Game Devolpers please Read

I am begging you. All of us are begging you please for all of our headaches. Hide the IP's for our servers! Because we constantly get ddos'd. Not just Australians, Americans, Europeans, everyone. Either hide it or shorten the IP's. Stop showing the full IP's of the servers for ddosers to get on and ddos everyone. Please help us out. We try to support this game. But we can't play if all that happens is servers crashing. Please I'm begging you please hide the IP's.

Comments

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    I'm afraid this wouldn't change anything. Even if it was hidden in the browser, someone who wanted to DDoS a server could just find the IP using Wireshark or other similar methods.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 314Beta Tester
    You can also get the IP's off of Steam. I do this all the time to stalk the Devs and the Betas. ;)
    556127a3323e2cfd0355aaa34b6e0b63-full.jpg
  • you arent getting DDOS, everyone (the majority) of AAPG server are experiencing this. this has to do with a recent update that is now affecting every server. Server is up and running and all of a sudden everyones ping skyrockets and server stalls, then come back on.

source:
    https://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/7222/servers-collapsing/p1
  • L0rdDamianL0rdDamian Posts: 690Player
    edited February 2018
    Devs: Removes IP's from server browser.
    Attacker: Find server IP on GameTracker.

If it only was that easy, and btw.. Its also not just one server.. When i see it happen it happens to multiple servers at the same time.