me while I was bandaging. Lots of times you also have teammates nearby so a guy isn't going to recklessly rush you in such a situation. Sometimes you have the choice of either bandage or die, there's no "should I rush him?" or "should I wait it out?" Nope, it' usually, "my heath is really low I need to bandage now or I'll die."

In this game the default action after getting shot is get to cover and hold the bandage button. You can watch just about anyone play, it's rare to see a player forego bandaging in favor of making an aggressive play or holding their position. I also find this to be poor gameplay to even watch. Watch videos of playing this game and it's always, get shot, go to cover, hold bandage button. It's a weird feature to force players to always bandage themselves after getting shot, over and over again.

Forcing teammates to bandage each other and making the bleed out rate very slow (and reducing the bleed damage per shot) would make the game look more team oriented and flow better. You don't even need a medic class to do this, all players can do it. I don't know why people would defend the current bandage mechanic vs. something that fosters more team play and allows players to have more options after getting shot than, "I better bandage myself before I die!"
  • SiNsOfThEDeViLSiNsOfThEDeViL Posts: 106Player
    Ssavv wrote: »
    Remove crosshair and add this

yQsMsWE.jpg

eBI9Fxp.jpg

those are some good graphics, what game is that??? o.O

Whatever you do, you cannot outrun the devil.

Steam
  • SiNsOfThEDeViLSiNsOfThEDeViL Posts: 106Player
    edited October 2018
    Well, yea but if you look at it this way, it's kinda cool to have such a great comp game like AAPG, it's like CSGO only it's not as crappy.

Whatever you do, you cannot outrun the devil.

Steam