New League

Comments

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    For Main Season, a team wants to maximize their points. Then, at end of playoffs, you're giving the team with the most Main Season points a chance at redemption by beating the Playoffs winner. (At least, that's how I'm interpreting it.)

So, since a team wants to win 8-0 every time to maximize their chance at getting that redemption slot, they always want to challenge the weakest opponent possible during the main season. Playing against a strong team is a really bad idea since you're more likely to lose rounds and not earn as many points.

Other leagues have forced the matchups to avoid this problem for matches happening before the bracket begins. Look at TWL's round robin phase or FN's Swiss System tournaments for seeding.
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited June 2015
    1. you don't give out league points each week based on regular season round win/loss records. it simply isn't acceptable.
    -
    2. you should change the tag to FPS-PRO or some such. the PL is going to throw everyone off and will assume its some euro polish clan thing.
    -
    3. here's a crazy concept. lets wait for the game to get good first. instead of constantly trying to force participation when people are not happy with the game or the comp tools, stop rushing overnight into creating leagues and such, watching them die as fast as they were made, etc simply because the game isn't ready to support a healthy competition or draw in an eager crowd...

• iNv|mikEy2kiNv|mikEy2k Posts: 96Player
    where are you going to find 16 teams?
  • KhaInTaaKhaInTaa Posts: 59Player
    edited June 2015
    OK GUYS I THINK THIS IS A GOOD ONE, I TOOK WHAT SOME OF YOU HAVE SAID AND COMBINED WITH MINE!

FPS Pro League
    Teams- 16

Main Season Games Point System-

Best of 14
    Week 1- 1 Point a win
    Week 2- 2 Points a win
    Week 3- 3 Points a win
    Week 4- 4 Points a win
    Week 5- 5 Points a win
    ETC till all matches are complete.

Main Season Games -15 games
    Matchups will be randomly selected in a program.

After Main Season Games we randomize the teams into a bracket. The Main Season playoffs are single-win elimination.

Main Season Playoffs Point System
    1st Round= 2 Points
    Quarter-Finals= 2 Points
    Semi-Finals= 3 Points
    Finals= 5 Points

After the Main Season Playoffs is done the winner wins Main season, and become 1st place of the Main Season, the loser of the the finals comes 2nd place. The team that wins the Main Season gets to pick the first two matches next Main Season, and the team that has the most points in the Main Season gets 5 points to start the next Main Season. If the winner of the Main Season also has the most points in the Main Season, they get to pick either to pick the 2 matchups for them next Main Season or get 5 points next Main Season.

The playoffs will happen on XFire, and the 15 game season will happen on Frag Nation. If you want to cast matches for this League message me, and in every game there will be a admin, Me, Fixed, Wonder, Colts, Ultra2Gamer, or Revert, we will try to have one admin monitoring the match.

• i9.america+i9.america+ Posts: 29Player
    I hope this is a joke because I cant stop laughing.
    61439619629.png
    IceNine Gaming | FGN League AC Admin
    The playoffs will happen on XFire, and the 15 game season will happen on Frag Nation.

Hey guys since I've been hearing Frag Nation is becoming [mod edit - TOS violation]

Some Kind Of Stupid.
    61439619629.png
    Its FraggedNation you twit.
    61439619629.png
    I meant esl lol
  • iNv|revert-iNv|revert- Posts: 96Player
    edited June 2015
    I'm so confused o.O

The playoffs will happen on XFire, and the 15 game season will happen on Frag Nation. If you want to cast matches for this League message me, and in every game there will be a admin, Me, Fixed, Wonder, Colts, Ultra2Gamer, or Revert, we will try to have one admin monitoring the match.
  • Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    edited June 2015
    BCPull wrote: »
    Your admin picks need some serious rethinking.

Fixed, Wonder, Colts.

Is that more than one? or just describing Colts? ;)

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

FPS Pro League
    Teams- 10

Main Season Games Point System-

Best of 14
    Week 1- 1 Point a win
    Week 2- 2 Points a win
    Week 3- 3 Points a win
    Week 4- 4 Points a win
    Week 5- 5 Points a win
    ETC till all matches are complete.

Main Season Games -10 games a team
    Matchups will be randomly selected in a program.

After Main Season Games we randomize the teams into a bracket. The Main Season playoffs are single-win elimination.

Main Season Playoffs Point System
    1st Round= 2 Points
    Quarter-Finals= 2 Points
    Semi-Finals= 3 Points
    Finals= 5 Points

After the Main Season Playoffs is done the winner wins Main season, and become 1st place of the Main Season, the loser of the the finals comes 2nd place. The team that wins the Main Season gets to pick the first two matches next Main Season, and the team that has the most points in the Main Season gets 5 points to start the next Main Season. If the winner of the Main Season also has the most points in the Main Season, they get to pick either to pick the 2 matchups for them next Main Season or get 5 points next Main Season.

The playoffs will happen on XFire, and the 15 game season will happen on our fps site. If you want to cast matches for this League message me, and in every game there will be a admin, Me, Fixed, Wonder, Colts, Ultra2Gamer, we will try to have one admin monitoring the match.
    edited June 2015
    FPS Pro League
    Teams- 10

Home and Away be alternated, so if Team 1 plays Team 2, and Team 1 is home then next time they play again, Team 2 will be home since all 10 teams play each team twice. In playoffs it is the worst seed choice for Home or Away.

Main Season Games- 10 games for each team

Matchups are randomly selected in a program.

Rankings:

Record defines your rank, if two teams or more have same record, we look at how many rounds total a team has won to determine who is #1, etc, only if two teams or more have same record.

After Main Season Games we put the teams in order from #1 to #10, #9 and #10 get knocked out and #1-8 teams move onto playoffs, the seeding will be the following; #1 vs #8, #2 vs #7, #3 vs #6, #4 vs #5, we have done it like this because in sports (MOSTLY NBA) they have done like this and no one complains, also to reward the top teams, another reason is it brings excitement to the league and underdogs are born, so the fight to win is real.

Playoff Teams- 8 (2 WORST TEAMS GET KNOCKED OUT)

How To Win
    This league will only do best out of 14, so to win you have to get 8-(6-0), so if it's 6-6 you have to win two in a row, if it is 7-7 it is not a draw, all teams will go spectate and start a new match on the same map. The away team gets to pick side choice ALWAYS and the HOME team will pick 2nd as it is there server choice.
    After picking teams let's say the team that picked alpha, will only play 3 rounds on alpha, and then 3 rounds on bravo, vice versa, in over time it is a best of 6, 3 rounds a side, first to 4, if it become 3-3, then it keeps going, game restarts can go forever till someone wins, same maps every time.

After the Main Season Playoffs is done the winner wins Main season, and become 1st place of the Main Season, the loser of the the finals comes 2nd place. The team that wins the Main Season gets to pick the first match of the next Main Season, along with a cash prize for the 1st place winner and 2nd place winner.

The 10 games will happen on ESL if mulgarus will make I on behalf of us, if not then we will have to do it on FN, no choice :P, the playoffs will 100% happen on XFire for the cash prize. If you want to cast matches for this League message me, and in every game there will be a admin, Me, Fixed, Wonder, Colts because if we can't use ESL, we have no choice, as we don't wanna be like Frag Nation.
    that's the final!
    I will ask mulgy when he gets on
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited June 2015
    Bam4D wrote: »
    BCPull wrote: »
    Your admin picks need some serious rethinking.

Fixed, Wonder, Colts.

Is that more than one? or just describing Colts? ;)

I was asked to admin yesterday I said yes

All this has nothing to do with me.

If you keep these silly rules no one is going to play there is nothing wrong with how the fraggednation point system was. A team winning a main season is already enough no need to give them extra pts next season, and other goodies. Also all weeks should be worth the same points I understand your logic here as by week 5 you would potentially get the 2 best teams playing each other, but it is just simply not done this way.
    EDIT: Also there should be no main season as you are a new league, and main just died in fn.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• iNv|mikEy2kiNv|mikEy2k Posts: 96Player
    edited June 2015
    where are you going to find 10 teams?

Ok guys screw dat, me colts ,and wonder agreed to this, this is just a test to show u, this is a bit diff, cause it has group stage. http://binarybeast.com/xAA1506200. its a 12 team group stage double elimination, Top 2 team's make playoff's/bracket's in group stage, 1st place=$100. 2nd place=$50
    so you like it>?
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    The likely hood of teams committing to this is very low

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • med!hustLe-med!hustLe- Posts: 26Player
    Just let it be..

Let's go pub.