When can I join again after being jailed?

DrawnDrawn Posts: 169Player
edited February 2018 in General Discussion
Someone not caring for line of fire caught my bullets and now i am sent to jail. How long till I can join the server again? A never ending load screen when trying to join doesn't give any answers either.

Unless i join a different server and from that join the one I am kicked from it gives the message "You have been temporarily banned from this server" .
What's the wait, around 15 min?

Comments

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    15 minutes is correct.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• DrawnDrawn Posts: 169Player
    Thank you, I usually just quit and don't take note of the time.
  • Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 313Beta Tester
    Quit? You should check out all that the Devs have added in the other cells and then go join the "underground party". That 15 minutes will fly by. ;)
    556127a3323e2cfd0355aaa34b6e0b63-full.jpg
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,372Player
    When you start the game up and you have the main menu open console and type in
    open Leavenworthprison

once your in open console again and type ghost to float around then go see the underground party.
  • Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 313Beta Tester
    Delton, you forgot to mention to type in the word walk once their in the cell. Then walk over to the toilet and hit their interact key to ride the floor elevator down to the party room/
    556127a3323e2cfd0355aaa34b6e0b63-full.jpg
  • JayREAPER1775JayREAPER1775 Posts: 1Player
    Why is it that someone gets jailed after shooting a friendly because they deemed it smart to run into the line of fire? Shouldn't the developers take into consideration of some sort of system or program that can determine whether it were intentional or not? That would save a lot of bad reviews/opinions/feedback from players.
    Don't get me wrong, I love the game. However, I just find that flaw a bit, futile and could see it easily being fixed with the proper programming and time/effort.
  • }{Gorilla}{}{Gorilla}{ Posts: 629Administrator
    In real life the goal is to pay attention. It does not matter if someone jumps in front of you. However the roe setting should be set high enough that you would need to shoot a player multiple times or kill teammates at the start of the round. I believe however that if you kill a player after 1 min or 30 sec it will not send you to Lav because its not usually intentional.

I understand that this is a game however servers owners can set different roe ban numbers so that you need do so much roe to teammates till you go to Lav. However server owners also have the ability to disable this so that a player does not go to Lav for roe. The system in place is to help with policing team killing.

It should be set like this. However I do not think it is set up the same on all Official server.

Not being able to kill player on your team for 1st 30 sec.

Not being able to shoot a player on your team multiple times.

Not being able to kill members on your team one after another.

If you see a server that seems to have the roe to sensitive then please repot it here and the Devs will take a look at it. If they think it needs to be adjusted then something will be done about it.

https://www.americasarmy.com/support/server-technical
    Make sure you write down the servers IP.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,413Beta Tester
    edited November 2018
    I'm dying to hear your suggestions for how to decide if something is intentional, considering how difficult it is for our entire legal system to differentiate such things...

Is there an App for "Hey Let's Read Your Mind?"

It is the shooter's responsibility to be safe with his firearm.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 1,990Player
    edited November 2018
    I do wish that the scoreboard would show your ROE. I know it wouldn't mean a ton if servers have non-standard settings, but it would be nice to have.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    edited November 2018
    I think that having the roe scored on like AA2 would be awesome. Enough roe and you see your de-ranked. Or even being able to see what guy on the team is shooting that 1 bullet at the start of every round hitting a team mate and running off. This would be vary handy.
  • PredictionPrediction Posts: 120Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    I'm dying to hear your suggestions for how to decide if something is intentional, considering how difficult it is for our entire legal system to differentiate such things...

Do you think the devs could check the path of the bullets and time they were being shot versus the time the player character entered that path?
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 455Beta Tester
    Or ghost in the cell with the green toilet, type 'walk' in the console, and flust the toilet for thebe
    Prediction wrote: »
    Keebler750 wrote: »

Do you think the devs could check the path of the bullets and time they were being shot versus the time the player character entered that path?

Well, this would make sense, if bullets were staying in the air for long, and your teammate could actually walk into them. In AAPG this doesn't make a lot of sense, as bullets travel very fast compared to players. I mean that you have to be shooting very close to a friendly for him to have a chance to suddenly move into you line of fire.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 620Player
    Here's an example of friendly fire that's entirely the fault of my teammate:

Here's an example of a clueless teammate (and broken collision) causing a friendly fire incident:

edited November 2018
    I personally try not to pull a frag when other players are in front of me or near me unless I make it clear I am throwing or plan too. However that does not always seem to help with clueless players around you. But there will be times where there is a lag spike or collision seems off due to connections sending and receiving data.

Also bad situation that a player would jump in front of you like that. However the roe ban for public servers is in place for good reason. Yes, it does suck a lot when those situations do happen. I have had similar things happen. However, its not really the end of the world. I do not think any changes will be made about it unless the roe numbers are set higher so that you can do more dmg to a player without the fear of consequences.