So, how 'bout them private servers?

Trevah92Trevah92 Posts: 7Player
Any word on whether or not that's still going to be a thing? I love this game but anymore I have to force myself to play it. It gets tiresome having people who don't communicate, especially when they have mics. Or when you are having a great match only to have some random teammate start shooting you because their either get upset your doing better or just because they think it's funny. If there was some kind of competitive aspect to this game it would be so much better, Imo.

Comments

• cruzin126cruzin126 Posts: 1Player
    I agree. The number of unskilled players in this game ruins the fun of the game. It is quite discouraging when half my teammates go many times negative 10 and worse. I would love to have the option to play with only people who have a high K/D as that would weed out all of the people who simply do not know how to play a first person shooter that requires tactical play.

It would also be very beneficial to be able to vote to kick certain people who throw flash bangs at their teammates and take the flag or bomb and then proceed to climb a ladder and camp on a roof with a sniper rifle.
  • Ix-M0NTANA-xIIx-M0NTANA-xI Posts: 41Player
    Trevah92 wrote: »
    Any word on whether or not that's still going to be a thing? I love this game but anymore I have to force myself to play it. It gets tiresome having people who don't communicate, especially when they have mics. Or when you are having a great match only to have some random teammate start shooting you because their either get upset your doing better or just because they think it's funny. If there was some kind of competitive aspect to this game it would be so much better, Imo.

Totally agree. I'm sick of being forced to play with noobs who are privates and too young to play the game in the first place. Give us private servers asap and fix random matchmaking so we are paired with people who have similar KD or rank.

Thx.
  • OICURMT!OICURMT! Posts: 71Beta Tester
    Math check.
    --

In life, there is no respawn... why should there be in a game?
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 248Player
    What I find disappointing is the fact that most privates (E1-E-3) play better than these so-called Sergeant Majors of the Army (SMA) and such. 1st Sergeants going 0-9, whereas the PFC going 15-3 and practically carrying the team objective wise (such as myself(
    Amateurs try until they can get it right, Professionals keep trying until they can't get it wrong

P0asKE2.jpg
  • Ix-M0NTANA-xIIx-M0NTANA-xI Posts: 41Player
    Give us private servers or the ability to pick teams and play with people on our friends list.

Playing in rooms with clueless low rank people that dont use mics sucks!
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 248Player
    I've read that PS4 is going to have private matches, but I never saw anything about Private Servers.
    Amateurs try until they can get it right, Professionals keep trying until they can't get it wrong

P0asKE2.jpg
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 295Developer
    I've read that PS4 is going to have private matches, but I never saw anything about Private Servers.

The private lobbies (at least initially) will be on P2P servers hosted by one of the players on their PS4.

We are still discussing internally how dedicated servers/space/cpu will go towards private lobbies, if at all.
  • RollingInTheHurtRollingInTheHurt Posts: 163Player
    Since the PC and PS4 version of AAPG are so similar, why have you not allowed PS4 users to host dedicated servers via a PC host?
    Change a few lines in the .ini and away you go hosting an AAPG PS4 server.
    Most hosting companies already offer AAPG hosting so it's cheap and on good hardware.
    Also fees up the PS4 hardware client side so you can put more polish into the game.
    Makes sense to me.
    35d2uec.png
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 918Moderator
    Since the PC and PS4 version of AAPG are so similar, why have you not allowed PS4 users to host dedicated servers via a PC host?
    Change a few lines in the .ini and away you go hosting an AAPG PS4 server.
    Most hosting companies already offer AAPG hosting so it's cheap and on good hardware.
    Also fees up the PS4 hardware client side so you can put more polish into the game.
    Makes sense to me.
    Im not sure sony has a accessible backbone for PS, but i must admit, i really didnt dig that deep, but its nice thought
    ss_4_frankof.png