I think my account is in danger

SiNsOfThEDeViLSiNsOfThEDeViL Posts: 105Player
edited July 2018 in General Discussion
So I think I'm known for getting called out a cheater every single day, and I'm going to say it right now, yes I have cheated in the past in Team Fortress 2, and my Steam account is VAC Banned. I believe this happened in Dec. 2017. Anyways I quit cheating since then and I have over 1000+ hours on AAPG. Completed 76 achievements and spent a lot of time making friends and improving my self. Now I know that the community can't do anything and I'm not asking for Devs to never ban my account (i mean that would be great :D) but is there a way for me to check how often I get reported or something? And how many reports will result in a ban? Is it a perm ban or just suspension?

Also, my current rank is AAPG is SFC-III and I started playing the game on May 10th 2016.

I hope I can respond quickly and friendly to your comments :)

Thanks again, for reading this.

-SiNsOfThEDeViL

Whatever you do, you cannot outrun the devil.

Steam

Comments

• }{Gorilla}{}{Gorilla}{ Posts: 657Administrator
    edited July 2018
    If you have been banned then send in a ticket here https://www.americasarmy.com/support/general

As for seeing how many times you may have been reported, no there is no way for you to have this info unless they give you that info from your ticket. Usually that is confidential so giving you any info about your being reported could give details about who reported you and could make a situation worse.

Many clan servers have a no link to banned accounts rule in the servers. So you are being banned from these servers you need to take it up with the clan owners or leaders to have a ban removed. For instance if you were to be in my server and were linked to a steam ban I would also ban you only because that is my server rule. It does not mean however I am saying it was you but rather that our clans rule is that we don't allow players with any links to bans to play in the server as a precaution :P

As for knowing if your ban is permanent. This depends on if you are banned from a clan server or the game. I would assume you mean the game however. This can change depending on why you were banned and you need to fill out your ticket to find out if it is perm or not.

If you were caught hacking by a game moderator (officer) then you will have a perma ban. If you were banned for poor attitude, teamkilling, placing threats, then you usually get a tempo ban as a warning for a 1st offence. There is usually no bans for hackusation without real evidence however. No one can really tell you sept from your responder from your ticket.
    As a side note as for your ranking keep an eye on your points from here https://www.americasarmy.com/soldier/SiNsOfThEDeViL. Mark them down then after playing a few rounds threw check again to see if the numbers have changed. There is a bug where the count does not add onto the profile itself and calculate properly. I am not entirely sure why to be honest however if you do this and see no change in your profile I would suggest filling out a ticket for that as well so that someone can have a look and see if there is a reason why this might be happening.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 631Player
    As a side note as for your ranking keep an eye on your points from here https://www.americasarmy.com/soldier/SiNsOfThEDeViL. Mark them down then after playing a few rounds threw check again to see if the numbers have changed. There is a bug where the count does not add onto the profile itself and calculate properly. I am not entirely sure why to be honest however if you do this and see no change in your profile I would suggest filling out a ticket for that as well so that someone can have a look and see if there is a reason why this might be happening.

I'd hazard a guess that the cheating accusations have everything to do with the VAC ban and very little to do with his play.
  • SiNsOfThEDeViLSiNsOfThEDeViL Posts: 105Player
    I play on US Official Servers, sometimes on clan servers such as (BES) and Bridge servers, However when people think I'm cheating when I pre-fire a common spot and kill them over and over again they connect my play with my VAC Ban.

Whatever you do, you cannot outrun the devil.

Steam
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,400Player
    edited July 2018
    What do you expect players to think when you have been caught hacking 2 times stop crying you brought this on yourself.
  • -ew.raw^-ew.raw^ Posts: 170Player
    edited July 2018
    I play on US Official Servers, sometimes on clan servers such as (BES) and Bridge servers, However when people think I'm cheating when I pre-fire a common spot and kill them over and over again they connect my play with my VAC Ban.

Some clans dont take VAC bans over 2 years old seriously but some clans like -SD- for example see you as a cheater no matter if you cheated 20 years ago. I guess i can say that because its true.
    Your VAC ban is still kind of fresh in my opinion.
    1409304775_2240089.gif

AA2 2005 - 2015
    AA:PG 2015-

-ew.raw- wrote: »
    Some clans dont take VAC bans over 2 years old seriously but some clans like -SD- for example see you as a cheater no matter if you cheated 20 years ago. I guess i can say that because its true.
    Your VAC ban is still kind of fresh in my opinion.

Some clans have a rule that says there will be no acceptance to any linked or banned accounts. As private clans and owners they have the right to refuse you from their server for any reason as they see fit. This is only a precaution for most clans and the date of the ban makes no difference.

If you got caught then you brought it on yourself. If it was not you or a IP that your provider have given you, again only a precaution. I am sure you understand.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Contacting support is the right way to go. As for "number of reports" it doesn't matter if it is 1 or 100. There isn't an automatic number or reports that gets you banned. Our bans are hand done by our Admin team based on their own findings.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

This discussion has been closed.