U.S Army Official Server SYD11 DDOS.

=[O2K]=.AussieJackal=[O2K]=.AussieJackal Posts: 4Player
edited March 2 in Server Support
We are still copping DDOS attacks here in Australia more than ever. We have even set up a dedicated server with DDOS protection ($200 wasted) for our clan =[O2K]=, as well as a normal one (another $28) and they are still getting hit every day without failure.

I also noticed today Americas Army has set up some official servers here in Sydney. Well we tested one of them out this afternoon, #11 and it was hit instantly. It is still down now only 12 and 13 are still showing.
Sorry I can't get ip of #11 as it's still down.

On our dedicated ones we have seen ips from Iran, Russia, USA, New Zealand the list goes on. Is there anything the army can do to track down who is doing and put an end to it since they are now attacking official servers??
After all it is illegal what they are doing.

EDIT: Just tested theory on U.S Army Official Server SYD12GO, It is now down.

3501oae.jpg

169kjdj.png

Comments

• =[O2K]=.kinDIACT=[O2K]=.kinDIACT Posts: 15Player
    Army team please get on top of this. Your own server is getting ddossed.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Our AUS servers were in fact DDOS attacked a few days ago and we've been looking into it since. Our AWS Shield kicked in and is blocking all attempted attacks since then.

It is a very broad spectrum attack coming through a lot of different ways using steam and non-steam methods of attack.

You may want to try hosting with AWS to see if it fixes the problem for you as well.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 555Player
    3k/month for advanced protection... expensive protection. Let some delta's kicking in the door of the attacker may be cheaper. :D
    AAPG is good!
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    We don't use the advanced protection. Just the free included DDoS AWS Shield.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 555Player
    Will give it a try on our server.
    AAPG is good!
  • =[O2K]=.AussieJackal=[O2K]=.AussieJackal Posts: 4Player
    Good to know you guys are watching it. Will defiantly give them another try.
    Just tested out 11 and 13 for you this afternoon (Thursday). They let us have a little bit of a go on 13 then it got it DDOSed. Went to 11, was hit instantly.
  • =R*C=Von_Drehle=R*C=Von_Drehle Posts: 10Player
    Whatever protection you mention isn't doing anything to stop attacks. Every single asia pacific server has been relentlessly hit the last few days to the point not a single server can stay up.

Most of the time the US official Aus servers are offline now and don't even show up.
    edited March 14
    Something needs to be done to catch this person/s, & company if he using one.
    It's killing the game!
  • =R*C=TeEeJai!=R*C=TeEeJai! Posts: 26Player
    Just letting you know that all official servers are still constantly getting hit. Currently the only option for us is to play on a server with a 200+ ping. Aussie, NZ, Thai, Japan and official servers are constanly hit every single night. Come on , fix this!
    It's Friday, would love to try out the new map on the official server. However, you haven't fixed the problem yet. Still getting slammed and unplayable. How about throwing some more resources behind this rather than a new map!
    Still not fixed, still getting attacked.... But Yay a re-made map that doesn't seem to be on any of the "inner hospital only" servers.........
  • nL^Z0naGaming_nL^Z0naGaming_ Posts: 610Player
    edited April 19
    Still not fixed, still getting attacked.... But Yay a re-made map that doesn't seem to be on any of the "inner hospital only" servers.........

What makes you believe it's possible to stop DDOS attacks? Because i tell you, it's not.
    Steam - YouTube - Twitch

Prepare for change, we got aaHollywood back on the range.