A whole lot of lagging!

pelletiercyrillepelletiercyrille Posts: 9Player
U.S army your game is freaking amazing its addictive and fun but there is alot of issues with this game, 1 the aim for this game very late shooting 2 when i get close to my teamates it lags and 3 when I pick a gun when the round is starting its so slow, so please please fix it and ill be so happy if there will be a update and new maps and guns for americas army.

Comments

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,278Player
    This is probably because you are from the Philippines playing on US servers.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• Is it really because im in the philippines
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,077Moderator
    Is it really because im in the philippines
    Well, it wont help, 13662km isnt exactly "next door"
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • MewtwoMewtwo Posts: 308Player
    if you are philippines and have lag look at the pinger in the server first.)i never go to server who have 168-200 becouse the server are far from me.you should look at server who have 50-150 then the server are close to you.good luck.
  • So what you guys are trying say my ping should be at least 50-150 and its better to play in the USA because better servers?
  • And my pinger is above 300 is that bad
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Player
    It's not about 'better' servers. It's about the amount of hardware and wire your signal has to go through to get there! 300ms ping is very high. Most players consider that unplayable.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • so I should just leave it alone,so the reason why im having this problem because of my hardware and i should leave it alone is that what your saying?
    Get a program called Ping Plotter and also do some research on network traffic. You can use the program to see where the problem is. It could be your internet service, or some 'hop' in between you and the game servers.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • i dont play it on the laptop i play it on the ps4
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,077Moderator
    so I should just leave it alone,so the reason why im having this problem because of my hardware and i should leave it alone is that what your saying?
    Its not your hardware, its the physical distance between you and the server and if you dont plan on moving to the US its nothing you can do.

ss_4_frankof.png
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    Bending spacetime with a wormhole may help to lower the distance.
    AAPG is good!
    i dont play it on the laptop i play it on the ps4

You can use the tool I mentioned on your laptop to check your network though. The PS4 uses the same network. Like others have said though, it's mostly distance.
    ______

• EaZy-YoU-rAgEEaZy-YoU-rAgE Posts: 21Player
    Yes the best way to go is wired, wifi is unreliable in first person shooting games
  • SHANE523SHANE523 Posts: 69Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    This is probably because you are from the Philippines playing on US servers.

You can make a comment like this but shrug off the latency people from EU and SA bring when it comes to actual game play.

I am curious, our your servers VM's? Where are your servers hosted (East coast, Midwest, West coast)? Why not spin up a VM in each host location for these users so it doesn't affect the US players?
    So EU players can have a VM on the East coast, Brazil could have a VM in the south (probably have a host in Texas or FLA), Philipines/Japan or where ever could have one in the West coast.
  • [Dev]Rawrster[Dev]Rawrster Posts: 329Developer
    We have servers all across the US and our matchmaking systems focus on getting players in to matches with the best ping possible.
  • SHANE523SHANE523 Posts: 69Player
    We have servers all across the US and our matchmaking systems focus on getting players in to matches with the best ping possible.

Thank you!

Do you use listen servers at all, currently?
    If so, how do you choose host?
  • [Dev]Rawrster[Dev]Rawrster Posts: 329Developer
    Only if all dedicated servers are full or a player can't find a dedicated server within a good ping range. A player will host a p2p server if they cannot find a good dedicated server and they cannot find a good p2p server that is already running.
  • Xx_Psycho_1Xx_Psycho_1 Posts: 1Player
    edited January 2018
    My ping has been between 50-60 and im still getting lag and im on a us server
    Are you talking about video stutter or network warping and lag? They are not the same. If your screen freezes, that's video. If you sudden appear with a slightly different view or location, that's network.
    ______