Reload bug: A montage

OneEyeTheHardOneEyeTheHard Posts: 63Player

I haven't heard many people talking about the reload bug, so maybe I'm the only one noticing it or experiencing it. I started saving clips of the reload bug in action 10 days ago in an attempt to draw attention to this VERY annoying bug. Frankly I'm sick of dying from it.

As you watch the video, watch what happens to my bullet count after I reload.

Comments

• -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,422Player
    It is annoying >:) Not sure if the one shot is a bug or its my mouse but sometimes I shoot and its like single fire I have a full clip and its on auto but still only get one shot I have to click the mouse twice but against good players its too late I am dead...
  • Bear_82Bear_82 Posts: 358Moderator
    it's an interrupted reload; the client sees that you've removed the mag, but it didn't update a new one being inserted (notice as the bullet count is 1, in the chamber, the mag count goes from 4 to 5)

what needs to be determined is whether you started to take some other action before the reload completed, or there was a desync between your client & the server
    The right of the people to keep and arm bears shall not be infringed.
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 503Beta Tester
    This is a really nice video in its own way... I think the one at 0:45 might have been you picking up the flag (the final bit of the sound is missing as well, unlike the rest of the video), but the others seem to be the real problem.

I'm not playing much recently due to IRL stuff, but I used to play a lot on PC. It happens, but very rarely. Question is: is this problem amplified on the PS4, it is your internet connection, or you played so much, that it happened this many times?

How many hours did you play (very roughly) to put this montage together?
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • OneEyeTheHardOneEyeTheHard Posts: 63Player
    edited January 2018
    This is a really nice video in its own way... I think the one at 0:45 might have been you picking up the flag (the final bit of the sound is missing as well, unlike the rest of the video), but the others seem to be the real problem.

I'm not playing much recently due to IRL stuff, but I used to play a lot on PC. It happens, but very rarely. Question is: is this problem amplified on the PS4, it is your internet connection, or you played so much, that it happened this many times?

How many hours did you play (very roughly) to put this montage together?
    Well I started 10 days ago. 1.5 hours a day but I didn't play at all on xmas or the day before. 8 days playing then. Rough estimate
    Two more of them this morning, both resulting in my death. REALLY wish this crap would get fixed
  • weakness_aaweakness_aa Posts: 143Player
    If you watch the video closely it reveals that he reloads his weapon 9 times in the video. In EVERY single case when he heals himself then reloads, it returns a bullet count of 1 in the magazine. That leaves 3 reloads that didn't follow a heal in the video but in one case I heard "All Patched Up" before the reload resulted in a bullet count of 1 in the magazine . One reload occurred during a flash that had a similar result. That leaves one reload out of 9 with no precursor to a failure. Based on what I've seen in the video, after healing myself or someone else I'd look at the bullet count in the magazine.
    If you watch the video closely it reveals that he reloads his weapon 9 times in the video. In EVERY single case when he heals himself then reloads, it returns a bullet count of 1 in the magazine. That leaves 3 reloads that didn't follow a heal in the video but in one case I heard "All Patched Up" before the reload resulted in a bullet count of 1 in the magazine . One reload occurred during a flash that had a similar result. That leaves one reload out of 9 with no precursor to a failure. Based on what I've seen in the video, after healing myself or someone else I'd look at the bullet count in the magazine.

Wow. Good catch dude! I will start watching for it.
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 503Beta Tester

Yes, I noticed this trend too. But I have a feeling that the healing is not an important factor. Of course, I can be wrong - wouldn't be the first time - and I still keep an eye on this trend, but I don't think it would be the key.

Most of the time you reload after healing. This video shows a lot of situations after close range gunfights. Most of the time you take some damage at close range and it makes sense to heal, then reload. So I think we see the bug happening after healing, because most reloads happen after healing in general.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • weakness_aaweakness_aa Posts: 143Player

Yes, I noticed this trend too. But I have a feeling that the healing is not an important factor. Of course, I can be wrong - wouldn't be the first time - and I still keep an eye on this trend, but I don't think it would be the key.

Most of the time you reload after healing. This video shows a lot of situations after close range gunfights. Most of the time you take some damage at close range and it makes sense to heal, then reload. So I think we see the bug happening after healing, because most reloads happen after healing in general.

Best Way to test that theory is to go off in a corner somewhere with some beta testers, fire your weapon at one another simulating a fight but don't shoot anyone and do not empty the magazine. Reload the gun. Check Reloaded magazine count. That should take healing out of the mix.
  • KartiganKartigan Posts: 84Developer
    We've identified a possible cause for the reload bug. A fix for it will be in the next patch.

Thank you for all the feedback and the video. It showcased looking into the reload sequence, and with some theory crafting we found a scenario where what you are seeing could occur. We were never able to recreate it here, but believe it was possible. Let us know if we managed to get it in the next patch!

-Cheers
    Kartigan wrote: »
    We've identified a possible cause for the reload bug. A fix for it will be in the next patch.

Thank you for all the feedback and the video. It showcased looking into the reload sequence, and with some theory crafting we found a scenario where what you are seeing could occur. We were never able to recreate it here, but believe it was possible. Let us know if we managed to get it in the next patch!

-Cheers

Woohoo! I'm playing a lot today on my day off and haven't had it once! Hopefully problem solved
  • SharpShot49SharpShot49 Posts: 6Player
    Glad I haven't been experiencing it again lately! Although, I had thought you fixed it a while back because the last time this occurred to me was a few weeks ago.

Anyways, good to know this will probably be fixed in the next patch!
    edited January 2018
    What about being able to constantly reload and switch between two different magazine counts?

I assumed it was part of the same bug so I deleted the video for it
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    If you fired some rounds out of a magazine, it's going to have fewer rounds in it.

Fire a few rounds, reload, that magazine gets kept. Otherwise you'd be throwing those rounds on the ground. The magazines don't automatically refill when going into your inventory.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

Okay! Thank you for the clarification. I was wondering about the whole ammo count thing for a while now. I realized that was the case, but wanted to make sure.
    I wanted to stop in and say I captured two more instances of this happening yesterday. Based on the timing of the dev post saying a fox would be in the next patch I didn't know of that meant the last patch we had or one still to come. Anyway it appears to be still happening