Ix-M0NTANA-xIIx-M0NTANA-xI Posts: 98Player
Annoyed anyone else?
Poll not found

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,560Beta Tester
      Don't like the internet anymore?

That's where lag comes from.
      ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    • OICURMT!OICURMT! Posts: 105Beta Tester
      "Be one with the lag"...
      --

In life, there is no respawn... why should there be in a game?
    • SHANE523SHANE523 Posts: 69Player
      When my router says I am pinging the host server at 20ms and in game it is telling me it is 60+ms, it isn't the internet.

It also has a LOT to do with the matchmaking, having groups from the East playing in West coast servers, people from the West coast, Mexico and South America playing on East coast servers.

This is just one example, I have others but THIS is part of the problem. This doesn't include the packet loss issues since 2 or so patches ago.

gYAHm5k.png

The REALLY sad part is that my friends hate Fortnite but are tired of the BS on AA so they are playing something they hate over what is going on with AA.
      We all deal with ping and packet issues. What about your following statement has anything to do with lag, or is evidence of a game problem SPECIFICALLY? (Subjectivity just doesn't count, though I would love to find the actual cause too, don't get me wrong.)
      "When my router says I am pinging the host server at 20ms and in game it is telling me it is 60+ms, it isn't the internet."

Because of the way ping is measured, NO two devices or pieces of software will report the route traffic the same way, nor does that take jitter into account.

I repeat - I want to find the cause too - but I have no idea how we can nail it down.
      ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    • SHANE523SHANE523 Posts: 69Player
      So what you are saying is that my router pinging the same server that the in game from the PS4 is pinging should have a drastic difference? Did you really think that through? Did you even look at the image where it shows a graph? So there goes the Jitter argument! I know routing tables are messed up but not that messed up and why would it be so consistent? Most likely their compensation for players with high latency.

So the image that shows people thousands of miles away connecting to the same server that people that are much closer to doesn't shed some light?

The packet loss (server meltdown) is CLEARLY their end!! There is no doubt about.

This isn't a client issue. This started after the big patch in Dec, never had this before that and none of the patches since have done anything to resolve it.
      Did I really think that through? Yep, I did, and I understand that unless you time THE SAME PING PACKET with the same software, your numbers won't match even in ideal conditions. You can't even guarantee they took the same route. It's clear you don't actually want a discussion, so I'll back out now and let you solve it.
      ______

• OICURMT!OICURMT! Posts: 105Beta Tester
      edited March 2018
      Keebler750 wrote: »
      I understand that unless you time THE SAME PING PACKET with the same software, your numbers won't match even in ideal conditions. You can't even guarantee they took the same route. It's clear you don't actually want a discussion, so I'll back out now and let you solve it.

Not to mention ICMP, TCP and UDP all behave differently. UDP is stateless (which I've argued so many times is why ping doesn't matter in gaming with respect to "LAGGING the server", as the server doesn't give a red rats.... because it doesn't ackknowledge packets at the network level...)

As for ICMP vs TCP, no way they would be the same, ever...
      --

In life, there is no respawn... why should there be in a game?
    • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 503Beta Tester
      I'm a noob when it come to networking (and an expert when it come to complaining...), but consider this: some games include some processing delays to their ping indicators. This results in higher displayed ping in-game, than the result of a simple server ping.

I have no clue, how AAPG handles this, thou...
      Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
    • mojobow28mojobow28 Posts: 3Player
      When the friends I play with experience the same lag while in game, gonna have to say NOT the client. Could be a host issue, but we can’t tell who that is