Game Update Notes (19 DEC 2017)

2»

Comments

• ]B4n4nA[JoG@ry]B4n4nA[JoG@ry Posts: 220Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    DrWinters wrote: »
    Inner hospital lighting broken again. Dark room and red hall is where it is most notacible.

You didn't forget to reset your gamma, did you?
    No it not the Gamma. it has happened on previouse updates and getts fixed usually in a few months again :P

• |FOX|Pitpav|FOX|Pitpav Posts: 41Player
    Siege<Hydra
  • RollingInTheHurtRollingInTheHurt Posts: 200Player
    Linux Dedicated Servers.... It's only been nearly 10 years since the last release lol.
    1.jpg
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,482Player
    Lighting at dark and red look ok I don't see any difference.
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • [EF]=JAY=[EF]=JAY= Posts: 114Player
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »

Really?

when you go out of dark to surgery on the right , the corridor is darker.
    there is one light on the ceiling wich is off and used to be on.

red hall is also darker, and yes i have reset my gamma......

Steam Name:[EF]=Jay=
    [EF] =Elite Fighters=
    Server IP:82.255.178.154:7778
    b_560_95_1.png
  • {RR}-Maclobster{RR}-Maclobster Posts: 218Beta Tester
    edited December 2017
    [EF]=JAY= wrote: »
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »

Really?

when you go out of dark to surgery on the right , the corridor is darker.
    there is one light on the ceiling wich is off and used to be on.

red hall is also darker, and yes i have reset my gamma......

This is a image from a Innerhospital from the version before the update, i had the older innerhospital still on my desktop

St72zskATmC7OtXpgOsZtQ.png
    (\/) (',,') (\/)
    Pipeline
    HonorTown
  • Well, performance took a giant dive with this patch.. Keep up the good work!
  • HoGHDRoks_F^UHoGHDRoks_F^U Posts: 2Player
    i dont know what you did but this is horrible servers are laging like [TOS Violation] ping is spiking like crazy and not just me a lot of people got this problem.....
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,608Beta Tester
    Why do you think ping is caused by a game or a server? It's the connections and routes TO a server that cause ping. It's the measure of time for packet travel. Get Ping Plotter and check your routes to the server.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • [!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian[!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian Posts: 809Player
    edited December 2017
    i dont know what you did but this is horrible servers are laging like [TOS Violation] ping is spiking like crazy and not just me a lot of people got this problem.....

I agree that there is some network latency, I've felt it too.. But not in a way that it makes the game unplayable, it still runs smooth but you just die sometimes 1/2 seconds after you take cover. It's terrible i know, but it can be because of so many reasons. My guess they build their own latency detection into the game, so it's easy(er) for them to find out what the issue is.

Just make sure you check everything on your end first like what is your connection speed, ISP quality, firewall configurations, geo location and distance between client (you) and the game server, do you have packet loss and if you are using wireless switch to cable.

@Devs: Can you check the map Furious something in that map is killing the frame rates.
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 454Player
    Great map. Springstreet should get one of these makeovers.
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • Live2DeliverLive2Deliver Posts: 1Player
    Oh yes linux server!!!
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 720Player
    The more I play Hydra the more I am torn on how I feel about it. The former flag room is so cluttered now and sets up some pretty clunky angles when looking towards front porch. The glass around the cubicles also allow a player to stand on top of the south stairs railing and see into flag room fairly easily....so it removes some possible locations from a lone last defender.

Front porch now has a window which i can see the cubicle where the objective is housed. It is also now wall-bangable from a supported guy on overwatch. The line of fire from a supported enemy on overwatch has now grown significantly compared to the previous map due to the window.

More cluttered angles under from players in the backyard looking into the southern offices. A few unnecessary new objects have allowed for some unique positions that change the flow of the original map

North side, (w/ the balloon) you can support on the desk looking out of the alley and shoot at a very unnatural angle.

Extraction is now off-center. Attack spawn added a flowerbed that you can prone on and look into the northern offices/locker room area, all while protected by cover and concealment (trees, and glass if unbroken). The assault spawn centerpiece creates a different dynamic for spawn campers. Of course guns and feet stick through the walls everywhere on the map.

It's pretty, and I don't necessarily think those things should be removed. But after playing the original for years and years, it makes for an awkward experience.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,482Player
    edited January 2018
    The bullet proof windows are not bullet proof =)
    It is my favourite map =)
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 347Beta Tester
    Same for water fall fountains and numerous other objects. Bug report submitted.
    015c0ab623b454cffe80c9c007fbb62f21aeac80.jpg