Ps4 Update Poll
  1. WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE THEM TO UPDATE19 votes
    1. New Maps and Wepons
      47.37%
    2. Fix Friends Lobby System
      52.63%

Comments

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Developer
    Luckily these two things aren't mutually exclusive. Our programmers are working on the friends / party and lobby systems and our artists are working on maps and weapons!
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• MR-ROYAL-IGR1MR-ROYAL-IGR1 Posts: 13Player
    Thank God lol. We have people quiting the game over this. We wan't to play with friends not random. Lol
  • Crd86Crd86 Posts: 11Player
    Yeh unfortunately I have stopped playing until its sorted
  • xOSCx--GooNz--xOSCx--GooNz-- Posts: 15Player
    Are you guys not capable of giving a accurate timeframe? H hour worlds elite will be coming out on ps4 before you guys get lobbies on this game... Put a lot of time in this game just to be told your working on it
    Unfortunately, it's not like we're baking a cake. It's a previously unknown (to us) problem that we are having to find, fix, test, confirm the fix works, if not then we find a new fix, then re-test a fix, then re-confirm the fix, on and on until the issue is resolved. That makes is really hard to tell you an accurate timeframe. "As soon as it's done" is as accurate as you can be with unknowns. Our guys are working as hard as they can to fix it.

Look up socom confrontation lobby system. That would be a fix to the problem. If y'all had that style lobby system and able to swap teams it would be fixed.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,114Beta Tester
    Look up socom confrontation lobby system. That would be a fix to the problem. If y'all had that style lobby system and able to swap teams it would be fixed.

What do you mean "look it up?"

Do you think the devs of one game go out to dinner with the devs of another game and say, "Hey, pass me the salt, and the code module for your lobby system. Thanks."

???
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.

We're taking a different approach. You'll be able to make private group games for your friends and invite people from your PS friends list and recently played with lists.

Yea but we don't want to just play with friends. We want to play against other people/teams/random.
    If y'all just do the private lobby then the problem will still be there vs if you just give us public LOBBIES
    Is the friend lobby system broken on pc also or just ps4?
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 480Player
    edited February 25
    We, the master race, don't have lobbies on pc. We just play and team up how ever we like. It is great!
    - Make America's Army great again! -
    We need that on ps4
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,114Beta Tester
    Flatlander wrote: »
    We, the master race, don't have lobbies on pc. We just play and team up how ever we like. It is great!

I like this quote!! :D
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • razor--mattrazor--matt Posts: 1Player
    The main issue I'm having is the lag. Really tired of running out of spawn halfway through the map just to end up back in the spawn . And also trying to throw a grenade forget that it blows up in my hand killing me.
    I heard people say that it's just the people's internet. But if I reboot my modern and pd4 running wired connection with fastest speed. There is a issue with the servers. It all started when you all did last update.
  • SHANE523SHANE523 Posts: 69Player
    The main issue I'm having is the lag. Really tired of running out of spawn halfway through the map just to end up back in the spawn . And also trying to throw a grenade forget that it blows up in my hand killing me.
    I heard people say that it's just the people's internet. But if I reboot my modern and pd4 running wired connection with fastest speed. There is a issue with the servers. It all started when you all did last update.

Unfortunately that is not lag, that is packet loss. It is not people's internet, it is server side. If it were my internet for example, how can we leave that "server" get in to another and not have the same issue? This has been going on for the past couple of patches.

Back to OP about the lobbies. The system they are creating is going to fail, IMHO. Yes it would be good for clan wars but how do meet new clans/people without having a public lobby system that isn't random like it is now?

One thing that I would love to recommend to the devs is to find and contact David Sears, the original lead for Socom. Maybe contract him as a consultant. The lobby system in Socom (1-CA) was nearly perfect. You had the best of both worlds, have completely private lobbies and user created lobbies for random to join. It worked VERY well and this system was created in 2000? How is it 18 years later that someone cannot do better? Now they used Listen Servers 100% and still had less network issues than a lot of games now.
    So true many they will listen to us :-)
  • xOSCx--GooNz--xOSCx--GooNz-- Posts: 15Player
    No need to worry guys h hour worlds elite should be on ps4 this year and its set up identical to socom. And tots i wish you would elaborate on your decision to do the lobbies that way.. Speaking for my clan we cant get randoms to play more than one match against us now how are we auppose to get a invite. Why not just give option to put password on room?
  • DLD_MtBDLD_MtB Posts: 23Player
    In regards to new weapons, is the XM-17 something to expect in the future?
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 480Player
    DLD_MtB wrote: »
    In regards to new weapons, is the XM-17 something to expect in the future?

Yes. https://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/7176/plan-for-pc-ps4/p1
    - Make America's Army great again! -
  • BanaanzxcvbnmBanaanzxcvbnm Posts: 17Player
    i dont know if it has been said already but there are gonna be private matches :D