Plan for PC & PS4

Comments

• ddra-ddra- Posts: 453Player
    Didn't I suggest the use of Trello for a roadmap some months ago? ;)

Great to see some transparency. Although, wouldn't a push for Unreal Engine 4 make most sense at this point?
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • WOOOOTTTT love it, it'd be nice to get something like an m203 variant for the m16 or maybe an AT4 for the US side and leave the RPG to OF only
  • Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 319Beta Tester
    The problem is that as it stands, you need a similar weapon for the US force. Remember, no matter which side you pick you’ll always play as a US soldier. The way they did it in AA1 was that each Fire Team had Indigenous Forces who used AK’s and RPG’s.
    So, maybe future updates will include local freedom fighters. Or perhaps new/remake maps might include weapons caches where you can pick up an OPFOR RPG.
    556127a3323e2cfd0355aaa34b6e0b63-full.jpg
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 637Player
    Good point Duke. I mean, look at the Syria situation...a map or two could depict that conflict? Maybe an Africa one as well? Then maybe a map or two teamed up with a more advanced partner...what weapons do South Korea use? :)
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,530Beta Tester
    What?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    He was talking about the weapons. AA2 was creative in getting more weapons in the game by adding the Indigenous Force classes. We team up all over the globe with other organizations and nations, why not depict them in game as a way to add content? New Maps, new character models, new weapons
  • SeVn.MaxSeVn.Max Posts: 229Player
    Add 3 contractors in a team, to have different weapons ;)
    SeVn.Max wrote: »
    Add 3 contractors in a team, to have different weapons ;)

massive beards, cargo khaki pants. Inappropriate slurs when press 'H'
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,530Beta Tester
    Hah! Gotcha... :)
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • RollingInTheHurtRollingInTheHurt Posts: 180Player
    Why not have cross platform gameplay? It's already baked into the game engine already.
    Let the console n00bs have their auto aim assist so they dont cry like little babies at the hands of the superior PC master race.
    It's a Win for PC gamers as it will populate the dying game, Win for Console players as they now get to use dedicated servers along clan servers.
    35d2uec.png
  • tigerlilytigerlily Posts: 8Player
    Thanks AA!
    Having access to the Trello board is awesome.

My only concern is player "calling cards" upon death. I feel this element places AA:PG play into something more like COD play, that will encourage the emphasis on kills and not team work.
    What I enjoy about AA:PG is its not like COD.
    - tigerlily -
    coldfurnace.com
    tigerlily wrote: »
    Thanks AA!
    Having access to the Trello board is awesome.

My only concern is player "calling cards" upon death. I feel this element places AA:PG play into something more like COD play, that will encourage the emphasis on kills and not team work.
    What I enjoy about AA:PG is its not like COD.

I must admit that I'm very surprised to see this as well. But this may open up the door to some other non-traditional AA stuff....like upload custom clan patch instead of those generic ones
  • THAILANDdaddyTHAILANDdaddy Posts: 12Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    We are excited to do something new and share with you our internal development plan for the current fiscal year. For reference, the 2018 fiscal year started on October 1 2017. This is our list of what we have planned out for the whole year. If things get done sooner than expected this list could expand.

Unless otherwise noted these are for both PC and PS4, and are in no particular order of release.

Follow along with our Trello board where we will update all of these with information and screenshots as they develop! AA:PG TRELLO

New Weapons
    • All new M17
    • MP7
    • Scar-H
    • RPG

Maps
    • Downtown Remake
    • Insurgent Camp (PS4)
    • More training maps converted

Progression Awards and Customization
    • Custom Unit Patches
    • Calling Cards

Private Matches (PS4)
    • Create your own match
    • Define custom settings
    • Match 'owner' may invite/kick players

And more
    • Enhanced server migration experience (PS4)
    • PS4 Pro Support
    • Force class
    • Linux Servers

Can't wait for the updates!
  • JoeDogsJoeDogs Posts: 2Player
    edited January 2018
    Know what, it's a free game and cost nothing. Free weapons, free maps. So shut your mouth and go play another game. MAN KIDS!!
    JoeDogs wrote: »
    Know what, it's a free game and cost nothing. Free weapons, free maps. So shut your mouth and go play another game. MAN KIDS!!

People are not bashing the game. Everyone has an opinion and we make good use of this forum to express it. I see you are new to the AA franchise. Some of us have been playing for 10+ years and are invested in the direction of the product. Stick around long enough and you'll develop an opinion as well.

• .stryker.stryker Posts: 13Player
    Not to rush or anything, but how long before the linux server files are available?
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    There is still at least one crash we're working on. Once we're sure they're stable we will release them.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• .stryker.stryker Posts: 13Player
    Awesome, thanks.
  • ghostthatshighghostthatshigh Posts: 50Player
    Im curious to see how this rpg plays out lpl I can just see the whole team getting killed by a friendly rpg
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 617Player
    Backblast trolling :D
    AAPG is good!