Glass Floors

I've made a map with two levels, the floor of the second floor is bulletproof glass. The aim was to see if you could get your teammates to work as a team and call out enemy positions on the other floor. Works quite well and have had some good matches where teammates guide each other onto the opfor, "There is no place to hide".

Unfortunately being the amateur map maker i haven't figured out how to get the spot enemy to spot the enemy through the floor.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Comments

• Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 441Beta Tester
    It's not possible. The spotting system checks for a clear line to the enemy, it cannot see through glass. Spotting through glass is impossible on official maps too.

I don't know about any sneaky workaround, if it exists, can some ore experienced mapper share it with us?
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,320Beta Tester
    edited May 23
    Line of sight doesn't mean 'what you can see' unfortunately. It's basically a check for 'is object blocked by other object?' and was a way of preventing spots from behind SOLID objects. The game isn't coded to have a 'transparency value' for spotting. The Devs would have to add that, not a map maker.

______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 915Player
    What if the mesh was hidden ingame . Or would its properties still be seen by the code ?
    If the mesh was hidden in game, how could you see it??! :p
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 915Player
    Glass floor wouldnt matter much and u still get glass splinter effect when shooting . Just wanted to know if hidden ingame would u be able to spot through it .
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,362Player
    Why would you need enemy spot with a glass floor.
  • 13Cav.Kendmac13Cav.Kendmac Posts: 38Player
    to light them up on the map for teammates to see
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,362Player
    But they can see them through the glass =)
    mmmm yes if they are near you, otherwise not. Easiest at the moment is to follow them around and tell your team you're below or above them
    I 'think' we played this on 101st. Cool map and concept, but I have a suggestion to make the comms idea more robust...put more identifiable features for callouts so players aren't limited to 'Above! Below! North! East!'

Everything seems the same and too hard to do good team comms.

(IF this is the map with the walls, glass floors and tower in the middle for extract.)
    ______

@Keebler750 will try to think of something, maybe different coloured lights in various sectors?

Yes it is that map