Is The Ddos Fix Coming Soon??

-Hades-Hades Posts: 28Player
Every night, certain servers are being ddos'd what's happening and when is there going to be a solution for it?
Started on the Australian servers and now happening regularly with the American 1%er server.

Comments

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Dev Kartigan is looking at options with our Linux server that may stop the current method of attack.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• GoA]z!o[N]cya[GoA]z!o[N]cya[ Posts: 109Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    Dev Kartigan is looking at options with our Linux server that may stop the current method of attack.

<3 <3 <3 Ok - and now i will continue to praise the sun.
  • -Hades-Hades Posts: 28Player
    Thank you Tots
  • =R*C=TeEeJai!=R*C=TeEeJai! Posts: 26Player
    Any update? This player count in Asia Pacific is dwindling by the day. Good to see you actually acknowledge there is a problem now, apart from.............. just get a better server. But we need a fix, its been over a year!
  • =R*C=RasGhuL=R*C=RasGhuL Posts: 5Player
    The Devs could/should consider taking server IP addresses out of the Server browser GUI and replace player ping with Colored bars similar to PS4 network.

No IP addresses to point the DDos at = no DDos.
  • -SD-nooz-SD-nooz Posts: 1Player
    The Devs could/should consider taking server IP addresses out of the Server browser GUI and replace player ping with Colored bars similar to PS4 network.

There are other ways to aquire the servers IP address.
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 480Beta Tester

With the right tools you can easily figure out the IP... And the color bar thing is a horrible idea in my opinion. What would it help with ddos? I don't see the connection quality of others anyway, but I definitely want to see my own.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • =R*C=RasGhuL=R*C=RasGhuL Posts: 5Player
    Of course you can sniff ip addresses, but wouldn't it be better not to offer targets to less experienced hackers? You don't see IP addresses for many of the current popular games and I rarely hear of them being DDos'd...
  • L0rdDamianL0rdDamian Posts: 700Player
    No point in removing it, you can see it in steam, gametracker or use cmd.
  • Hello all ,

I think the engine has to drop the specify port like DNS or other would not be needen for the engine. The attacks ar comming from a lot of changing IP but the specify port nummber is the Hit, and this should be the best solution. right now I ll making the test to drop the port IPs XX.XX.XX.XX:53.
    Ok I check it if it s working

• FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 610Player
    We just revealed the identity from the guy ddosing our server. The provider is informed and will take legal actions.

AAPG is good!
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 610Player
    Funny guy... Saying on steam : If you want peace - shoot me a message :)))
    AAPG is good!
  • lol first attack he cant get a point .... now hes usin the hole ports of his botnet ....to attack.
    I dont think that hes realizing what he do ! My 4letterz will not be on the court/jail seat.