Sound carry/noise vs fairness

Sibelis2Sibelis2 Posts: 34Player
So, it's come to my attention after playing with multiple groups and individuals of "I'm/we're the best" that the main and overwhelming way to become top dog... is to use a superhuman hearing headset, or worse buy a studio one were you can individually separate the different strains of sound so you can always hear the footsteps.. I've also been around when these same people need to charge their headset and ergo play at 'human' ability... where-in their ability to aim instead of wait around corners when hearing an approach actually mattered.(went form 20-3 averages to 6-5 basic play) I can tell you my main strategy for such ppl is camp during firefights when they're busy and wait on them to slip by listening for me.
The crews where the guy with the great mic calls out where his teammates need to look while dead. I know for myself you can hear basically all over Redline by standing near the elevator, tell which tunnel slappy feet goes down all the way to the bottom stairs on Rock tunnel or Blue, ect.
My question is, can nothing be done to dampen the sound carry or make it more fair? I know our soldiers might have noise canceling headsets for shooting with now days, but the average insurgent grunt does too? The casual players don't always know how sound reliant the "best player's" are nor should ppl be paying to win here. In RL your not hearing much of anything in a dog fight or after you've fired your first few rounds off and your ears are ringing. I'm not recovering at the shooting range from ripping a clip of AK rounds off... especially not in under four minutes.

Just wondering cause with the game battles and all you want to get in it's going to start to significantly show when mediocre players basically listen to win.... Not that that's not the case now, just more ppl might start to realize it.

Comments

• L0rdDamianL0rdDamian Posts: 700Player
    I'm sorry but this post made me laugh so hard, AAPG pay to win.

Having good sound is a key feature in gaming the same way as having a good system to run the game smoothly. Whats next? Telling the Developers to change the layout of the map every week, or changing up the recoil pattern of the weapons every week?.

Good players use sound knowledge, map knowledge, weapon knowledge. And if they are anything like myself they also study their opponents play style like routes they take, do they corner hug, is he playing aggressive or is he playing passive, is he having control over the weapon's recoil pattern.

You are using the sound excuse and calling it pay to win because he bought good gaming gear and lying to yourself to suppress the fact that players in this game are just better then what you are.

No hard feelings, nor am I attacking you on this. Just stating facts.
  • Sibelis2Sibelis2 Posts: 34Player
    AHahahahaaha. I have the same ps4 Superhuman hearing they do,(I'm not shelling out 1k on a studio mic though,) I just don't like to use it to play that way because that's stupid gameplay. Your response makes me think your one of those players whom like it that way, you went Ad hominem rather quick there bub. "players are better than you" Rofl, I don't care about being the best, I care about having a good team and using it properly, which makes me different and willing to complain about things others would rather just jump on instead. The core techniques here should translate to any other war game like paintball or airsoft, it's part and parcel why it's an American Army game, it's a training tool.
    All that you mention becomes second when they can literally hear you coming from 30+ ft away, far enough to camp any corner or toggle either angle. How do you think I know whom to camp on until they are gone because they got the good headset? *whispers* mayhaps I'm already paying attention*whispers*.
    Just the facts, your not that good if you play by sound, come play paintball any day of the week with me. I'm old and ridged but I can still aim lol.
    You are using the sound excuse and calling it pay to win because he bought good gaming gear and lying to yourself to suppress the fact that players in this game are just better then what you are.

Oh and "bought good gaming gear" is literally paying to win, and "lying to suppress the fact" is a direct attack on my character... so great dabate skills bro, No hard feelings at all over here, now I'M laughing too.
    Sibelis2 wrote: »

Oh and "bought good gaming gear" is literally paying to win, and "lying to suppress the fact" is a direct attack on my character... so great dabate skills bro, No hard feelings at all over here, now I'M laughing too.

I don't believe you fully comprehend what the definition of pay to win means if it comes to gaming, because the way you describe this is completely incorrect. There is nothing you can buy from within the game that allows you as a person to play better, do more damage or have superiority over other players. This game is pure skill based.

And I don't debate, not on a post like this that is purely based on frustration.
    I've given you the facts and that's all I have to say about it.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,499Beta Tester
    The point here is that if everyone had the same equipment, we would find a very different definition of 'skill.'

I notice a huge advantage over players due to my headset and to me it doesn't seem fair either, so I hear you Sibelis. I can tell EXACTLY where someone is in a map. :s
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    edited April 2018
    a post like this that is purely based on frustration.
    Frustrated that my team of randoms dies so fast and I'm one good mic vs a whole clan of good ones? When one on one they're not that great with someone on par with them? Something that makes the game nigh on unplayable except in such a group or with Significant team work which is also rather rare except in a seasoned group? Perhaps I am... Perhaps I am...

• F_ictionF_iction Posts: 4Player
    Frustrated that my team of randoms dies so fast and I'm one good mic vs a whole clan of good ones? When one on one they're not that great with someone on par with them? Something that makes the game nigh on unplayable except in such a group or with Significant team work which is also rather rare except in a seasoned group? Perhaps I am... Perhaps I am...

So let me get this right, you're upset that a game based on tactical team gameplay...is rewarding players that work as a group and have communication via headsets? But the problem is you're playing solo and that's the only reason you're getting wrecked? Maybe you should get a group to play with. That seems like a logical solution.
    F_iction wrote: »

So let me get this right, you're upset that a game based on tactical team gameplay...is rewarding players that work as a group and have communication via headsets? But the problem is you're playing solo and that's the only reason you're getting wrecked? Maybe you should get a group to play with. That seems like a logical solution.

I do play in groups, of tried and true killers who will leave you on the ground lmao.(was in a very short list clan for nigh on 8 mo and they'd leave me on the ground if I missed the counter snipe in the opening ten seconds of say, intercept) I'm complaining because of the way superhuman hearing makes the game play, like an exercise in camping at a listening post. Oh and that communication, in party chat, is intentionally discontinued in the game itself for fairness of calling things out when already dead, party chat denies that... let alone if you get a half group whom has part of the squad join in so they can communicate enemy positions... but that's a different rant, and something pvt servers are supposed to help with. tactical communication and teamwork would be great, not one guy calling out all the footsteps he hears even after he's long been secured.
    What you don't realize, is I've been in their party chat when i'm the one guy left being hunted too, so I know exactly how it goes down, and exactly how little you can hide when they know where to look and how useless it is to run when your steps will just carry louder.
    Quite frankly the time I played before and the time I've played since discovering this has two entirely different flavors and feels to them. I used to feel like a grunt in a small scale firefight, now though *shrugs*
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,499Beta Tester
    This thread delivers!!!!! :+1:
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 629Player
    Sound is of critical importance in nearly all online video games. In AA, there are several players who feel like the sound is actually inferior to what it was 10 years ago. However, good sound does not equal higher KDR/more deadly player. Using your head will help even the odds of what you may perceive as a large gap in hardware performance. Lastly, most players on public servers tend to run around like a herd of elephants, so I'm okay with them getting punished a bit when literally anyone listening can hear them.
    Why don't you buy a cheap set of $60 afterglow's? You don't need Astros or a pair of sennheiser's to be competitive with the sound whoring.
    Why don't you buy a cheap set of $60 afterglow's? You don't need Astros or a pair of sennheiser's to be competitive with the sound whoring.
    Oh I got a whole set of them, recon 40p's, stealth 500 and 700p's. Not really my point, half the post are looking at this as a problem of the player to be fixed, while i'm trying to point out what I perceive as a flaw in the game design vs it's intention. The realistic sound backfires with unrealistic hearing.
    Quick question though, does the PS version also have tactical mode?
    Because they sneak up on me with that daily and you can't hear them at all.
    I'm tracking now. As far as I'm concerned, I think the audio levels are fine. If you're playing with the sound from your TV, that's entirely your own fault. Shooters that cater to poor/casual players end up with things like heart beat monitors and OMA perks that give you unlimited 203s (looking at you, mw2)
    Destiny completely removed footsteps from their competitive play, but I don't think anyone is going to say that they've done right with that game.

Negative, I've never even heard of it related to AAPG on ps4. If it's one were you can't hear though, i'd be playing it.
    I'm tracking now. As far as I'm concerned, I think the audio levels are fine. If you're playing with the sound from your TV, that's entirely your own fault. Shooters that cater to poor/casual players end up with things like heart beat monitors and OMA perks that give you unlimited 203s (looking at you, mw2)
    Destiny completely removed footsteps from their competitive play, but I don't think anyone is going to say that they've done right with that game.
    From what I understand AAPG is geared towards generating interest in younger and casual gamers while giving an accurate representation of combat conditions to the point those of experience can hone such skills here as well. Since your not paying anything it's the experience/ results that matter to the developers then I think...I don't play destiny, I've not played COD since Black Ops 2. I play this because I appreciate the underlying intention and wish to practice such things without driving miles to a paintball field. The lack of Multiplayer style perks was a big point on that too.
  • H.E.A.T.H.E.A.T. Posts: 126Player
    im dizzy come on DEV are this ps4 or pc??i see the ps4 text but why when i click at the text then i m be in ps4??update this so we other can get off at this ps4.)thanks you
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 480Beta Tester

Negative, I've never even heard of it related to AAPG on ps4. If it's one were you can't hear though, i'd be playing it.

It's not a game mode, it is a movement type. Basically when you turn it on, you'll move considerably slower but you'll make less noise. You still make some sound but it's significantly less.

On PC it's keybind is called "Tactical mode" or something like that under the controls menu.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
This discussion has been closed.