PS4 Update Notes (13 MAR 2018)

TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Developer
edited March 13 in PS4
Our programmers have been hard at work on fixes for the party system and server performance issues. This patch should greatly improve the experience of both! Also included are some new customization options, map bug fixes, and general game bug fixes. This update sets the stage for our upcoming new map that you can expect very soon!

New Features
  • Added voice playback and transmit volume controls for PS4
  • PS4 servers now have unique names
  • Enemy weapon support added to the MySoldier menu
  • Head and Voice customization options are now in the MySoldier menu

Map Fixes
  • Fix for grenades and flashes having no effect in cabinet area on Hydra
  • Fix for steel beam penetration on Hydra
  • Fix for penetration values on fountain on Hydra
  • Change to the Hydra server room floor to have a more accurate footstep sound
  • Added blocking volumes to the arcade cabinet in Hydra to block grenades from passing through
  • Fixed minor collision issue on Hospital
  • Fixed Hydra bulletproof glass to make it bulletproof
  • Fixed visual bug on Intercept
  • Fixed cabinet penetration issue on Hydra at OBJ site

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed issue with Hydra only supporting 6v6 on PS4
  • PS4 Ping values adjusted in matchmaking
  • Halved the wait times while creating a match
  • Fixed weapon optics not being properly unlocked
  • Offline mode now properly works on PS4
  • Scrolling through presets and key binding has been sped up
  • MP7 no longer shows in MySoldier menu
  • Fix for PS4 players able to use locked weapon skins
  • Fix for changes in MySoldier menu not saving
  • Fix for servers not showing the correct room for new parties to join
  • Fix for party balance on round change

KNOWN ISSUES
  • If a member of a party leaves during a game that party may be split up. Backing out to the main menu and re-joining a game will fix this.
The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

Comments

• KirruKirru Posts: 49Player
    Thanks for the update! Will be heyying on tonight to try 'er out with the new fixes... Or break, depending in how the game acts! Lol
  • [SF]InsanityKillz[SF]InsanityKillz Posts: 8Player
    Ty for all ur hard work an for this much needed update!
  • OneEyeTheHardOneEyeTheHard Posts: 46Player
    Nice job! Gonna log in now ans try it out
  • mojobow28mojobow28 Posts: 3Player
    Kirru wrote: »
    Thanks for the update! Will be heyying on tonight to try 'er out with the new fixes... Or break, depending in how the game acts! Lol

• mojobow28mojobow28 Posts: 3Player
    Just played.......... party issues NOT FIXED
  • ghostthatshighghostthatshigh Posts: 46Player
    Random question but what does it mean by "offline mode " the firing range and explore maps is exactly the same lol
    America's army clans and recruitment on psn community , help build a place for clans and wars!
    mojobow28 wrote: »
    Just played.......... party issues NOT FIXED

I'm sure there'll be a few kinks to work out . Hopefully not too many
    America's army clans and recruitment on psn community , help build a place for clans and wars!
  • xOSCx--GooNz--xOSCx--GooNz-- Posts: 15Player
    Issue with customizing controller layout. Once you get to sight and fire weapon the selection messes up so you cant configure.
    So after myself an 2 others partied up in game an in psn chat its still acting messed up... match we joined it kicked 1 of us...then the next it said match found an we sat there forever only to be takin to an empty match lol the maps took long as [TOS Violation] to load ...then i took us out of party chat...joined another match an it again kicked 1 of us but me an the other that remained couldnt hear each other in game...so he backed out an joined on me an we could then hear each other...WTF
    ...we tried numerous methods to see what would work an nothing in regards to the party system is fixed...
  • THAILANDdaddyTHAILANDdaddy Posts: 7Player
    Issue tonight I’ve experienced 4 times. Start a game, play 2-4 rounds. Get kicked out after lagging starts. Tried solo, same issue.

Look guys, you have a good game. Several I know love the $&@? Out of it. But not being able to play together and when we do getting kicked Ian pushing us away. I know I’m the only one speaking now but I’m sure I speak for many here.

Please fix this soon.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,114Beta Tester
    I wish I had a PS4 to help test this stuff. Myself and a bunch of others only test the PC version. :(
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    Yea even when i tried to play by myself it took a minute to get into the match and when it did it was empty and the map seemed to have a hard time loading and my normal ping is in the 30s and now after this update it runs between the 40s an 60s...plz fix guys...
  • ThePrince.DThePrince.D Posts: 6Player
    Everytime I start the game my settings are reset. It's not a game changing bug but its annoying to have to change them everyrime I want to play
    Everytime I start the game my settings are reset. It's not a game changing bug but its annoying to have to change them everyrime I want to play

Yeah I've noticed this too . Even if you go to the target range and back to the menu it'll reset . Weapon skins , audio ect
  • AGENT-X_1AGENT-X_1 Posts: 2Player
    What's going on with the weapon skins now they're not even working I set them before I go in game and when I join a match nothing shows up
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Developer
    It has to do with a bug in saving settings. Dev Kartigan is on it!
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

TheTots wrote: »
    It has to do with a bug in saving settings. Dev Kartigan is on it!

Thanks for the response , you guys do a great job !
  • SuicideDrugSuicideDrug Posts: 32Player
    Nice job on the hard work that you guys put for the patch. While I haven't noticed anything wrong with the party system, I did notice that camos don't save. You guys definitely fixed the other issue of being able to pick any camo you wanted though.
  • KartiganKartigan Posts: 61Developer
    There's already a fix in for an issue in the settings menu scrolling and saving settings/my soldier data. It will be in the next patch.

We also made some changes to the servers this morning. It should help loads with the server issues everyone has been talking about. Give it a try over the weekend and let us know.
  • xOSCx--GooNz--xOSCx--GooNz-- Posts: 15Player
    edited March 16
    Kartigan wrote: »
    There's already a fix in for an issue in the settings menu scrolling and saving settings/my soldier data.

Just want to clarify. By menu scrolling are you referring to trying to change button assignment and the issue that was happening there?