AATarget - SH Only?

So I have some nice AATargets on my map, and they work perfectly when testing single player mode. But when I upload them to a server and have other play with me, the targets don't even pop up.

I have Raised unchecked, then in kismet I have them attached to an AATrigger through a toggle. So when I test it, the trigger works and the targets pop up no problem, I can shoot them and they drop correctly. Just playing on a live server they never pop up.

Any ideas what the problem is here?
PLevlex.jpg

Comments

• DELTATHUND3RDELTATHUND3R Posts: 126Moderator
    Hello matey Sorry I haven't been on forums much of late been busy....
    Instead of AAtrigger try using a trigger Volume..
    Sometimes AAtriggers can be stubborn...
    If you still have issues post images up of your trigg props and your Kismet set up..
  • CPT-A.Cantu[3rdID]CPT-A.Cantu[3rdID] Posts: 93Player
    Thanks for the reply Delta. I went on vacation and didn't have a chance to work on this again until the past few days. I tried using a trigger volume instead, works exactly the same way.

For the purpose of requesting help here, I simplified my kismet down to just two targets.

I have AATrigger_1 Used set to activate the random switch, which turns on one of the targets. In my kismet image here you can see it enables target 3 or 25. When AATarget 3 or 25 takes damage, they drop and then they output to the next step in the random switch.

sVe4qV8.jpg
    ZQUxGxB.jpg
    Ro6fZNF.jpg

Here target properties

621tJha.jpg
    dEMPddh.jpg

So again, everything works great in single player, if I test it in the editor or if I publish and then test from the manage screen, it works perfectly. Targets don't start popping up until I use the trigger, then they pop up at random and fall when shot, exactly as I'm intending. Only when playing on live server the sequence never starts.

I appreciate any help. If you want to look at my map , here it is on my workshop http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=485271116
    PLevlex.jpg
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    You may need to use 'level loaded' and 'GameStageEvents' actions in your kismet sequence.

http://archive2.forum.americasarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=17119&p=167512
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

Thanks for the input Uni-Sol. I went ahead and removed the trigger altogether and instead replaced it with a GameStageEvent, on round start I have it go into my random switch. This doesn't work at all when testing in the editor (I'm assuming because its not a real round?) and when I play on a live server it doesn't work either.

I am thinking maybe the AATargets just do not work in multiplayer?
    PLevlex.jpg
    Honestly, you should be able to do almost anything (like how elevators can work in multi-player) its just getting it all setup right. Having things working clientside or testing within the editor.. is ALWAYS more straight forward than when you throw multiple different players into the mix on a server, who can all independently influence and interact with what it is your wanting to happen.. In this case a target pop up.

Your snippet above looked good.. so you may not have needed to remove the trigger.. But rather incorporated level loaded and/or gamestage events into the sequence, I'm also not sure if each target you want to pop up and down (when shot or otherwise) would need to have its entire 'own' sequence, I'm pretty sure they would. As for the gamestage event not working in editor, your correct as far as I know, using them in testing usually don't work.. but for the game itself it should be OK to have both.

Ultimately, if its not working there is either something wrong in your kismet setup somewhere or its not playing nice and wants you to rack your brain for weeks until you happen across a winning formula :lol:

There are people here who could probably help you far better than I can, I'm by no means any sort of pro and any advice I can give is mediocre at best and very likely completely wrong, there's just too many variables and unless I'm hands on with something (its infront of me and I can do something with it), I'm going solely by brain power.. and man.. I'm getting on a bit :lol:

For example.. I spent over 3 days racking my brain and watching literally dozens of tutorials on Youtube.. just to accomplish a mini 10 second cinematic sequence that I wanted adding to the start of my shoothouse and by the time I actually did it and got it working.. I could have probably made a whole new map :lol:

I wish I knew exactly how to deal with your issue, but honestly I'm stabbing in the dark and can only offer up ideas, Is your map cooked? if not I could download it and take a closer look if you'd like?

Thanks for the input. Still racking my brain trying to figure it out! Feel free to check it out.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=485271116
    PLevlex.jpg
  • DELTATHUND3RDELTATHUND3R Posts: 126Moderator
    Again late reply...
    Sorry..Uni great reply about GSE..GSE, should have done the trick for you..I tend to use both in my kismet set ups until i have ironed out any issues..
    Give us a day or 2, just very busy atm but I will check out your Kismet.
    I had a look at it and it looks for the most part, set up right at least in regards to getting the targets to start and randomize when hitting the trigger.. So, I tinkered with getting level loaded and GamestageEvents in their too but still could not get the targets to reset (or start over after the series was completed).

Kinda what you said happened.. did happen no matter what I tried :(

Don't give up though.. I'm sure Delta will get this worked out for ya easy enough, he's a kismet genius :)

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited July 2015
    Thanks for the input Uni-Sol. I went ahead and removed the trigger altogether and instead replaced it with a GameStageEvent, on round start I have it go into my random switch. This doesn't work at all when testing in the editor (I'm assuming because its not a real round?) and when I play on a live server it doesn't work either.

I am thinking maybe the AATargets just do not work in multiplayer?

I also played around with this and couldn't get the targets to activate on a LAN server on the Round In Play game stage event. The event is happening, but the targets aren't activating. It could well be a limitation of the targets.

Via the editor or client-only, everything worked alright.
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,155Beta Tester
    There are only certain things /objectives you can activate/reactivate or disable/enable through kismet.

Take a look at csar. I have objective that is hidden, and it's only activated after 1st one is taken. and I also have it setup to reset every round.

Maybe something there that can help you guys.