Non-dedicated server possible?

Hello,

I would like to be able to host a server on a pc that could also be used to play on that server. I know its not the best idea performance wise, but I would still like to try it if possible.

So is there a way to run a non-dedicated server? Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,499Beta Tester
    You can run multiple instances of the AAGame.exe just not through Steam. I do it all the time running it from a batch file. I play that way with the server on my machine, or just host on my laptop.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • [NB]Nightmare[NB]Nightmare Posts: 2Player
    You can run multiple instances of the AAGame.exe just not through Steam. I do it all the time running it from a batch file. I play that way with the server on my machine, or just host on my laptop.
    How do you do it?

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,499Beta Tester
    When you search the various forums here, the only thing you don't have to do is the AUTH name and password since we no longer Auth for servers. So, set up the command line to start the AAGame.exe with the various arguments in the batch file, and make sure you have the right ports open. I'll leave the research up to you.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.