Lag in official servers

Why official servers have been so laggy about last week at least?

Comments

• }{Gorilla}{}{Gorilla}{ Posts: 597Moderator
    I have been in and out of all the official servers that are going. I have not noticed anything odd. Is there a particular server and around what time (& time zone) is this occurring?
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 434Beta Tester
    I have been in and out of all the official servers that are going. I have not noticed anything odd. Is there a particular server and around what time (& time zone) is this occurring?

The EU servers. Their code is CDG maybe? The ping is not high, but something is making them lag pretty bad from time to time.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • -[iG]-BlackDragon77-[iG]-BlackDragon77 Posts: 36Player

The EU servers. Their code is CDG maybe? The ping is not high, but something is making them lag pretty bad from time to time.

Yea the EU ones. Even US servers work better with twice high ping.
  • }{Gorilla}{}{Gorilla}{ Posts: 597Moderator
    That should help with narrowing in down then :) I hope a fix can come out of this.
  • nL^Z0naGaming_nL^Z0naGaming_ Posts: 632Player
    So to re-open this topic, the FRA13 server lagging.. Some other officials as well. The same go's for private servers have some lagg issues.

The things we have seen so far are;

FRA13 Gets lagg spikes every minute or so, not like oh lagg i teleport but it freeze's the game for couple seconds and then continues again. This doesn't matter if we have halve of the players or full server.

Private servers have lagg issues too, I found that single fire is the best option for those server because when shooting full auto they will not die after a full clip on their chest.

Also not sure if it's related, after the maintenance on Monday for the Auth server it got worse for both official servers as private servers. So might be a good start to see if there is a conflict there.
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 295Developer
    So to re-open this topic, the FRA13 server lagging.. Some other officials as well. The same go's for private servers have some lagg issues.

FRA13 Gets lagg spikes every minute or so, not like oh lagg i teleport but it freeze's the game for couple seconds and then continues again. This doesn't matter if we have halve of the players or full server.

Private servers have lagg issues too, I found that single fire is the best option for those server because when shooting full auto they will not die after a full clip on their chest.

Also not sure if it's related, after the maintenance on Monday for the Auth server it got worse for both official servers as private servers. So might be a good start to see if there is a conflict there.

That's really good info, thank you. We have seen performance issues on the sports side as well since the patch (which I've also been chasing down). This is a good lead!

France and private servers, that all?

That's really good info, thank you. We have seen performance issues on the sports side as well since the patch (which I've also been chasing down). This is a good lead!

So far I can tell yes, there are only a view private servers I can access if you catch my drift and some work normal, but most have lagg issues. I joined FRA1 today for couple min and it looks fine on that one, accept PB isn't running there so I don't play long enough to say it's perfect.
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 918Moderator
    FRA servers are in Germany, its the airport code for Frankfurt
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • GBGangstaGBGangsta Posts: 63Developer
    There are three FRA servers running PB 11-13 hosted in Frankfurt.

FRA1 is a test server which i why PB isnt on there.

We have been seeing intermittent lag issues and and keeping an eye on it.
    I have checked the server performance metrics here and there is no significant difference on our servers here after the patch on Monday. For sports there's an obvious degradation after the patch we are chasing down, but not for PG.

However, I realize this doesn't tell me anything about what the FRA servers are experiencing but I checked our locals first.
    I have checked the server performance metrics here and there is no significant difference on our servers here after the patch on Monday. For sports there's an obvious degradation after the patch we are chasing down, but not for PG.

However, I realize this doesn't tell me anything about what the FRA servers are experiencing but I checked our locals first.

Just join FRA13 and sit in spectate for lets say 5min, you'll see what I mean..
    Might put some more light on it that way.
    Just join FRA13 and sit in spectate for lets say 5min, you'll see what I mean..
    Might put some more light on it that way.

Ok so I checked the Frankfurt server metrics alongside the US server metrics and utilization-wise there isn't any difference. Obviously there are fewer instances overall but I didn't see any red flags to clue me into anything.

I'll have to login myself to delve further.
  • DrawnDrawn Posts: 161Player
    AD12GO got issues daily. So wouldnt hurt to peak on there.
  • -[iG]-Leketiskis-[iG]-Leketiskis Posts: 126Player
    edited August 17
    Will try to record some video of how it looks. Mostly the two servers that have crazy lag in Europe:
    FRA13 (FRA1 works perfect, even thought im from East Europe), and there was map OAK12(might be wrong, but it was european server I believe, since ping was <100 for sure) or something like that, that one was weird two.
    It's OK up to some certain time, when nades hit walls like not catching moment when i released button, and same goes for shoting. All the controls get huge delays.
  • GBGangstaGBGangsta Posts: 63Developer
    Whats odd about this is the FRA's are an entirely new set of servers I only recently built out to replace the CDGs

I entirely take your word for the lag but when it is happening the servers themselves arent even blinking.

We will keep working on this, but I would be particularly interested in feedback wise is what servers you are seeing it on and when (roughly)
    edited August 18
    Will try to record some video of how it looks. Mostly the two servers that have crazy lag in Europe:
    FRA13 (FRA1 works perfect, even thought im from East Europe), and there was map OAK12(might be wrong, but it was european server I believe, since ping was <100 for sure) or something like that, that one was weird two.
    It's OK up to some certain time, when nades hit walls like not catching moment when i released button, and same goes for shoting. All the controls get huge delays.

So it is one particular server in Frankfurt?
  • DrawnDrawn Posts: 161Player
    edited August 18

AD12 Go. A delay in the throw of the flash, sometimes it takes a lot longer to start flying, over a second.
    Recorded yesterday I think. Grenade 10 second prior of video had no delay whatsoever.

Edit
    I could get an exact time tomorrow if it matters.
  • -[iG]-Leketiskis-[iG]-Leketiskis Posts: 126Player
    Jup, flash thing exactly what i mean. FRA13 has that too. and AD12 is probably the server that i ment that has same.
    FRA1 don't have this, maybe rarely, but on FRA13, thats 50% or nades, flashes.
  • [KAOS]-Doc.Blade[KAOS]-Doc.Blade Posts: 20Beta Tester

Alot of people have been complaining on the SYDNEY Australia Servers of late about lag spikes. Alot of them seem to coincide with players joining the server. Player joins the server, alot of players on the server lag out for up to 5 seconds some were reporting. Not all players, but last week or so has been alot of players getting it at the same time.

Oddly enough, the night of the most complaints last week, I actually had little to no lag all night in about 6 hours of playing, which is weird for me, I usually feel it too, especially with almost every player on the server complaining about it (with the exception of the odd 1 to 2 second freeze "lag" here and there of course, but only got that 2 or 3 times during that night too)

Doc
    Found a bug or having a challenge with the game, please submit a bug report so the DEV Team are aware of it, and can work to fix it. Please dont ignore it, and not worry, as you can be helping other people too by submitting a bug report. Click the link below, doesnt take long to do.
    http://bugreport.americasarmy.com
  • RollingInTheHurtRollingInTheHurt Posts: 163Player
    I think it's something to do with the netcode as its been occurring since patching against the UT3 admin packet spoofing exploit.
    When the shudder occurs the FPS dives to 0 and the ping also dives to 0.
    Then the next half a second it quickly creep back up.
    High ping, low ping, official or private, full server, empty server. The shuttering is across the board.
    Aslo having PB enable or disabled on the server makes no difference.
    35d2uec.png