Rpg

The new RPG weapon - You have ruined a great game by adding this. No skill required to get a kill. There's no vehicles in this game to merit having one. You should have released new maps for ps4 instead. Consider claymores, or pmn's, trip wires, oppose to easy one shot kill across such small maps. Take it from a 51 year old gamer/developer. Those of us with actual skills at playing this game, are now playing less and less.

Comments

• }{Gorilla}{}{Gorilla}{ Posts: 669Administrator
    This was in one of the older versions of the AA series. I think you might be 1 in a few that dislikes seeing this come back to this game. I can see your point on vehicles however it still takes some skill to get a kill. I mean you cant just pick on up and shoot where ever and get a kill lol.

Also this is not on every map. There are maps that do not have this laying around for an option. As well as its an option for private servers to enable it or disable it in their servers ini. If the people don't want it in their server, then the server owners will disable it.
  • Honestly this is going back to the roots of the older AA version. now alls the devs needs to do is add m203s and its game.
    J.Rizzo.jpg

• }{Gorilla}{}{Gorilla}{ Posts: 669Administrator
    Make sure you bug that Coke and I agree to those 203's lol :P
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 494Beta Tester

I think the rocket bounced on the windowsill immediately after getting fired. Because it bounced, it didn't ignite the engine and didn't arm the rocket. No bug, just a sneaky feature IMO. :)
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • Nah they can keep the 203 if I get my M82 back, I promise I will only use it on those pesky vehicles that the RPG is supposed to take out ;)
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 309Player
    Oprator17 wrote: »
    The new RPG weapon - You have ruined a great game by adding this. No skill required to get a kill. There's no vehicles in this game to merit having one. You should have released new maps for ps4 instead. Consider claymores, or pmn's, trip wires, oppose to easy one shot kill across such small maps. Take it from a 51 year old gamer/developer. Those of us with actual skills at playing this game, are now playing less and less.

Who are you to say that the RPG requires no skill to get a kill? Just like all other weapons you still have to know what you're doing or else it's pratically worthless. Not to mention that it's single use anyway, so whoever's holding it doesn't have much of an advantage over someone who isn't.
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg
  • COKECOLACOKECOLA Posts: 31Player
    Make sure you bug that Coke and I agree to those 203's lol :P

I am not sure RPG was hit my hair maybe ? Because should be blowup if it was hit on window.

I also hit my teammate's [TOS Violation] (over 30m) and it didn't blowup too.

Seems RPG can't be straight to the people.
  • DrawnDrawn Posts: 169Player
    edited August 2018
    Rpg is supposed to travel 10 metre before it can explode so shouldnt explode when hitting the window.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 633Player

Who are you to say that the RPG requires no skill to get a kill? Just like all other weapons you still have to know what you're doing or else it's pratically worthless. Not to mention that it's single use anyway, so whoever's holding it doesn't have much of an advantage over someone who isn't.

I'm going to be honest. As someone who's said they prefer FPS games on console, which is just mind-boggling considering they're clearly better with a mouse and keyboard, I have a tough time taking you seriously. Posts like these don't help either.

I haven't seen exactly how it plays because I've only used it offline, but generally speaking, weapons with a huge damage radius are lower-skill weapons. The potential margin of error is significantly greater than an M4, where you actually have to aim at the person. The same is true of grenades and, to a point, flashbangs in this game.

That's not to say explosives are all bad. I've seen some great AA2 M203 shots. It helped that the maps in that game were designed with those weapons in mind, though.

I don't think Spring Street was a good choice to add it on. I think it's likely to prove detrimental to one of the better maps in the game.

On the other hand, I like the idea of it on Insurgent Camp. The first thing I said about the IC remake in this game is that the balance of the map is off, as defense can just play angles from the top front window and there's nothing assault can really do except get close enough to throw a nade, which is likely to be heard by the defending player. This way, assault can potentially clear out that window for a push. Honestly, I think bringing back an M203 on that map would provide better balance, as that map was built with an M203 in mind.

I'm curious to know the weapon mechanics with the RPG... If you sight up and aim, will it always go where you aim? Or is there random element to it. Does it fly a flat route or drop off at all with distance?

If there's no random element to it, it's possibly some creative shots could be found. If there's any variance in the path when fully sighted and aiming from one shot to the next, then there's basically no skill involved.
    edited August 2018
    The RPG has only been officially added to three maps according to the 7/26/2018 post made by the devs detailing the respective update for that date. Spring Street wasn't one of the maps listed.

As for your claim of PC being better suited for AA:PG, not to mention FPS in general than console. Your argument falls flat considering the fact that the PS4 playerbase is several times bigger than the one on PC. Console is what saved AA:PG, and if they had done this consitantly with their other titles , I guarantee you there'd be a much larger fan base than there is now. I wouldn't be surprised if they experimented with an Xbox release, or perhaps releases for last-gen consoles.

P0asKE2.jpg
    The RPG has only been officially added to three maps according to the 7/26/2018 post made by the devs detailing the respective update for that date. Spring Street wasn't one of the maps listed.

As for your claim of PC being better suited for AA:PG, not to mention FPS in general than console. Your argument falls flat considering the fact that the PS4 playerbase is several times bigger than the one on PC. Console is what saved AA:PG, and if they had done this consitantly with their other titles , I guarantee you there'd be a much larger fan base than there is now. I wouldn't be surprised if they experimented with an Xbox release, or perhaps releases for last-gen consoles.

You realize that's because there's nowhere near as many F2P shooters on PS4 as there are on PC? Your statement is totally irrelevant to my argument. It's not that it plays better on console. It's that there's fewer other games to compete with on console.

The gameplay of a mouse and keyboard beats a controller in an FPS, evidenced in part by PS4 not having lean. I'll take sports games, or any other game better played with a controller (or guitar, Wii-mote, etc), on a console. Incidentally this year's Madden is supposed to have a PC release!

Also, from the Update Notes:
    CaterP wrote: »
    One or more RPGs can be found on the following maps:

PS4
    • Homestead
    • Uptown
    • Intercept

PC - BDX
    • Bridge EX
    • Intercept C4/EX
    • SpringStreet EX/VIP
    • Watchdog C4

PC - FLO
    • Bridge EX
    • BridgeNight EX
    • ColdFront C4/EX/VIP
    • Downtown EX
    • Homestead C4/VIP
    • InsurgentCamp AC
    • Intercept EX/C4/VIP
    • Overload C4/VIP
    • Sandstorm TH
    • Slumps VIP/TH
    • Uptown EX/VIP
    • Watchdog AC

Three PS4 maps, sure, but significantly more on PC including Spring Street.
    PS4 AA:PG might not have lean , but I've certainly played titles that had the feature.

You do have a valid point that AA:PG's success on PS4 is due, partly to a lack of competition.

Anyway that's getting off topic, Springstreet is a big map so I can see the use of having one. So long as the RPG isn't used in maps where the fighting happens primarily indoors or in CQC, ther shouldn't be much of a problem. I'm sure it's a thorn for many players but overtime you'll get used to it.

P0asKE2.jpg
  • L0rdDamianL0rdDamian Posts: 713Player

Oh man, that made me pie a little.. The danm thing shoots in a straight line, one time i was clipping with it fired it and guess what.. EZ! People have more troubles throwing nades then anything else. So the man is right, it doesn't require any skill by far!.
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 987Moderator
    Basically, the rpg is a free kill for players with some basic skill, the clueless ones will still make a mess of it.
    It doesn't change the game that much really, the aware players will learn fast what not to do(like having a solid wall behind you when in cover)
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,089Player
    RPG was pretty widely hated in AAO as well. The only difference was that the guy wielding it had a crappy AK-74 w/no attachments to go along with it.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,419Player
    I see there a 3 RPG's on InsurgentCamp all on defence side why is there not any on attack side its a bit unfair.
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,089Player
    I see there a 3 RPG's on InsurgentCamp all on defence side why is there not any on attack side its a bit unfair.

Wow, that's how it is? What's funny is that in the original map assault had the M203 and defense didn't.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!

Yeah, that makes zero sense. As Whiplash said, proper balance for the map was assault having it and defense not. So defense can still just sit top office and play the narrowest of angles? Just a brain dead choice.