map recovery from steam / all is not lost guys

={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 987Player
edited March 2018 in Mission Editor - Support
hope this helps some people .you must be subscribed to the map for it to be in your steam workshop files.
by the way i hate my voice lolol

Comments

• OICURMT!OICURMT! Posts: 105Beta Tester
    Everyone hates their own voice... save those that are seriously narcissistic.
    --

In life, there is no respawn... why should there be in a game?
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,562Beta Tester
    Thanks for this Muzza! I know a few maps I'm going to test and authors I'll notify!!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,093Player
    edited February 3
    As a note when doing this method, unless someone knows a way of doing it, all custom content will be unrecoverable and may cause issues. I've often had the editor repeatedly crash when trying to access the map's custom package and will have to copy everything from the map into a blank map then export the landscape from the original, reimport, try to line it up the way it was, redo all of the landscape painting, etc. Then finally reimport any custom meshes, textures, sounds, etc. It's why I generally try to use as much stock materials as possible even if the Devs sometimes move stuff around on us. It's also a good idea to regularly backup your custom maps somewhere in case you lose everything so you can avoid doing this to begin with.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,562Beta Tester
    :+1: yep.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.