How was this friendly fire?

OneEyeTheHardOneEyeTheHard Posts: 46Player

I've been on either side of this wall while a grenade went off on the opposite side and never took any damage. I'm wondering how my M4A1 bullet went through the wall to hit my teammate on the other side.

Comments

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,250Developer
    That wall is penetrable and your shot lined up perfectly with a teammate on the other side.
    For you to get kicked that fast with 1 shot means this wasn't your first time shooting a buddy that map.
    The kick threshold scales so that the more you do it the faster you get kicked for it.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• OneEyeTheHardOneEyeTheHard Posts: 46Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    That wall is penetrable and your shot lined up perfectly with a teammate on the other side.
    For you to get kicked that fast with 1 shot means this wasn't your first time shooting a buddy that map.
    The kick threshold scales so that the more you do it the faster you get kicked for it.

I didnt think it was since frags havent hurt me in similar positions before. Lesson learned!

Ya it wasnt the first time I was kicked that game. I'd had a line of fire issue with a noob earlier in that match :(
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,543Player
    A bullet can penetrate a wall but a nade can't.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
    edited February 12
    -Ner0- wrote: »

For sure. I was applying real world physics to it thinking that's how it was programed. I understand the logistics of that in this game may not be feasible.

On that note, how cool would it be if we had a destructible environment (outside of glass of course)?
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,543Player

For sure. I was applying real world physics to it thinking that's how it was programed. I understand the logistics of that in this game may not be feasible.

On that note, how cool would it be if we had a destructible environment (outside of glass of course)?

I'm not sure why they did it this way, maybe because of the small maps. You can stand next to an exploding nade without getting hurt like in this video
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • SiMpLiFiEDChAoSSiMpLiFiEDChAoS Posts: 12Player

I'm not sure why they did it this way, maybe because of the small maps. You can stand next to an exploding nade without getting hurt like in this video

That's definitely silly, I could see it with anything BESIDES a frag grenade, because the entire point of a frag grenade is.. well... it fragments, a tiny pole won't protect you from thousands of metal fragments traveling high speeds and bouncing off of walls.
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 375Beta Tester
    edited February 12

That's definitely silly, I could see it with anything BESIDES a frag grenade, because the entire point of a frag grenade is.. well... it fragments, a tiny pole won't protect you from thousands of metal fragments traveling high speeds and bouncing off of walls.

Video games have a tendency to not simulate all those thousand metal fragments. :smile: If they did that, the first exploding thing would be our hardware...

I agree that some measures could be taken to improve their consistency - because I don't think tiny objects blocking it makes a lot of sense, even for gameplay. However I don't want the full power of the real life version, frags are already really powerful tools in AAPG.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
    Video games have a tendency to not simulate all those thousand metal fragments. :smile: If they did that, the first exploding thing would be our hardware...

LOL!
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 289Player
    TheTots wrote: »

Are you saying that wall is penetrable on the PS4? It certainly never has been on the PC.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 434Player
    I was thinking the same thing: that wall is not penetrable. But if you slow it down you can make the argument that he clips his teammate just as he appears through the crack of the window.
    b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png