We need your help to fix parties

TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
Hey everyone, Dev Tots here.

We are still trying to refine our party system and we need your input and experiences to help make that possible.

If you join up as a party and have any issues I want to hear about it.
  • How many people were in your party?
  • What was the ping of your members?
  • Did you join an in-progress game or start an all new game?
  • What region are you playing from (US/EU/ETC)
  • Any other details you may remember that stood out

The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

Comments

• F_ictionF_iction Posts: 4Player
    6 to 8 players
    North American players
    Almost always creates a new lobby of just players in the party and we wait for others to join in.
    Keeping the party on the same team seems to be very random. Sometimes it will be all 8 of us on the same team vs 5 randoms. Sometimes it will split the party 6 on one team and 2 on the other, even though the lobby is completely full.

5 in a party seems to be about the perfect amount for keeping every one together, but it seems to throw us into a pre-existing game quite often. Many of which end up being 5v2 or 5v3
  • Crd86Crd86 Posts: 11Player
    Party's worked perfect for us tonight first time since patch
  • SiMpLiFiEDChAoSSiMpLiFiEDChAoS Posts: 12Player
    edited February 10
    • How many people were in your party?

6 to 8 players.

• What was the ping of your members?

Varying from 40-150.

• Did you join an in-progress game or start an all new game?

90% of the time we get put in a game by ourselves, and either people join instantly or we play entire games with no one or one person on the other side, sometimes we're sitting and waiting for what seems like 20 minutes on the lobby screen while it does absolutely nothing.

• What region are you playing from (US/EU/ETC)

All party members are from North America.

• Any other details you may remember that stood out

The game still separates parties at times, had it happen a few times last night.

• BeardlessSumoBeardlessSumo Posts: 24Player
    Can't play in party of 3 or more anymore since last update. Server crashes.....
  • WatahouzWatahouz Posts: 1Player
    We have 8 players in same state can only load 4 of us even splits us up. Can never finish full map. The server lags out
  • SHANE523SHANE523 Posts: 69Player
    edited February 13
    Last night we had 4 at one point and 5 later on. Once it went to 5, we couldn't even get in to a room without losing someone and it wasn't always the same player. What I mean by losing is that they didn't even load in to the server. The lobby host would back out and they would still back out with us but they sat at the searching screen.

The 5 were in WI, MS, TN, TX and AZ.

While this is important. I REALLY believe you need to look in to the server issues that are causing the rubber band issue. It happened again 2 times last night, 1 time when we had a party of 5 and I am pretty sure the other side had a party greater than 3.
  • xXSytherXxxXSytherXx Posts: 4Player
    The problem we are having is when we put 4 to 8 players in game lags out plus when we go to start game if will not find dedicated server just goes straight to p2p server
  • Toe_Tag_Toe_Tag_ Posts: 12Player
    4 party members.
    Ping is not displayed.
    When match is found we are on separate teams.
  • uscav19D20uscav19D20 Posts: 6Player
    I experience the exact same issues F_iction describes in the post and I play between 6-8 players in party.

We are all North America
    45-80 ping

Can be on a server and all 8 play together and next map load up we get split it is very aggravating for a game that emphasizes teamwork and communication.

Some games are already in progress but most of the time we are waiting in the lobby for players to be found to play us.

Lag has been better since last PS4 Patch
  • xOSCx--GooNz--xOSCx--GooNz-- Posts: 15Player
    Can we get some sort of an update or time frame on this issue. Its been 2 weeks of a almost unplayable game
  • Bournedead88-bouBournedead88-bou Posts: 5Player
    I have been playing since 11 am this morning cst and ive been having problems getting into matches no less than 10 min to get in.please let me know what can be done to fix the problem.
  • One69shotOne69shot Posts: 4Player
    As of last night, 02/18 lag was not to bad ,lost a couple games due too freeze up and then then ability to free roam the map ,even outside play zone.Squads are good with 5 players ,thats the magic number, anything less your good also no problems except lag and always squad up but 6 , 7 , 8 , 99% of the time at least 1 teamate is on the other team and alot of the time someone is kicked 145 ,Lag is not to bad since the last patch but when it happens its very bad and usually kills the game im in BC Canada my ping is usually 30-45 avg team ping 40 -80 ive seen as high as 300 for myself and heard of pings hitting 900 . Hope this helps , BEST game out in my opinion ,keep up the good work ,Can't wait for more updates PS4 Name : One69shot SSG 111 W/L : 1.56 K/D 1.53 HooooAhh
  • KartiganKartigan Posts: 61Developer
    A 145 error occurs when you check your stats on the website while playing on PS4. We are currently testing a fix for it.

Some of the recent lag reports, especially Friday night, were from some server issues. We are constantly trying new things with the servers to improve game performance. In this case, we turned those off and are investigating the logs it gave us.

We are still seeing varying reports with regards to the party system. Any feedback anyone has to add, is much appreciated. Please see the list at the top of the post for details. Region info for everyone in your party would also be something useful to include.

If you are having any issues with match join times, please post the time you were searching and the region you are in. Without this information, we cannot cross reference the logging information from our servers to improve performance. *Note: Any region is fine, we recognize it is possible to get the game outside of the released areas.
  • ghostthatshighghostthatshigh Posts: 46Player
    edited February 21
    Kartigan wrote: »

We are still seeing varying reports with regards to the party system. Any feedback anyone has to add, is much appreciated. Please see the list at the top of the post for details. Region info for everyone in your party would also be something useful to include.
    Just a random idea that might work, socom lobby system was set up so it was us west, Canada west , us east , us central so people would generally play within there time zone or so forth. And than you'd have rooms set up by the game like c4 6vs6 or 8vs8 v.i.p with a random map rotation or amedley so it would vary missions and maps .Than you'd have all the player made rooms like clan tryouts or rooms for people to train, pistol only ect ect . To me that system would seem like it would solve a lot of issues . Than people could just meet at lets say us east room 6vs6 or something. It might fix the party issue so people could just meet at a room and set it up so there on the same team vs the public . That's how it was done on ps2 in those days lol

Could almost eliminate the whole party system ? Also somewhat solve the region issue maybe ? Hope the idea helps somewhat

Edit. Pretty much just Google socom 2 lobbys and there's tons of pictures of the set up for those who never played it .
    America's army clans and recruitment on psn community , help build a place for clans and wars!
  • My PSN is Dovahkin1-

Ever since the last update on Feb 2 ping has been bad. Not as bad when I play by myself but when I try to get friends together just forget it. When we try to join matches after joining a PSN party it takes a long time and even when we get into matches the ping is bad. My ping normally sits between 32 to 36...but in that situation it jumps to 70 to 90 an I get kicked. When we stay out of PSN party chat we get into games quicker an the ping is good at first but then after a few matces the ping goes up an kick all of us including other people in the match that arent part of our group. We also cant hear some of each other when in game. My NAT on PSN is type 2 and in game it says moderate, I thought maybe it was an issue but before the last update none of the above was happening at all. Hope this info helps.
  • SuzukiPilotSuzukiPilot Posts: 8Player
    Kartigan wrote: »
    A 145 error occurs when you check your stats on the website while playing on PS4. We are currently testing a fix for it.

Some of the recent lag reports, especially Friday night, were from some server issues. We are constantly trying new things with the servers to improve game performance. In this case, we turned those off and are investigating the logs it gave us.

If you are having any issues with match join times, please post the time you were searching and the region you are in. Without this information, we cannot cross reference the logging information from our servers to improve performance. *Note: Any region is fine, we recognize it is possible to get the game outside of the released areas.

I've been "kicked 145" like 3-4 times now and I haven't been on this website for like a month or longer. It definitely doesn't do it ("kicked 145") only when you're checking stats, there's another issue.
    I'm just passing the info by you...,...,...

As for the party system, it RARELY ever works correctly! ! ! We always get split up in game. It's like some sort of freak accident when we actually get to play together. Seriously! It doesn't matter how many people are in the party...2, 3, 4, 5, you can always bet (and win said bet) that even if you do play together for a match, you're getting split up on the following match.
    I seriously thought we were getting private lobbies???????????????????? If this is true, why continue kicking this dead horse? Leave the party system broken, work on the private lobbies and make them happen.
    Also, I don't know if you've taken the suggestion yet, or how you're going about laying out these alleged "private lobbies"...,...,...as mentioned before, the old Socom lobbies were really easy to use. We didn't need some botched up "party system" to work correctly. We could individually join any room we wanted and be able to select which side to play on.
    IMHO you guys are wasting time and resources trying to fix the existing "party system", when we were asked "What would you like to see in private lobbies". Which makes players expect to see private lobbies being worked on and/or launched soon. When I see you guys on here asking questions about the current party system so you can know where to start looking to fix it, all I see is a car doing a burnout. The wheels are spinning, but you surely aren't going anywhere...,...,...
  • RAVIN33RAVIN33 Posts: 1Player
    Game lag still in issue Us California playing with Midwest and east coast. Teams still get split even with 5 players yesterday. Thank you AAPG team
  • AFlyingDookieAFlyingDookie Posts: 7Player
    Well the game was working fine tonight for our group of seven. However, if I try to group up with certain friends we all lag out. Tomorrow I'm going to talk to the friends that I'm experiencing these problems with and see what's going on because my connection seems to disagree with a couple of my friends and no one else.
  • MN--KILLAMN--KILLA Posts: 12Player
    Can't play in party of 3 or more anymore since last update. Server crashes.....

Yup..same here. Lagging out during matches..more then one of us...since patch..3 weeks now..use to play with 8 or more players..
    .now we went to 4 or less...patch is broken