Ddos attacks are back

[=PUG=]Pecka[=PUG=]Pecka Posts: 61Player
Well after hearing that a company was taken down due to being blamed for dossing.
AAPG was also included among the attacks from this company.
Well after that we all started to enjoy uninterrupted game play, waahooo!
So after 1 week its back!
We are all so disappointed that once again the attacks are back on the rise again.
so just when AAPG was taking hold again, its going to fizz back out.

So come developers rescue this game!!
please help us out in Aussie and New Zealand
and please give some hope !!!

Positive feedback from the Devs would be great for all to hear.

From the down and under
[=PUG=]Pecka
pacific-urban-gamers.com

Comments

• |-OSG-|De4thwizard|-OSG-|De4thwizard Posts: 11Player
    Yes absolutely right Pecka, |-OSG-|Old School Gamers we run a dedicated server with 3 AAPG games running, exactly as Pecka has said, after this DDoSS company shut down, we had 3 nights of DDoSS free interruptions, well now we are getting DDoSS"ed again 3 times a night. The effort we put into giving Australasia AAPG gaming going the DDoSS is back, I believe that this is the last effort gamers make out there to play AAPG, they get kicked from an AAPG server 3 times a night, it's inevitable that AAPG is going to lose big time in its marketing in Australasia - New Zealand.

If there was to be a small subscription to run a DDoSS program, I tell you now I would be in, for the good of our AAPG Community

It is now past the point of discussion surely??,,Actions now must be on the agenda

As you can feel from this post, we are beyond frustrated, is it time for Australasia to move on from a disappointing AAPG support

On behalf of Australasia - ANZAC
    |-OSG-|Old School Gamers
  • OICURMT!OICURMT! Posts: 93Beta Tester
    Guys... a couple of things. 1) DDOS has nothing to do with the game, per se, but is related to the network stack and how it works. 2) The developers and Beta's (Tortured in particular, on behalf of the AU/NZ community) are looking into solutions.

You really need to stop blaming the game and look toward DDOS solutions, as the game mearly accpets and rejects connections based on normal network calls/routines. Yes, there is room for improvement and hopefully we can get to one.

That said, I can tell you that there are a couple of things Tortured and myself are looking into that *may* ease the problem, but probably not solve it.

Miss you guys by the way... always great playing with the ANZ crew.

OIC!
    --

In life, there is no respawn... why should there be in a game?
  • Toe_Tag_Toe_Tag_ Posts: 18Player
    @DeathWizard Your running your own AA server? Why? I would be more inclined to say your server is misconfigured.
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 610Player
    edited May 2018
    @DeathWizard Your running your own AA server? Why? I would be more inclined to say your server is misconfigured.

We in Europe even have a whole clan ddosing other peoples server if you behave wrong in their opinion. They dont like your serverrules?! Lets kill the server. Server dead?! Lets take the servername.
    So its more likely that he is right with his claim.
    AAPG is good!
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 610Player
    Blizzard knows how to deal with that crap...
    http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-44038178
    AAPG is good!
  • |-OSG-|De4thwizard|-OSG-|De4thwizard Posts: 11Player
    ToeTag, mis configured???? what does that have to do with a DDoSS attack, what are u on about, ???please explain, I choose to run a Clan that likes the ability to run a server to suit our gamers, that is why I run 3 x AAPG servers