If your dead, your dead

What is this, Call of Duty? Battlefield? No, its, or used to be one of the more realistic shooters ever. Ghosting has become a huge thing, and honestly I hate playing the game anymore. If your dead, you shouldn't be able to tell people that are alive "Hes right behind you" or "Hes around that corner, flash him first". What happened to the good old days.
Questions
  1. What was your favorite version of AA?26 votes
    1. 1.x
        3.85%
    2. 2.x
      76.92%
    3. 3.x
        3.85%
    4. This ugh game
      15.38%
  2. Do you agree, ghosting should be eliminated?26 votes
    1. YES!!
      50.00%
    2. No
      15.38%
    3. Don't Care
      34.62%
«1

Comments

  • frankoffrankof Posts: 989Moderator
    Dead players cant talk to live players through in game voip, with normal server set up, its a option for server owners to allow that.
    The biggest difference between this version of the game and earlier in regards of ghosting is that its not clan exclusive any more, it sort of evens out the playing field a little.
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 641Player
    edited July 2018
    I don't feel like ghosting is a problem in AAPG. I've played all versions and can say with absolute confidence that ghosting was a bigger problem in AA1-AA2. In my experience, ghosting happened in those games because some idiot would be sitting in assault spawn on Pipeline while the round had been going for 8 minutes.

    In AAPG, the game play and rounds are so fast, there's no need to ghost. You've only played for 2 hours in AAPG. Do you feel like you're really experiencing true ghosting, or do you dislike the VOIP when a player is "down" while awaiting revive?
  • L0rdDamianL0rdDamian Posts: 713Player
    doogle! wrote: »
    I don't feel like ghosting is a problem in AAPG. I've played all versions and can say with absolute confidence that ghosting was a bigger problem in AA1-AA2. In my experience, ghosting happened in those games because some idiot would be sitting in assault spawn on Pipeline while the round had been going for 8 minutes.

    In AAPG, the game play and rounds are so fast, there's no need to ghost. You've only played for 2 hours in AAPG. Do you feel like you're really experiencing true ghosting, or do you dislike the VOIP when a player is "down" while awaiting revive?

    I think he means with ghosting people tell team mates locations while they are downed.
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 619Player
    edited July 2018
    No, If your dead, you shouldn't be able to tell people that are alive

    Noone is dead in this game.

    AAPG is good!
  • POTATO.RZintegra2.0POTATO.RZintegra2.0 Posts: 43Player
    " ghosting" is not ok but body camping is? Technically a team member that is down and can call the enemy out is down as wounded and thats why he has the bleed out timer. So if you dont want to be called out by the guy you just downed then move.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,419Player
    Or sit there and wait for him to pick him up 2 kills for the price of one =) come on we have all done it.
    Ghosting is not a problem in this game the only time I have see that is when one friend is playing and the other is on spectate and that's easy to sort out kick the spectator.

    Dev's can we have auto kick for spectators that don't join like we do with them in-game when they are idle for a period of time.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 641Player
    doogle! wrote: »
    I don't feel like ghosting is a problem in AAPG. I've played all versions and can say with absolute confidence that ghosting was a bigger problem in AA1-AA2. In my experience, ghosting happened in those games because some idiot would be sitting in assault spawn on Pipeline while the round had been going for 8 minutes.

    In AAPG, the game play and rounds are so fast, there's no need to ghost. You've only played for 2 hours in AAPG. Do you feel like you're really experiencing true ghosting, or do you dislike the VOIP when a player is "down" while awaiting revive?

    I think he means with ghosting people tell team mates locations while they are downed.

    I don't consider that ghosting. Ghosting is more of a buddy on the enemy team, or spectating, telling you specific locations and movement. Not a simple call out "I'm down in dark."
  • .Head_Shot..Head_Shot. Posts: 9Player
    doogle! wrote: »
    I don't feel like ghosting is a problem in AAPG. I've played all versions and can say with absolute confidence that ghosting was a bigger problem in AA1-AA2. In my experience, ghosting happened in those games because some idiot would be sitting in assault spawn on Pipeline while the round had been going for 8 minutes.

    In AAPG, the game play and rounds are so fast, there's no need to ghost. You've only played for 2 hours in AAPG. Do you feel like you're really experiencing true ghosting, or do you dislike the VOIP when a player is "down" while awaiting revive?

    When your "downed" it's not like you can only see your downed body, your still spectating as if your dead. And either way, would a downed soldier be able to tell you he sees something on your screen? No. He might say where he was downed or where the shots came from, totally makes sense.

    And no my biggest issue is playing maps where the round can last more than 40 seconds, unlike this inside hospital map that everyone likes for some reason, where there might be one or two players actually alive, and they're being chirped at by actually dead players and its friggin annoying, especially if I'm one of the last players and I'm trying to, I don't know, listen. Yeah I could just disable the VoIP but it can be useful. I just think if you are dead, you should shush up and let the alive player play. If your downed you shouldn't be talking about what you see on a players screen, that's still ghosting.

    Yeah it used to be a problem in the older games with people on they're on teamspeak servers, and it always irked me then too. One of the many reasons I always enjoyed realism units to play with, they almost always had true integrity to play the strategy game the way it was meant to. With real strategy and skill.

    Mostly I just miss the old days.
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 309Player
    Is it really that crucial whether you can "ghost" or not?
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at



    P0asKE2.jpg
  • .Head_Shot..Head_Shot. Posts: 9Player
    edited July 2018
    Is it really that crucial whether you can "ghost" or not?

    To me yeah, it matters.

    And that crucial? Meaning what?
    It's not like I'm alerting the news, or going crazy with it.
    I'm posting my opinion, and others are sharing theirs as well. Not the end of the world, is it?
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,546Beta Tester
    edited July 2018
    Flatlander wrote: »
    No, If your dead, you shouldn't be able to tell people that are alive

    Noone is dead in this game.

    The. Right. Answer.

    Players are "Incapped" until they bleed out or are zipped, after which time they'd have to use a third party app to ghost. It is NOT built into the game.
    ______

    This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • .Head_Shot..Head_Shot. Posts: 9Player
    edited July 2018
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Flatlander wrote: »
    No, If your dead, you shouldn't be able to tell people that are alive

    Noone is dead in this game.

    The. Right. Answer.

    Players are "Incapped" until they bleed out or are zipped, after which time they'd have to use a third party app to ghost. It is NOT built into the game.

    Maybe so, but again, why can they communicate what is seen on someone who is still "alive" (walking around, shooting, completing objectives) persons screen?

    Also what you said about it not being built into the game is wrong by others account of there being an option to allow "dead" non "incapacitated" players to communicate with "alive" players all they want and again, communicate what they see on the "alive" person's screen. I've also experienced it first hand because there has been multiple instances where I'm the only one left actually "alive" and everyone is telling me what they see on my screen.

    Heck even the global VoIP seems to override everything, as I've heard, while alive, "where were you?" And the alive person responds and the person with the question says something like "oh [TOS Violation]"

    If your dead, your dead. If your incapacitated, fine tell people what you see, on your own incapacitation screen, of your own downed body and an enemy running over you, but if your incapacitated I really believe you should be forced to sit there and watch yourself bleed out or be secured until one of the latter happens, healed, bleed out or zipped, and at that point if it's the last of the two your communication with alive players should be zipped as well.
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 494Beta Tester
    edited July 2018
    It make sense that incapped players can talk to alive teammates, because if you are incapped, you are still not out of the game. However, if you saw your own body while being incapped, then it would lead to even more "nade my body!" situations. If I remember correctly it was like this in the early open beta days, and got changed for this exact reason.

    I think if you are spectating your teammate, you can't "remote guide" him effectively. Sure, you can tell him some info (e.g. where you got shot from, from where did the enemy kill an other teammate), but IMO this is not an issue. Telling a player what is on his screen does more harm than good 99% of the time. If your teammates don't realize this, then I dare say the issue is not with the game but with their behavior.

    If someone does this with me (trying to "remote guide" me) I usually just tell them to be quiet. No need to be rude with them, but you have to communicate clearly, that you are not interested in their commentary - something like "please be quiet, I want to listen". For me this works most of the time. If not, then I mute them.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • .Head_Shot..Head_Shot. Posts: 9Player
    edited July 2018
    It make sense that incapped players can talk to alive teammates, because if you are incapped, you are still not out of the game. However, if you saw your own body while being incapped, then it would lead to even more "nade my body!" situations. If I remember correctly it was like this in the early open beta days, and got changed for this exact reason.

    I think if you are spectating your teammate, you can't "remote guide" him effectively. Sure, you can tell him some info (e.g. where you got shot from, from where did the enemy kill an other teammate), but IMO this is not an issue. Telling a player what is on his screen does more harm than good 99% of the time. If your teammates don't realize this, then I dare say the issue is not with the game but with their behavior.

    If someone does this with me (trying to "remote guide" me) I usually just tell them to be quiet. No need to be rude with them, but you have to communicate clearly, that you are not interested in their commentary - something like "please be quiet, I want to listen". For me this works most of the time. If not, then I mute them.

    I could see the incapacitated view and nade my body being an issue, but like you stated, the people alive don't have to listen.

    Also I disagree with with not being able to remote guide an alive player, for example playing on the old IC map from 2.x, people that are dead constantly say they see people in hole in the wall, or computer window, on the roof, etc.

    Or even just blatent comments regarding a player using night vision and how the player who's dead can't see anything, which isn't ghosting but hella annoying.

    I guess I'm just not as patient as you, as in if I ask people to please be quiet and they don't I just get fed up and find a new server or just stop playing for a bit.

    I'll be the first to admit, while I'm decent at shooters and the overall strategy and skill to be very successful within them, held a dang near 2.1 kdr in aa 2.8.5 before the honor system went offline for aa3, I don't much care nor have the time to consecutively play in order to improve my skills and tactics within aapg mostly due to being on the road for work a lot and the constant nagging of "dead" players to the alive players. Just irks the heck out of me even when I see(hear) it and I'm not the last alive. Guess I'm just stuck in the good ol' days of this not being a global(or team) server wide issue(yes people have always ghosted, read next paragraph).

    Like I've stated before, yeah ghosting was always an issue in any variant of aa, with teamspeak, but never did the issue of ghosting exceed bunny hopping in 1.x or 2.x. 3.x doesn't count because you could only vault over objects and bunny hopping wasn't possible.

    I must say I am yet to experience my enemy bunny hop to avoid certain death.
  • .Head_Shot..Head_Shot. Posts: 9Player
    edited July 2018
    doogle! wrote: »
    I don't feel like ghosting is a problem in AAPG. I've played all versions and can say with absolute confidence that ghosting was a bigger problem in AA1-AA2. In my experience, ghosting happened in those games because some idiot would be sitting in assault spawn on Pipeline while the round had been going for 8 minutes.

    In AAPG, the game play and rounds are so fast, there's no need to ghost. You've only played for 2 hours in AAPG. Do you feel like you're really experiencing true ghosting, or do you dislike the VOIP when a player is "down" while awaiting revive?

    I just seen your 2 hour fact, while in fact I've played more than 500 hours of aapg over the years. I only recently made a new steam account after giving my old one with tons of games to my brother for his birthday along with my older PC.

    I really enjoy the in game VoIP, and have always wanted a system within the game for players to communicate to make the game more strategic than ever before, but this system is a joke, only considering there's an option to allow everyone to talk to everyone at any given point. The rest works great. Seeing a whole team talk and move at the same time is awesome, not when your teammate dies(not incapacitated) yell at you they got killed here or there is annoying. Get it out before you die or shush. I can see where you died and I need to listen. But whatever, obviously not to many people on my side and I've already given up on this otherwise really good game, and the community is nothing like it used to be. At any given time(mostly refering to late night or early morning) in 2.x there was at least around 800 people playing, now on a "busy" day maybe there's 300. I know no one will miss me, especially after all my comments, so peace.

    Mods might as well just lock the thread. Not like it'll make a difference
  • .Head_Shot..Head_Shot. Posts: 9Player
    edited July 2018
    Just another point to mention, totally off topic but not going to create a new thread when the understanding of anything I'm saying isn't being taken seriously, what happened to the training? Like how could this at all be a military sim used as a recruiting tool anymore like 2.x, can't remember 1.x. I remember sitting through the medics course in 2.x, I actually learned some things about first aid. Like properly tying a tourniquet. They tried in 3.x but that whole game kinda seemed half hearted in development, no offense to anyone I know the dev teams had their problems.
    This just feels like a suped up, army made version of call of duty crossed with elements of battlefield. But whatever.

    Also, anyone remember the competitive elements of 2.x? Anyone remember TWL? Man those were the days.

    Close the thread mods.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 641Player
    You keep saying people are speaking after they're killed. That's not true. If you are the last alive, no one can speak to you. If you are the last alive and there's 2 people who are able to be picked up, then only they can speak to you.

    You requested that "incapped" players remain on their body. That is the way it used to be, and it was way worse. Imagine having intel on enemy positions with no alive player ever seeing them. The current system works well enough. It's a trade off...everyone knows everyone in AAPG, and I credit the in-game VoIP system. Yes, people try to tell you how to play or what to do while they are incapped and spectating you, but normally there's a reason they are dead and watching me. Really, I should be charging for the free lessons. Double cost for Betas and ACI members.

    No one is upset with you my man, we always have good hearty discussions/debates on these forums. Keep playing, the game and community grows on you.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,546Beta Tester
    I wish there was a Like button :(
    ______

    This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 309Player
    edited July 2018
    Perhaps you shouldn't be able to spectate while your downed and relay info for your team. Then again, I could totally see the realism in a downed soldier altering his nearby team mates of where the enemy who shot him was,or that he may be still nearby.

    Even when spectating, it's not like you get to see or hear anything that the player you're spectating can't, so what's the real problem? The best way to prevent ghosting is to always secure the people you down or see down .
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at



    P0asKE2.jpg
  • DrawnDrawn Posts: 169Player
    I suggest letting all dead players stare to a blank screen instead of watching someone play.
Sign In or Register to comment.