Update 1.18

TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
Just in time for vacation, we have a new map and performance improvements for everyone! More work has been done on parties, so make sure you invite your friends and test the system!

New Map
Siege map updated and touched up with new art and assets. The new map is entitled “Hydra” and is an Extract map.
Hydra-300x169.jpg
More maps will be updated in the coming year.

Bug Fixes
  • HUD optimizations should provide a small performance upgrade
  • Removed unintended roof access spot on Sandstorm
  • Fix for the M9’s magazine showing an incorrect skin during a reload
  • Better visual blending on the M4 and M16 iron sights when sighting up
  • Fixed a means where players could sprint and cook a grenade simultaneously
  • Fixed an area on Sandstorm where players could reach unintended play space
  • Improved balancing algorithm when adding players and parties to an existing game
  • Fix for players becoming stuck in global chat under some circumstances
  • Fixed issue on Homestead where some objects would visibly cull out
  • Improved framerate stability and reduced input latency in some cases
The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

Comments

• OlimatgamingOlimatgaming Posts: 19Player
    Awesome news. Thank you and your team. I'm currently downloading the update.
  • OneEyeTheHardOneEyeTheHard Posts: 63Player
    Love it! Looking forward to trying out the new map before work tomorrow. I just wanted to remind you guys about the reload bug. It'd been around for quite a while now and it has been getting me killed.
  • SHANE523SHANE523 Posts: 69Player
    Ok now I have to come up with an excuse to leave the office early.......you bastards!!! :awesome:
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    I can write you a note if you need it.

• McGruppertonMcGrupperton Posts: 20Player
    What a pleasant surprise to come home from work to. Tis playtime.

Thanks!
  • xOSCx--GooNz--xOSCx--GooNz-- Posts: 15Player
    Thanks for the update. Any chance we can get a ballpark estimate on when private servers will release? And hopefully with option to turn off aim assist
  • EaZy-YoU-rAgEEaZy-YoU-rAgE Posts: 21Player
    Ive played for a few hours mostly staying in one lobby yet havent seen the map in any rotation. It shows up in training however
  • LetumOmnisLetumOmnis Posts: 12Player
    I've also played a few hours todays without seeing the new map come up in any lobby. Is it implemented in-game or only training?
  • Crd86Crd86 Posts: 11Player
    Its there the option to vote it comes up after you play redline so if you want to play it vote redline then it, its a very small map and if your not with your squad you will get run over very quick
  • KirruKirru Posts: 49Player
    edited December 2017
    TheTots, is this map limited to 6v6 only? Why would you do that? That literally makes no sense and is probably the reason that no one is seeing it or able to play it during a full 8v8 room
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,065Moderator
    Its 8vs8, its a ps4 update (1.18)
    ss_4_frankof.png
    Kirru wrote: »
    TheTots, is this map limited to 6v6 only? Why would you do that? That literally makes no sense and is probably the reason that no one is seeing it or able to play it during a full 8v8 room

It shouldn't be, but there's a chance that got messed up. I will check.

• KirruKirru Posts: 49Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    Kirru wrote: »

It shouldn't be, but there's a chance that got messed up. I will check.

Please do, I played in about 5 matches, back to back, and at most we had 10 people. And the server was active in dropping in New people when others left.

Also, with the group I was playing with, they were having issues getting 8 in to a map.
    The party system still is not functional as well, and sides are uneven most of the time.

Lastly, my update notes say 1.19, is that correct?
  • SuzukiPilotSuzukiPilot Posts: 8Player
    It would be nice if we could play the new map...,...,...We'll wait. Oh, that's right...
  • OneEyeTheHardOneEyeTheHard Posts: 63Player
    Yeah I played 2 hours this morning and it didn't pop up once in the rotation. At one point it looked like I was about to join a game in progress on the map but it timed me out
  • [Dev]Rawrster[Dev]Rawrster Posts: 329Developer
    It is set for 8v8 for PS4. It is 6v6 on PC. It is the first map in the rotation list. It should be a voting option after Crossfire and Red Line.
  • razor_matt_razor_matt_ Posts: 9Player
    Just in time for vacation, we have a new map and performance improvements for everyone! More work has been done on parties, so make sure you invite your friends and test the system!

New Map
    Siege map updated and touched up with new art and assets. The new map is entitled “Hydra” and is an Extract map.
    Hydra-300x169.jpg
    More maps will be updated in the coming year.

Bug Fixes
    • HUD optimizations should provide a small performance upgrade
    • Removed unintended roof access spot on Sandstorm
    • Fix for the M9’s magazine showing an incorrect skin during a reload
    • Better visual blending on the M4 and M16 iron sights when sighting up
    • Fixed a means where players could sprint and cook a grenade simultaneously
    • Fixed an area on Sandstorm where players could reach unintended play space
    • Improved balancing algorithm when adding players and parties to an existing game
    • Fix for players becoming stuck in global chat under some circumstances
    • Fixed issue on Homestead where some objects would visibly cull out
    • Improved framerate stability and reduced input latency in some cases

I played the new map but it will only play 6v6 will this change in the future?
    6v6 has been fixed for Hydra. Will try to get the hotfix out asap.

• SuzukiPilotSuzukiPilot Posts: 8Player
    It is set for 8v8 for PS4. It is 6v6 on PC. It is the first map in the rotation list. It should be a voting option after Crossfire and Red Line.

It most definitely is not in the rotation after Crossfire/redline. 2 days now & i've seen it come up twice. Not cool...
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,065Moderator
    6v6 has been fixed for Hydra. Will try to get the hotfix out asap.
    cough 12vs12 on pc cough....
    ss_4_frankof.png