SERVER IPs & TS protocol

JesuoJesuo Posts: 2Player
edited July 2018 in Game Support
Hi guys, i want to comment something that i got when playing.

Are the official servers of AA deployed on AmazonAWS?

Why the game needs permissions to receive connections from outside with TS protocol? i mean, when a client connect to a voice chat server the connection is opened and requested by the client, you don't need to listen in any port in firewall rules at all, so why the game is asking for permission at my firewall to receive outer connections? i think that client-server connections are made by NAT or transversal NAT.

Lasts questions, why there are some official servers with PunkBuster deactivated? and why the official servers are not recording the gameplay anymore?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• JesuoJesuo Posts: 2Player
    Hi guys, i want to comment something that i got when playing.

Are the official servers of AA deployed on AmazonAWS?

Why the game needs permissions to receive connections from outside with TS protocol? i mean, when a client connect to a voice chat server the connection is opened and requested by the client, you don't need to listen in any port in firewall rules at all, so why the game is asking for permission at my firewall to receive outer connections? i think that client-server connections are made by NAT or transversal NAT.

Lasts questions, why there are some official servers with PunkBuster deactivated? and why the official servers are not recording the gameplay anymore?

Thanks in advance.