Game Update Notes (19 DEC 2017)

Ho Ho Holiday Update!

We've got a stocking full with a major update to Siege and some exciting changes for server hosts. Easier initial server set up and Linux server testing are just a few of the changes we have in store! Thank you so much for a wonderful 2017 and we can't wait to bring you more in 2018!

Updated Map
Siege map updated and touched up with new art and assets. The new map is entitled “Hydra” and is an Extract map.

Hydra-300x169.jpg

More maps will be updated in the coming year.

Server Registration
Server admins need not register their servers anymore. Simply start a server using the Host a Server tool and you are good to go. The new server will appear in the browser for all players.

host-300x165.png

Dedicated Servers
We are testing our official servers on Linux dedicated servers. We expect to be able to release these to the public for use sometime early in 2018.

penguingun-600x600-300x300.jpg

Bug Fixes
  • HUD optimizations should provide a small performance upgrade for low-end PCs
  • Removed unintended roof access spot on Sandstorm
  • Fix for the M9’s magazine showing an incorrect skin during a reload
  • Better visual blending on the M4 and M16 iron sights when sighting up
  • Fixed a means where players could sprint and cook a grenade simultaneously
  • Fixed an area on Sandstorm where players could reach unintended play space
  • Demorec now correctly strips out invalid characters from the server name when saving
  • Fixed a bug where when an admin would log out they would be automatically logged back in as admin the following match
  • Fixed issue on Insurgent Camp where players could get out of bounds
  • Fixed a collision issue with some trees on Insurgent Camp
  • Fixed a collision problem in the Insurgent Camp tunnel
  • Fixed several minor collision bugs on Inner Hospital
  • Attempting to join a 100% full server (no empty player or spectator slots) will now popup an error dialog indicating the server is full
  • Fixed issue where the ESC key could be rebound under some circumstances
  • Night vision effect no longer persists when using a non-first person view in spectator
  • Removed unneeded log spam when a player choose to play offline
The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

Comments

• doogle!doogle! Posts: 532Player
    Seige is replaced w/ Hydra, or re skinned version? Waiting for the update, looking forward to checking out a real BDX map :+1:
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    You can still vote for / play Siege, but Hydra is the true form of Siege's powers.
    We've really had a blast playing it and I'm looking forward to see what you think.

• [Dev]Rawrster[Dev]Rawrster Posts: 328Developer
    Hydra replaces Siege in official rotations. Hydra supports the EX version only. Old Siege (EX and C4) still exists within the game and can be placed in rotation or voted upon in user servers.
  • -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-ACI--[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-ACI- Posts: 357Beta Tester
    HOOAH!!!
    One day I will graduate noob school!!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

Perfect, exactly what I would have done. Similar to removing Harbor and Bridge night from official rotations but not from the game. Makes for some interesting trivia in the distant future (soon).

• -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,339Player
    When will we get the update ?
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    It's live on Steam, it just takes a little time for Steam to get that pushed around to everyone. Expect it any time now.

• ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 903Player
    hooah 2.8 gb update . looking forward to it . nice 1 team.
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,565Player
    Hopefully The Great Outdoors EU soon will get the same maps as the Great Outdoors US.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-ACI--[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-ACI- Posts: 357Beta Tester
    The balloon is a nice touch!!
    One day I will graduate noob school!!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

• DrawnDrawn Posts: 161Player
    edited December 2017
    Fixed a means where players could sprint and cook a grenade simultaneously
    Didn't think it would happen, nice.
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 918Moderator
    Drawn wrote: »
    Fixed a means where players could sprint and cook a grenade simultaneously
    Didn't think it would happen, nice.
    Now, go out and break it again ;)
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • SeVn.MaxSeVn.Max Posts: 225Player
    Thanks!! nice update :)
  • JoGaryJoGary Posts: 220Player
    Inner hospital lighting broken again. Dark room and red hall is where it is most notacible.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,252Beta Tester
    DrWinters wrote: »
    Inner hospital lighting broken again. Dark room and red hall is where it is most notacible.

You didn't forget to reset your gamma, did you?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 566Player
    Nope, lightning is messed up. But hydra is cool, plays way more agressive with the clean look.
    AAPG is good!
    Hydra is a great update on Siege is this a sign of things to come.
    Would be nice to do all cardboard maps like this including bridge and if you have time add a small village to each side of bridge :)
    Thanks for some of the admin panel updates hopefully soon we will get Force weapons :angry:
    Hyrda has changed a ton about Siege, so it's not just a reskin. The flag room is cluttered, the sound queues under south are interesting. The out-of-bounds at the rear of the map, meh...I'm not sure if I like that. Maybe a bush/hedge as a fence and a humvee blocking the "gate" to the outside world.

The new bangable window on front porch is interesting. The water fountain thingy north allows me to shoot with my eyeballs. And alllll the supported positions make me sad

That said, I like the new take on siege. Anything is better than the training maps that were released. The training maps should have been replaced Day 1 of official release. Hydra will take some getting used to, and overall I like it.

Maybe this weekend I wont get kicked from a server and I can play it for more than 10 minutes. I'll crack some belgian beers and write something constructive.
    I like the 2 shot windows on it =)
  • Sinner_2_SaintSinner_2_Saint Posts: 1Player
    When are you guys going to release larger maps?????