Not able to play some User Maps

Have a problem with some user maps.

Can change the server to them, however when someone tries to join it gives the message

"Could not Connect: Version Mismatch"

Have tried a number of things
1. Unsubscribing from the map in worshop and deleteing the directory on my machine. Resubscribe and let it re download - Still the same error
2. Deleted it from the server and let the server redownload = Still the same
3. Deleted all the user maps from the server and my machine, let them redownload - Still the same
4. Copied the files from my machine to the server - Still same error

Can't think of anything else to do, hoping you guys will have some idea

Comments

• -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,400Player
    edited April 2018
    Check the maps have been updated look when the last update was on the map.
    If all is good you can manually add the maps to the server your self .
    AAPG/Binaries/win32/steamapps/workshop/content then you will see a number like this 203290 add your maps manually there if the maps your adding are good and updated this method is guaranteed to work.
    After you have done this if you still get the message "Could not Connect: Version Mismatch" there is a problem with the map if you don't get that message and all is good then its a problem with your server and you will need to ask your provider why it will not download umm's until they fix it you can add as many as you want using the method.
  • 13Cav.Kendmac13Cav.Kendmac Posts: 46Player
    Thanks, ive tried the manual method it still gives the same error, checked the 20 UMMs on the server and 5 of them give the same error, including one made by my son, and he has definitely not changed it recently. Could the last update have broken some of them
    Give me a link to his map and I will test it on my server.
    I have not seen any problems with umm's since the last update only Material and texture changes but that should not cause problems.
    Hi,

Its called Close Quarters Big - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1249944089&searchtext=close

Was working a few weeks ago, now it gives the version mismatch error

THanks for the help
    It is working fine on my server.
    Make sure you put correct number in AASteamUGCManager.ini
    ServerSubscribedItems=(IdString=1249944089)
    If you have these maps on rotation make sure they are put in correctly configuration files DefaultGame.ini
    +MapRotationList="flo_CloseQuartersBig$76561198011141180_ex"
    In the file AASteamUGCManager.ini, I have the following

ServerSubscribedItems=(IdString=1249944089) // 017 - CQB

in aagame.ini, i ahve the following

MapRotationList=flo_CloseQuartersBig$76561198011141180_ex

I don't have the + at the start or in enclosed in "" but the other maps seem to work without it.

So not sure where to go from here
    Its the same just different file to put it in your using aagame.ini I use DefaultGame.ini that's why I have the + and "".
    Not sure why you have // 017 - CQB at the end of this
    ServerSubscribedItems=(IdString=1249944089) // 017 - CQB

It should be like this
    ServerSubscribedItems=(IdString=1249944089)
    I have that to help me keep a check on what i have on the server, it doesn't affect the other maps and didn't affect this one before so i am assuming it is fine. However good point I'll take it out and see if it will work
    I unistalled AA and deleted all the file remnants , reinstalled and still the same issue, verison mismatch even though they are the exact same
    edited April 2018
    What is your server name I will join then you can switch map to
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1249944089&searchtext=close
    Then we can see if I get kicked if I do its a problem with your server not your game.
    Thanks Delton, see you were on server the other night. Managed to get it sorted, had a problem with a map i had been working on that kept crashing the editor, and all the backups also crashed it, eventually ended up uninstalling AA , clearing all the left over files. Reinstalled. This fixed the problem i had with the editor. During this i republished my map and noted that when i loaded it it was missing textures , replaced them and published . Now it works again. Same with Muzzas Clearday, it was also giving the same error, he republished and now its fixed. Will try with the two other maps that werent working tonight, those havent been republished , so if they still dont work then its possibly something to do with those missing textures
    It seems to be the textures. Tried the other maps and the server will change to them, however the client gets dropped to the lobby after quite a while , when you try to reconnect then you just get the connecting symbol