Officials getting bad lag spikes

-GuNS-Wolf-GuNS-Wolf Posts: 10Player
The official servers have been getting really bad lag spikes as of late. we are talking 2 second freeze type of lag please look into it.

Comments

• It's really awful. I hope it gets fixed soon.
  • }{Gorilla}{}{Gorilla}{ Posts: 597Moderator
    Sorry to hear that guys. This happens from time to time. I am sure someone will restart the servers or look at them soon.
  • syst3mssyst3ms Posts: 2Player
    edited August 20
    still really bad lag spikes with only 40 ping - start shooting someone and they teleport to a different spot. or you can try to jump over a wall and end up somewhere completely different, for example.
    server is U.S. ARMY OFFICIAL IAD12 GO

edit: its not just me - its happening to everyone there. the pdx great outdoors seems to be much better but people won't join it even if there isn't any lag spikes. because the ping is higher there.
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 295Developer
    Yeah this is already known and being investigated. FRA13 and IAD12 are the big offenders and we are about to make some changes to both.
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 696Player
    FRA11 as well.

Elite Challenges completed:
    M24
    M249
    M4
    M16
    M14
    M9
    M870 - W00T!!!

1 to go xD
  • Eradicate-Eradicate- Posts: 2Player
    Yeah this is already known and being investigated. FRA13 and IAD12 are the big offenders and we are about to make some changes to both.

Any ETA when these changes are going to be introduced on the servers?
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 295Developer
    Eradicate- wrote: »

They will be converted from Windows servers to Linux servers at the time of the next update (end of Sept).

Also have the database team investigating odd server metrics across all right now.
  • Eradicate-Eradicate- Posts: 2Player
    Eradicate- wrote: »

They will be converted from Windows servers to Linux servers at the time of the next update (end of Sept).

Also have the database team investigating odd server metrics across all right now.

I appreciate the information. Thanks for looking into this.
  • syst3mssyst3ms Posts: 2Player
    edited September 12
    any news on what happened to the U.S. ARMY OFFICIAL IAD12 GO server? its been gone for a little while now.

edit: i know there is one great outdoors server online - but we all have horrible ping on it.

thanks for your time
  • nL^Z0naGaming_nL^Z0naGaming_ Posts: 632Player
    edited September 13
    syst3ms wrote: »
    edit: i know there is one great outdoors server online - but we all have horrible ping on it.

Makes sense, because the outdoor still online is an NA server. Already asked aaHollywood to ad EU/NA in the server names because to many people out there still don't realize their location.
  • DrawnDrawn Posts: 161Player
    edited September 12
    Where are you seeing this EU outdoor? I just see PDX GO
  • nL^Z0naGaming_nL^Z0naGaming_ Posts: 632Player
    Drawn wrote: »
    Where are you seeing this EU outdoor? I just see PDX GO

The EU Outdoor is currently offline.
  • RollingInTheHurtRollingInTheHurt Posts: 163Player
    SYD1 is getting intermittent lag spikes/rubber banding.
    Has been occurring for the last 24 hours.
    35d2uec.png