Hosting an own Server

Hi,

I've been attempting to setup an own AA:PG server for some days now.

The server itself is up - it's possible for others to connect to it if they use the DNS or IP directly. But the server itself won't show up in the server browser. I can't understand what I am doing wrong in order to get this up and running.

I've forwarded the following ports and verified that they are also responding (TCP/UDP)
  • 27000-27030

What am I doing wrong?

I am starting the server with the following details: aagame.exe server FLO_Bridge_EX /STEAMSERVERIP=MYIP /MULTIHOME=192.168.1.14 /NOPAUSE /NOHOMEDIR /CONFIGSUBDIR=MYCONFIGURATION /SAP=7780 /SGSP=7778 /SQP=27015
// Eagle Eye

Comments

• EagleEye{HV016}EagleEye{HV016} Posts: 9Player
    edited January 2018
    Only thing I can see that MIGHT have some relevance in the logs is the following:
    ScriptWarning: No game settings to register with the online service. Game won't be advertised AAGameVeteran FLO_Bridge_EX.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.AAGameVeteran_0 Function Engine.GameInfo:RegisterServer:02CC.

// Eagle Eye
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,571Beta Tester
    That error can be ignored. However, where did you generate that CMD line from? There's no "SteamserverIP" that I know off....
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    When you start the hosted server - you configure several parts - like Bound Server IP and Steam Bound Server IP. The command line is automatically generated using that hosting tool, and sits on the bottom of the tool. I just copied that, and execute it using a .bat file in order to not have to run it through the steam application on the server machine - as I play the game itself from a different machine.
    // Eagle Eye
    See attached screenshot for clarification.
    // Eagle Eye
    Another observation that might help clarify things, in order to be able to join the server you need to bring up the console and enter: "open IP" - if you try to use the server browser, and enter IP there you will only get a reply that "Server is full". But using the console, you are able to join and play without any problems.
    // Eagle Eye
    Actually, Keebler750 - you gave the solution without knowing it. Your comment made me think about that variable. When I set that to the same internal IP as the MULTIHOME configuration, then it actually works properly, and server shows up in the server list. So, thank you for that! :-)
    // Eagle Eye
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,571Beta Tester
    I've done extensive work with Host A Server and never seen "Steam Bound IP" ....sorry!!! I have to talk to someone or do some independent testing. Doh!

Until recently we had "Authorization Server IP" there...

Also, that Server Is Full message while joining from console is a known bug.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.