Comp Mode (we need your input again)

123457»

Comments

• Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    Cross air disable !!!!

Ahh cross-hair is important for 3D space and is used a lot at higher level play..

All I use is Cross-hair and activity feed everything else off makes for a beautiful, immersive and challenging game.

Should definitely be COMP setting cause the whole thing is you... with a HUD like that.. eyes, ears & mind... hooagh. ARMY STRONG.

ohh and the occasional MAP TAP.... now that is also a skill very hard to master the quick read.

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

• ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,116Player
    Disabling crosshair is a waste of time. Many monitors these days have a way to add a crosshair anyway. I still don't see the point of disabling it on the M14 and M24.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited November 2015
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    Disabling crosshair is a waste of time. Many monitors these days have a way to add a crosshair anyway. I still don't see the point of disabling it on the M14 and M24.

Was a smart move to disable it for m14/m24 regardless of monitor capabilities because that is the way to go on snipers. With these monitor crosshairs they stay on well zoomed in so they can be annoying. I sure wouldn't use it on a sniper rifle. Also atleast on the asus 144hz 1ms the crosshair seems a little off vs the actual in game crosshair.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• -=DA=-GUNNZZY-=DA=-GUNNZZY Posts: 18Player
    FunPolice wrote: »
    We started with Hardcore mode, then we recently tried to revise it into a "Classic Mode".

We've decided to go with a full "Comp Mode" instead. We used rules from the ESL ruleset, and server settings.

We are also adding in a few admin commands like the ability to throw out a round, pause match, and turn off auto-balance / set teams. (This list subject to change / shrink / expand)

Now is the time to give us your final input on this mode before it gets locked in for release.

Here are the settings we have now:

16 Rounds

180 seconds round timer

Full friendly fire

No ROE

No Revive

No Spot

In regards to weapons/roles:

Only 2 fogs allowed (smokes have been fully removed)

Riflemen : 5

AR: 1

DM: 1

Sniper: 1

***** DM / SNIPER only able to be selected on the maps that support them

we are down either way,settings can be tweaked to fit the needs of others as we move forward with this,nothing will be perfect,lets play it and see how it does i think this will make things more atractive in a whole to many comp teams and players.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Re visiting this mode.. Comp mode..why do we have to settle with nothing more than a simple rule changes? . you're developers.. it's just code.. why can't comp mode be just that.. a True Comp mode where all those features we dislike are disabled?

Since we won't see any changes for public play at least support your comp players.. you know the ones that actually play the game..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 579Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    Re visiting this mode.. Comp mode..why do we have to settle with nothing more than a simple rule changes? . you're developers.. it's just code.. why can't comp mode be just that.. a True Comp mode where all those features we dislike are disabled?

Since we won't see any changes for public play at least support your comp players.. you know the ones that actually play the game..

You, no doubt, are a far more better player than me, so I dont have a right to argue. But, it would be wrong to say you know the ones that actually play the game. A lot of pub enjoy it. And its not just code. Disabling things should be changed from map(what wolverine is doing) . Creating code for such settings from server side does not magically appear.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    A simple setting that switches to Comp Mode instead of Default mode giving you all the competition default server side settings would be a really good feature.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    edited January 2016
    Phushi, yes there are many pub players that play.. but atm this game is trying to attract new players through feature we do not agree on... so by that statement I simply meant for the dev team to give some time to those already playing not those who aren't. . It's obvious were not going to win this battle asking for feature x and y to be changed.. 100% of the comp community will accept that with the right Como Mode.

And no I don't know how it's all done.. wolverine is helping but he doesn't have the control to everything we need changed.. we need more Dev help!.

3 yrs have been dedicated, mostly to pub.. I know they're in the middle of bug fixes and Vip mode.. so when is it Comp Mode time?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • =IK=SgtBadazz=IK=SgtBadazz Posts: 160Player
    Coming soon AA3 style....
  • iNv|roKis-iNv|roKis- Posts: 420Player
    This just came through my forums and I got bulelt points thanks to doba.
    #1. Disable Supported (Very important)
    #2. Disable Sliding (Very important)
    #3. (Very important) Disable Nade suppression as well as gun suppression (Nade suppression is most important)
    #4. Ambient noise (Very important:Get rid of helicopter's/airplanes in background as well as random gun fire background noise, Leave wind/nature noises at 100%. This is the route to go IMO. (If your going to disable ambient noise completely. You are going to have to tweak the sound way too much *Footstep distance would need to be lowered, tactical volume would need to be lowered, prone volume would need to be lowered, etc..) So rather than waste time with all that remove the unnecessary stuff in the ambient like gunfire, airplanes, helicopters, etc *Those are things that when they are going on you cant hear footsteps at all.) *Also when shooting your gun you can't hear footsteps I understand this concept but I don't like it for competitive play.
    #5. Ability to disable certain guns/sights. Example no m14 allowed, no m16 acog (For the m16 acog if it wasn't for the ability to use single fire on m16 acog it would not be OP and would be ok/allowed IMO *For burst fire only on m16 acog)
    EDIT: An idea I just came up with is removing ability to use single fire on all weapons. (M4 and M16)
    #6. Completely remove accuracy cone at distances of 5m or less. (Lower the cone on distance further than 5m, or just lower the cone overall and keep the cone the same size at all distances. Also if possible make the cone/recoil so its not so random. Where a missed shot sometimes equal a hit or a shot right on target equals a hit. My biggest issue is because it is random you can hipfire on guys head(@close ranger) and get a kill and than other times hipfire on guys head and not get a kill this is fine at greater distances but in up close firefights this not good!

#7. Remove aimpunch or make aimpunch the same every time (To eliminate occurrence of your aim sometimes going to the ground(OP IMO) also add aimpunch for when you get flashed. This way a player who gets flashed cannot just go off sound and start shooting they would have to guess where to aim in order to get a flash kill successfully instead of currently just start shooting and your aim will be where it was when you were flashed.)
    #8. Update demorec so it is an instant replay feature like madden nfl, nba 2k series, etc. (Pause, slow motion, fast forward as well as ability to back in slow motion or fast. Also make it so you see exactly what gun the person you are spectating is using, Not depending on which team is which you see an m4 for AK105 or an m4 for AK105.
    #9. Remove sprinting and reloading, as well as automatic reloading. (If you get to 0 bullets the game should not automatically start reloading for you) Sprinting should cancel your reload)
    #10. Ability to switch sides every round for OT (Overtime) win by 2. Ability to pause a match and put it in a warmup state to stop the server from keeping score, So you don't have to restart the server and keep score if someone loses connection and a team needs a dead round.

EXTRAS:
    *Remove red dot showing up in minimap/radar when enemy shoots their gun.
    *Clean up training maps so there is not so many spammable windows/walls example: Breach.
    *Clean up maps like lockdown so there is not so many open windows. Makes the map really easy as well as spam nades very easy. Any map with to many windows is a bad idea. If lockdown had some solid buildings with fewer windows and no nades for example the map would be much better. Or if certain buildings were made taller and had much fewer windows to only allow nades in certain spots and not anywhere on the map than the map would be much better. (There is a lot of maps currently that don't play well that can be fixed to play well...look @ CrossFireComp for example. (CrossFireComp has made crossfire so much more balanced and fun to play.) Also I have ideas for C4 versions of maps example: Breach_C4 I am working with wolverine on this one now and will see what people think when I am done. If it is successful I can continue converting other official maps to support a C4 mode as well as an extract version.
    *Remove bushes where a character can be invisible in areas of some maps. Put grass instead

SIDENOTES:
    *Ability to pick any weapon in warmup mode.
    *Respawn delay of 3-5 seconds in warmup mode
    *Remove ability to have unlimited nades and flashes.

Sorry but ,
    *Remove red dot showing up in minimap/radar when enemy shoots their gun.

Needs to stay.

The part in BOLD....

Maybe bring back no cone? Or at least make the bullets predictable. RNG is a joke. I never seen so much sway in my life, the gun behaves differently every time I shoot, sprint, crouch, get shot at. We need consistency, not luck.

Sorry to revive this topic, but it will be discussed on the next pod cast.
    Bhop is a string of jumps with no interruptions.