Downloading usermademaps

Dev's Is it possible to change the way umm's are downloaded if I remember right you used to be able to just download the umm that was playing on the server at the time instead of having to download them all if I am incorrect is it possible for you to change it to this.

The other day I wanted to join a server with umm's on but when I clicked to download it said 1 of 44 yes its to many to download but I carried on with it and it never downloaded them I had to restart the game so I asked others if they had had this problem and many of them said yes..

I think if you could download the umm that is on at the time you join and not have to download all maps umm servers would be more popular.

Comments

• doogle!doogle! Posts: 628Player
    Agreed, it's really a poor implementation for any server with more than a handful of UMMs. Perhaps a pop-up dialogue box is more appropriate...

[ ] Select All
    [ ] Map 1
    [ ] Map 2
    [ ] Map 3

Maybe even a filter for UMMs based on the amount of time the map is set to on that server.

[ ] Select All
    [ ] Map 19 Server Play Time: 801 hrs
    [ ] Map 20 Server Play Time: 671 hrs
    [ ] Map 21 Server Play Time: 36 hrs
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 628Player
    ^ as a Prompt each time the current map is not "owned" / subscribed to by the player.

[ ] Select All
    [ ] Current Map: Map 2 Server Play Time: 3 hrs
    [ ] Map 19 Server Play Time: 801 hrs
    [ ] Map 20 Server Play Time: 671 hrs
    [ ] Map 21 Server Play Time: 36 hrs
  • -=[GWYD]=-Noob-=[GWYD]=-Noob Posts: 51Player
    I agree it causes a lot of Errors through Steam and does a mismatch for some players. I downloaded the border to update and a player download from the server through Steam tried to join the game and got a mismatch. I like the old way where it download from the server directly which was a lot faster.
    gwyd.jpg
    gwyd.com
    "IF THERE'S A GLITCH I WILL FIND IT. "
  • }{Gorilla}{}{Gorilla}{ Posts: 657Administrator
    This is a good point since most ppl I inv to a game normally have to sit out for 20-40 min dep on how much they have to download. Because most of the time its more then 10 maps. And if you were inv your friend or battle bud to the match because it was a great old school map you both played back in the day, the chances of him or her getting in to play before the match is over is slim due to the download content needed.