Why do we have classes in this game?

SuicideDrugSuicideDrug Posts: 32Player
edited February 2018 in PS4
At the start of a round, we are forced to choose a class however, each class has the same equipment/gadgets. None of these classes are unique. none of them has an advantage from one another. The only thing that makes classes unique are the weapons. Wouldn't it just make sense to just have 1 unified class with all the weapons to select from? Its not like this would unbalance the game.

Furthermore, I know someone will say "this prevents players from having more then 2 snipers per game"

this is true, but the current system for that is, first come, first served. Its literally, who ever picks the sniper first, gets it. So why bother have classes in the first place?

Im not against classes in the game, but why not add something to each to give one advantage over the other with its own downside. If not, should the devs just abolish the class system all together? Thoughts on this?

Comments

• Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 480Beta Tester
    First come, first served? Yes. Is this a perfect solution? By no means! However, the goal of limiting the weapons is still achieved.
    On PC, server admins have the option to make all classes available for anyone.

What kind of 'advantages' do you mean? Honestly, I like that we don't have too many crazy things going on.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • ghostthatshighghostthatshigh Posts: 50Player
    First come, first served? Yes. Is this a perfect solution? By no means! However, the goal of limiting the weapons is still achieved.

What kind of 'advantages' do you mean? Honestly, I like that we don't have too many crazy things going on.

I gotta agree with you , too much going on would be annoying in alot of ways . Like the silencer as an example . If we had that avaliable for every player or a class, you would see alot of camping , but the way it is now it's straight forward , gun fights and teamwork .

Plus it is the us army's own video game, there gonna set it up as a real squad .
  • SuicideDrugSuicideDrug Posts: 32Player

I gotta agree with you , too much going on would be annoying in alot of ways . Like the silencer as an example . If we had that avaliable for every player or a class, you would see alot of camping , but the way it is now it's straight forward , gun fights and teamwork .

Plus it is the us army's own video game, there gonna set it up as a real squad .

what silencer?
  • ghostthatshighghostthatshigh Posts: 50Player

what silencer?

Just using it as an example if one class had an advantage over another . It's better the way it is without any classes having an advantage , sorry I should been more clear lol