Any info on AAGL.eu ?

Comments

• KodenKoden Posts: 284Player
    piSSko^ wrote: »
    AAGL is taken down?

And there also was a Steam group which has now disappeared...?
    Derob6.jpg
  • -sVs.rQm^-sVs.rQm^ Posts: 73Player
    AAGL is taken down?

Yes .. more I can't say tbh ... not here to start drama :)
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 751Player
    -sVs.rQm^ wrote: »
    AAGL is taken down?

Eventually it would happen. One man doing all of that from coding, to organizing the leagues etc. Its just to much work, next time offer some help instead of creating drama.

Over 1.3k Golden Hawkeyes.
    AAGL is taken down?

Eventually it would happen. One man doing all of that from coding, to organizing the leagues etc. Its just to much work, next time offer some help instead of creating drama.

Euhmm whut? Helping ?
    Let me put one thing in line for you. You got no clue what happend that day. Yet you are still here commenting on things you don't know anything about. For the helping part I was here to help just had to ask.

For the second part.

If I want to I can instantly release a totaly new concept for AAPG in competition order.
    Its just not worth it anymore and AAGL provided me the point of view I already had. Not worth it.

Teams that sign up are strong. Teams that want to set into comp are getting stomped. Wich makes them leave again.
    So yes I have been doing my homework with a totaly new org for AAPG we waited AAGL out and let me say that I'm happy I didn't put my 2 cents on this competition scene anymore. There are not enough teams to have a decent Ladder/season.

• doogle!doogle! Posts: 678Player
    He hackusated two teams and shut it down. Several other "new" teams were upset about iG, sVs and SeVn signing up due to their fishy play, which helped fuel his own false suspicions after being beat.

His time, his money. But lots of wasted effort, energy and optimism from several people, and another nail in the coffin for AAPG in my opinion. THIS is the mentality that has killed the comp scene...teams don't like losing. The game has become a no-jump, no-crouch, Inner Hospital [TOS Violation] show. Aside from two or three "pub" servers, the general player base cannot fathom being killed by a better player.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,438Player
    Its a real shame -SD- had a team ready to play and now its gone.
    If anyone is interested I could setup a scrim website it would be simple you just go there and ask for a challenge.
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • nevex^nevex^ Posts: 22Player
    edited July 2018
    Normally, I couldn't care about this topic and an answer is unnecessary. But with a little distance, I would like to comment again.

First of all, as I wrote in a deleted topic, thanks to people who helped me and special thanks to doogle and arkeiro. I can understand the disappointment.

All the time I ask for more help and no one want to help. Nevertheless I continued every time allone. There were many moments with doubt and some topics I couldn't care enough.

After the first matches and talking with some people I understand that AAPG isn't ready for esport at the moment. There are so many things people can play unfair and there is no option to prove it. I have many examples, to many things that a fair compettition isn't possible. Things with proof... And that you can tweak your INI without consequences is the smallest evil.

Yes there are good people and yes there are very good people. Losing isn't the problem. But how to lose - with a big question mark on the head, was all fair and legal? Why many people don't want to be part because of some teams who are part in the ladder? Why is there so many mistrust? So many banns of these people on public servern?

I was at the point of doing something to bring back fair AAPG esport. There was a good plan to program an anti-cheat tool, like TWL had in the past (CDC). But this tool would have taken a lot of time. So I asked myself the question, to do it alone too. The answer you know.

In my eyes it was no wasted time. I learned and all in all, it had to be tried. I'm still thinking this game is good but ...

At the end I will say, before you judge, try it yourself and do such a project allone. I'm waiting...

So long
    nevex

@DELTON, your team was registered but not ready for a ladder. And some other people which were part in the ladder, were banned on your servers. So it is a little bit strange that you complain about. But I think you didn't the reason of closing.
    MYTLS.de | MY Tournament League Script | Open Source
  • SeVn.MaxSeVn.Max Posts: 231Player
    Go ahead! We need a serious tournament! Thank's for your job
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 751Player
    TWL was a success the first couple seasons because there were still active clans and spet created a more fair envirnonment for new teams: unexperienced clans in a separated bracket and the most experienced on another one. Sadly that cannot be done anymore since there are basically no active clans anymore.
    Nevex created an interesting ladder system by himself, but I have to agree with him. There is no way to know if somebody is actually playing fair or not in this game. Last few weeks I have seen people getting banned for wallhacking and other stupid hacks than I never though they used, players that I frequently played with.

For the people complaining about it being shut down, you have only one option, make your own.

My recommendation is not wasting your time on it since the game is dead, and its dead by a year already. However I want to thank Nevex for trying it even though its nearly impossible to make something happen in this game.

Over 1.3k Golden Hawkeyes.
    For the people complaining about it being shut down, you have only one option, make your own.

no complaints, I just wanted to take advantage of the work created, out of respect for those who spent time and money. No kind of controversy so you're relaxed
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,438Player
    edited July 2018
    I am not complaining at all we even had our second server set for it with all bans removed so we could play against any team.
    Also the ini file is hard coded so not sure what you mean when you say "And that you can edit your INI without consequences".
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • |FOX|Pitpav|FOX|Pitpav Posts: 41Player
    edited July 2018
    I`ve arleady started enjoying this ladder.
    Shame for some people for destroing this.
    Nice try nevex.

by the way I used MOSS just in case future accusations ;)

If someone will organize comp play I`m ready to help.
    Someone can explain to me what really happened? thx
    edited July 2018
    SeVn.Max wrote: »

What happend when it got closed down is the following I'm going to be objective about this as its my own clan involved in it.

We played Nevex clan GST , on springstreet and breach.
    After a decent a mount of rounds played on 1st map , A player of us got message's on steam saying he is playing wierd , and also complaining about other of my clan playing wierd. Only thing that happend is that it escalated quickly from that point on. springstreet is our best map. Then the accusations kept coming our way. Second of all Pre-fire is not a tool. Its a game mechanic used by sound. Nearly at the last round some left. Little did we know they took the loss this way and very hard.
    that's what happend in a nutshell..

Other things I want to state aswell about this game is this:
    1. The game is sound heavy and you can hear people from quite a distance with decent a headset
    2. If you create a ladder or league in this idea or format you know teams with experience come a long and will dominate other teams because of the skill level.
    3. You can't ini tweak in this game as far as I know. CVAR checks are there for that from ACI.

The first time I touched comp on this game was with SSKbart his team and let me say I got STOMPED hardcore and thought these guys where unreal but at the end of the day I knew they were just better players then me who actually knew more about the game then I did at that time. Instead of discussing things over and over again. You can't have a first ladder/season going on without having the best teams you need to play against to get them promoted to a higher division..
    So yes the skill gap was huge between both teams.
    We also see this in public play when a player knows what he is doing , he gets the ban hammer.. and there is a responder here who did the same to us and other servers that actually give the ban hammer to people who are actually very good at this game , what happens is these players lose interest in the game , in the scene and get fed up with the childish admins out there..

Sure TWL was good. even with the troubles at it. With the few people doing it.

I can deliver a league system right now full ruleset , with AC, but then I ask myself is it worth it do it for 6-8 teams overall? You tell me?
    edited July 2018
    Thanks, i understood perfectly. I'm speechless, it's an absurd story. I consider it disrespectful to suspend such a well-announced competition and continue with the usual story of years of false accusations.
    the game is spectacular, why miss the opportunity to create something fun for the 10 clans?
    rQm ,Akeiro, Pitpav ..please resume the reins of the command, you have years of experience in the field.
    edited July 2018

What happend when it got closed down is the following I'm going to be objective about this as its my own clan involved in it.

After a decent a mount of rounds played on 1st map , A player of us got message's on steam saying he is playing wierd , and also complaining about other of my clan playing wierd. Only thing that happend is that it escalated quickly from that point on. springstreet is our best map. Then the accusations kept coming our way. Second of all Pre-fire is not a tool. Its a game mechanic used by sound. Nearly at the last round some left. Little did we know they took the loss this way and very hard.

1. The game is sound heavy and you can hear people from quite a distance with decent a headset
    2. If you create a ladder or league in this idea or format you know teams with experience come a long and will dominate other teams because of the skill level.
    3. You can't ini tweak in this game as far as I know. CVAR checks are there for that from ACI.

This is your point of view and opinion.

You are right, this game is a "sound game". But that you sayed "I don't know about tweaking.", people have to trust you. There is "nothing" to prove it. It is the "Unreal Engine" and it's not only an AAPG problem. Google is your friend... CVAR checks is laughing thing, there are ways to turn off. And so on...

In my point of view, in the match many situation are very strange... strange enough to be skeptical. And as I wrote, that is the point. When you begin to thinking about "is all legal" and people who can play unfair without consequences, it is worse... There are to many things. I can tell you, we have tested situations in the match with your mates. As I wrote, losing isn't the problem but how to lose - the feeling and situations.

I'm aware, that people don't come and say "Hey, I have a nice sound tweak. I can hear people at the start. I play unfair.". Nobody will do this. All say "Hey, what do you want. I'm a good player.".

I have to disappoint you, your clan wasn't the only reason. It was my fault to see not the signs of the game situation or I feel to positiv with the league...

And that people got banned on public is also because of no certainty in this game. As I say it again, that is the point. I wish we had the chance to play against beside each other on the same PCs in a LAN tournament... In 2007 I played such a tournament in the netherlands. And this was the best AA moment I had.

Please make a league... The code or script is one part... do it and you will see what topics are also present. Good luck.

AAGL was my try to bring back competition and I think it is my right to stop it. There was no real team and to many unsolved topics. I understand the disappointment and if some one will start a new project I'm ready to give him/her my experience.
    -GsT-nevex wrote: »

This is your point of view and opinion.

You are right, this game is a "sound game". But that you sayed "I don't know about tweaking.", people have to trust you. There is "nothing" to prove it. It is the "Unreal Engine" and it's not only an AAPG problem. Google is your friend... CVAR checks is laughing thing, there are ways to turn off. And so on...

In my point of view, in the match many situation are very strange... strange enough to be skeptical. And as I wrote, that is the point. When you begin to thinking about "is all legal" and people who can play unfair without consequences, it is worse... There are to many things. I can tell you, we have tested situations in the match with your mates. As I wrote, losing isn't the problem but how to lose - the feeling and situations.

Look I'm not here to state anything. Let me tell you that we are clean 100% on every aspect of the game. Ini's , ingame , sound whatever you can think off. I do think you don't know or feel what it is to play against teams who competeted at TWL for seasons it was active. and thats not pointing fingers or anything..
    I started the game 1h30min before the match to get used to the guns and flow of the game. I'm playing fornite more then AAPG in past 4-6 months. tbh I hope it wasn't because of us you stopped the league cause that would actually be dissapointing for me my team as we want to have competiton on the game.
    and CVARS aren't actually a joke.. Tons of people get banned by just CVARS on ACI so ..

and here by I leave it at no point in making drama man .. You made your call . We as a community didn't wanted to see it happen but it did..
    edited July 2018
    I think it is no drama, a normal discussion (from my site). Whether it benefits or changes something, probably not. There are just two different opinions here. I can only tell you again, everyone can say anything and no one will admit unfair things. If you are more intensively involved with such things, you will unfortunately find things that just don't make fun anymore.

You are right, I didn't played in TWL in this AA version. But some mates had played and I played TWL on AAO/AASF (version 1-2.8) on a very high level. That you imply I would have no idea that's not true. Sorry that I am repeating myself, but the biggest difference was there was a good anti-cheat program, people analyze it. It certainly didn't find everything, but it made everyone feel better.

It is sad to see or hear, there are cheats you pay for monthly and PB can't do nothing. I have underestimated how big is this scene and what is possible. That pulls you down in such a project.

You can now claim that I would see everything bad. But it is only of the view when you have the idea to bring back clean competition.

So long
    nevex

-GsT-nevex wrote: »
    I think it is no drama, a normal discussion (from my site). Whether it benefits or changes something, probably not. There are just two different opinions here. I can only tell you again, everyone can say anything and no one will admit unfair things. If you are more intensively involved with such things, you will unfortunately find things that just don't make fun anymore.

You are right, I didn't played in TWL in this AA version. But some mates had played and I played TWL on AAO/AASF (version 1-2.8) on a very high level. That you imply I would have no idea that's not true. Sorry that I am repeating myself, but the biggest difference was there was a good anti-cheat program, people analyze it. It certainly didn't find everything, but it made everyone feel better.

It is sad to see or hear, there are cheats you pay for monthly and PB can't do nothing. I have underestimated how big is this scene and what is possible. That pulls you down in such a project.

You can now claim that I would see everything bad. But it is only of the view when you have the idea to bring back clean competition.

So long
    nevex
    Good that you say you playhed high competition on a AA 1-2.8 wich are actually HARDCORE DIFFERENT from AAPG so the comparison you made here is actually 100% unvalid ..

About the paying for cheats part. You are actually accusion half of the comp community with those words.. So every player that is better then you has cheats ? wake up my man... you played high competitve gaming? Then out of all the people out there you should now there are teams better or players better then yourself.. Only one way to beat them.. Get back in the training room adept and use the learning curve to your advantage... but yeah... I see you are actually not even close to get to reason with .. So with that said. I'm very dissapointed in your reactions towards my team and the offense you actually are giving to other teams that play competive on the game.

So why did TWL use MOSS ? because it did the job perfectly ..
    Why did TWL let the files be reviewd by ACI itself?
    I'm actually done talking with a guy that sees only the negative side of things.. Instead of running away from better teams . get in the training room and get better , suprise others not run away .. but yeah people always seem to take the easy way out.. good I'm not one of them

have fun .
    edited July 2018
    Okay, now it is drama. How did I know that you were leaving comments like this? I should have take a bet. Apparently, something must be right when you become personal. And you seem to understand only what you like and wants to believe. You didn't read my words exactly... Say what you want. I'm out now, my hero. Because of guys like you, the comp scene is dead. Whether you like it or not.