Steam Backup/Restore issue

Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 332Beta Tester
I have updated AAPG on my laptop. I now wish to update my gaming system without doing the 2.8 GB download online. In the past I’ve used Steam’s Backup/Restore function to transfer the latest version from one system to the other.
However, this time it’s not working. I get all the way to verify the path to the backup file folder but, when I hit “next” the dialogue box disappears. I’ve tried this numerous times now and have had some friends try it too. One failed like me the other had no problem.
Anyone have any idea what to do????
product-image-230368610_300x300.jpg

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,606Beta Tester
    I tried re-installing Steam and that didn't work.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 332Beta Tester
    I gave up hope on a fix for this problem. So, I tore down my gaming system, packed it up and drove the 44 kilometers to my daughter’s home. I set up my system, downloaded the AAPG update and verified that everything was working. Then tore it down, packed it up and drove the 44 kilometers back home where I set it all back up again.
    Sure would be nice if things worked like they used to so people like myself, (who do not have access to unlimited high speed) would be able to update and play like those living in well serviced areas!
    product-image-230368610_300x300.jpg
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,606Beta Tester
    I wish I could have helped. You should move to the remote mountains where there's good internet!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.