Vehicles and other army positions

Vehicles & other positions as to the reality, making this game more simulator like, would really pull in a more liking crowd.
BUYMYPRODUCTNOWONSALESLASHING PRICES&THROATS10%OFFdying,50% OFFcoffins, 99% OFF
SOUL DESTRUCTION

Comments

• FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 602Player
    Road rage with a humvee in main hall... I'm into it.
    AAPG is good!
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 300Player
    Perhaps they could add officer ranks. In Real life commissioned officers (i.e. Lieutenant or Major) are appointed by the President and approved by the senate. Perhaps to be come an Officer in-game you need to have a certain grade, like E-4 or higher, than you gotta apply on the site. Your stats, and possibly comittment as a player determine whether or not you get to be an officer.

For those of you don't know, NCOs (non-commissioned offices} are people who've advanced above the first three entry level positions/ranks (they aren't a private). They're grades E-4 through E-9.
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 1,990Player
    edited August 2018
    One of the great things about the original America's Army is that they tried to integrate features that made it feel more Army. Different types of divisions, training, ranks, squads, etc. There were limited amounts of vehicles, but the game always maintained an infantry focus (which I prefer).

Early on in the game's life maps were also supposed to be tied to the different divisions and the types of missions they would take on. It was really a neat idea. Each map had a little story that went along with it as well. It became less prevalent as the game went on since it more turned into a jump into the server and play interface, but I'm sure it is something that could easily be integrated from other stand points.

From my standpoint, one of the biggest failures of AAPG was the lack of education and overall Army feel. They tried adding to it with the loading videos, but people typically just muted/ignored those anyway. They're cool for the first couple times you watch them then they get old.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 623Player
    Perhaps they could add officer ranks. In Real life commissioned officers (i.e. Lieutenant or Major) are appointed by the President and approved by the senate. Perhaps to be come an Officer in-game you need to have a certain grade, like E-4 or higher, than you gotta apply on the site. Your stats, and possibly comittment as a player determine whether or not you get to be an officer.

For those of you don't know, NCOs (non-commissioned offices} are people who've advanced above the first three entry level positions/ranks (they aren't a private). They're grades E-4 through E-9.

This was from another thread 7+ months ago, and I don't recall if I've ever seen a reason stated:
    TheTots wrote: »
    Just FYI Officer ranks are a nogo. Sorry!

Also, I could be absolutely wrong on this, but I think Senate confirmation is only required for O-5 and above.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 605Player
    In Real life commissioned officers (i.e. Lieutenant or Major) are appointed by the President and approved by the senate.

Study harder, cadet.
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 300Player
    doogle! wrote: »
    In Real life commissioned officers (i.e. Lieutenant or Major) are appointed by the President and approved by the senate.

Study harder, cadet.

The book which we study from in Army JROTC says the exact same thing,
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 605Player
    Interesting and misleading, even if by definition it's factual. There's delegated authorities for just about everything. Little Johnny's name leaving the academy wont cross the President's desk. There are also congressional limits set on pay grades, allowing each service to promote as it sees fit for most CGOs and E-1 through E-7. But if your Detachment is acting like there's a vote for Dan to become Lt Dan, they're doing you a disservice.

But of course, study what they give you and be successful. Keep it up and get into actual ROTC as well; enlisting after high school versus pursuing commissioning is one of the things I wish I could redo.