SOLVED PunktbusterB communications error, handshake fail

Mad_AceMad_Ace Posts: 5Player
edited August 2018 in Game Support
Here I am again with this problem, had the same thing 6 months ago, but then a reinstall of the game fixed it...
I have reinstalled pb, i have reinstalled the game servel times, i updated windows. ( windows 7 )
Turned of firewall and antivirus software

im out of ide´s, the problem apeard around x-mas when the update was..

any one got a solution?

BG

Comments

• {!T!}LordDamian{!T!}LordDamian Posts: 713Player
    edited January 2018
    First go to;

\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\America's Army\AAPG\Binaries

Run program pbsvc_pg as admin and perform a test, see if you are getting any errors.

You can also download this; http://evenbalance.com/pbsetup.php
    Make sure you have the punkbuster for this game updated.

Keep in mind, reinstalling the game will not fix anything for PB, unless the files in the game folder got corrupted by doing stuff to it you should not have or deleted key components for the software to run.

If none of them worked, use pbsvc_pg to uninstall it and to install it again (run as admin).
    After that use the updater to update the punkbuster for the game again.
  • Mad_AceMad_Ace Posts: 5Player
    yeah i have allready done all of that... with no luck
  • }{Gorilla}{}{Gorilla}{ Posts: 673Administrator
    edited January 2018
    Go to your firewall. Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows Defender Firewall\Allowed apps

Your pb should look like this. however I have had a problem once before where every time I logged into a game that used PB it would create 2 new short cuts to PB. 1 to A and 1 to B and I would have to manually check them in. I never found a perm fix for the issue. I built I new PC instead. :P

pb.jpg 222.9K
    yeah thats not it either sad to say
  • L.LovettL.Lovett Posts: 65Player
    uninstall Pb dont run that (run as admin) go back to steam and veriy your filse.)ther you go .you are fine Hooha

8 Year in service
    400 XP
    Unlocked Apr 17, 2015 @ 19:39
    Member since April 17, 2007.
    edited January 2018
    L.Lovett wrote: »
    uninstall Pb dont run that (run as admin) go back to steam and veriy your filse.)ther you go .you are fine Hooha

File verification is for the game itself, it has nothing to do with PunkBuster.

@OP: Can you go to Task Manager and see if PnkBstrB is running, and if it is right click it and End Task then start the game and join any server running PunkBuster. Let me know if you still get kicked.
    edited January 2018
    verification for aapg and PB when you do it then you will get up PB before you can play.PB File verification self at the game.and also i can say my PB dont runing at the Task Manager.my PB still workings

GOOD LUCK

8 Year in service
    400 XP
    edited January 2018
    L.Lovett wrote: »
    verification for aapg and PB when you do it then you will get up PB before you can play.PB File verification self at the game.and also i can say my PB dont runing at the Task Manager.my PB still workings

GOOD LUCK

Let me stop you right here, and also no hard feelings but you clearly have no idea how PunkBuster actually works like most people that are trying to be good admins. So a quick easy explanation.

Verifying game files will have no impact on PunkBuster if no malicious attempts or accidental removals have been made, all it does is checking the clients (the player) files stored on the computer and compares it to the latest version files that are stored on the steam servers. Then if one or more files are missing it downloads it, like a patch is being downloaded. It also resets the launch information back to blank, that's why steam launches the pbsvc_pg.exe.

Therefore verifying game files will only have effect on PunkBuster if a player removed or modified .dll files in the folder, removing them will cause major errors and I highly encourage to never modify those .dll files because that will result in a Global Ban from EvenBalance.

Now you told us you do not have PunkBuster running in Task Manager, I know for a fact it is. The moment you start up your computer it launches PnkBstrA if the software is installed correctly. Then the moment you start up AA: Proving Grounds PnkBstrA will connect with the servers from EvenBalance and then install/modifies and launches PnkBstrB. If everything works correctly it allows you to connect game servers running PunkBuster, if not well.. You get kicked for handshake failure.

Side note: Yes, there is a PB folder in the game but that's not where the software itself runs. PunkBuster installs the software @ \AppData\Local\PunkBuster and \Windows\SysWOW64

@OP: Forgot also to say that you need to make sure that the account you use on your computer has all the Administration rights in order to run PunkBuster properly and that under Services you have PnkBstrA running as Automatic.
    edited January 2018
    i never be kick from PB becouse i dont run from Task.and also i never have error in PB
    so ther you have littel wrong ,if you have others games yes then i can understand but not from aapg=steam you can test it self.)

so if you start whit aapg game so you mean at you most have PB in task before you install aapg lool

and also i have good screenshots from all server.)never have one black screenshots

8 Year in service
    400 XP
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,422Player
    I would like to know why my comment was deleted from here.
  • m_hermannm_hermann Posts: 615Moderator
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »
    I would like to know why my comment was deleted from here.

moved to PM
    Here I am again with this problem, had the same thing 6 months ago, but then a reinstall of the game fixed it...
    I have reinstalled pb, i have reinstalled the game servel times, i updated windows. ( windows 7 )
    Turned of firewall and antivirus software

im out of ide´s, the problem apeard around x-mas when the update was..

any one got a solution?

BG
    sry if im slow.)but what kind of antivirus you have??maybe i can find the error at that.

8 Year in service
    400 XP
    dont run any anti virus for the moment
    it was my network card drivers that caused the problem, changed the card and removed the drivers for it...works fine now
    It was an internal lcard on my motherboard G1 Sniper 2. Killer network