Just wondering

I used to play America's Army way back probably 10 to 13 years ago and it was cool. I just started playing it again and it seems like people think you are hacking all the time. Does the game still use Punk Buster like it did? I was in a server and got three kills one guy twice and then they kicked me because they said I had no recoil. I was prone on all 3 kills. How much recoil should I have? I was just wondering if this is going to happen a lot? You get a couple kills and then they just kick you? Don't sound like much fun to me. Maybe I just picked the wrong server.

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,499Beta Tester
    Yep. There are friendly private servers, and Official servers. It's not easy to see 'no recoil' because Spectate View doesn't show exactly what's happening. Just keep trying (and don't be one of THOSE people who DO use fake skills.... ) :)
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,055Player
    edited April 2018
    The game used punkbuster at launch. I honestly have no clue if it still does or if it was replaced by something else. Even balance's website has the last update for AAPG back in 2014. PB isn't really used anymore by any game (their list of games has nothing that's been released after 2015) and no updates since then.

Even back in the AAO/AA2 days I always found punkbuster to be quite lacking. I'm surprised they lasted as long as they did. At this point, I'd say PB is quite useless.

I think BattleEye is the standard these days, I could be wrong.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,401Player
    edited April 2018
    PunkBuster Supported Games

America's Army Proving Grounds v1.892 v2.341 | A1376
    Battlefield 3 v1.903 v2.352 | A1386
    Battlefield 4 v1.902 v2.351 | A1390
    Battlefield Hardline v1.888 v2.340 | A1383
    Battlefield: Bad Company 2 v1.826 v2.305 | A1382
    Blacklight: Retribution v1.843 v2.293 | A1374
    Far Cry 3 v1.853 v2.312 | A1383
    Ghost Recon Future Soldier v1.837 v2.278 | A1384
    Medal of Honor v1.810 v2.309 | A1384
    Medal of Honor Warfighter v1.866 v2.324 | A1388
    Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad v1.854 v2.313 | A1372

As you can see AAPG and other games are still using PunkBuster.

https://www.evenbalance.com/games.php
  • L0rdDamianL0rdDamian Posts: 700Player
    PunkBuster doesn't require to update as much as before, it's all on the background now.
    Illegal software is still added to their list and being scanned for, people are still getting banned.
  • ClyoatisClyoatis Posts: 2Player
    I just wasn't sure. I figured they were using some sort of anti cheat software. I don't really care what kind it is because I am a fair gamer. Just wondered if the game is riddled with hackers or what. I used to play the original AA on piggy backed dial up modems. That was something to say the least. lol I have a good cable modem now so I can't blame my lack of skill on my connection anymore. lol, Anyway,, See ya guys on the battle field..
    edited April 2018
    Every game is riddled with hackers, all we can do is support the devs and admins to take care of them. It's up to the community to make sure it's as fair as possible.
  • {M.9}-Arko{M.9}-Arko Posts: 206Player
    Today I was on the UK Server, and one of them told me to leave, several admins reported that I‘m hacking. What a joke these people. Hopefully they reported me, and got a negative feedback from the devs....clowns.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 629Player
    Welcome back to AA.
    Today I was on the UK Server, and one of them told me to leave, several admins reported that I‘m hacking. What a joke these people. Hopefully they reported me, and got a negative feedback from the devs....clowns.

I can assure you that the person asking you to leave wasn't a admin, if they really thought you hacked they simply ban you with out asking to leave.. Been playing there for so long, they are good people.
  • {M.9}-Arko{M.9}-Arko Posts: 206Player
    edited April 2018

I can assure you that the person asking you to leave wasn't a admin, if they really thought you hacked they simply ban you with out asking to leave.. Been playing there for so long, they are good people.

Had absolutely nothing against anybody there and played also often on this server. I left today, because he [MOD EDIT] told me to leave otherwise he will ban me. I respected his words and just left without any disrespectful word. But hey, that‘s something to be discussed with them directly. Just wanted to mention another story, how the games keep going with these „hacker“ prejudices.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Since this is devolving to just 'name and shame' going to go ahead and shut this down.
    Like it or not, private server owners choose who play on their servers.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

This discussion has been closed.