What’s in a name????

Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 308Beta Tester
I’ve been known to stumble trying to tell teammates where I (or the enemy) was. I’ve also notice that when I hit the key to give my location it’s often very generic like Lobby or Courtyard. The other day I was baffled by the location shown. I was playing Downtown and needed help on Red Stairs. However, the map call out was Blue Building South Stairs.
A very long time ago while playing Inner Hospital I asked for help in Upper Gallery. Someone asked, “Where?” After I explained he said, “Oh, you mean Up and Over!”
I can see this being confusing for new players.
My question is; “Should map callouts be changed to reflect what players are actually using?”
556127a3323e2cfd0355aaa34b6e0b63-full.jpg

Comments

• doogle!doogle! Posts: 579Player
    I thought we already did that in establishing the original call outs. Reporting in isn't near as useful as it was in AA2 since we have friendly team wallhacks
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,334Beta Tester
    edited December 2017
    The original AAPG report-in locations were done by the Devs. Precious few are in common use. If the teammate icons indicated distance somehow, i'd be happier.

The VoIP is sure an upgrade from AA2 though! :)
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-ACI--[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-ACI- Posts: 360Beta Tester
    Yeah, I do not have as much of a problem with the call outs I hear I know to keep an eye on the minimap but once a player has an understanding of the map and common call-outs they will be fine.

I agree Keebler I would love to see distance added to the player's name and or arrow we see in the game. I think that would really help determine how far away a needed pick up is, or in thinking your buddy is on the other side of the wall when he is actually on the other side of the map lol
    One day I will graduate noob school!!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,334Beta Tester
    Since we have enough screen clutter as it is, I'd rather see icon sizes as an indicator of distance. Let's say, three to five sizes from regular size and getting smaller the farther away they are.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-ACI--[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-ACI- Posts: 360Beta Tester
    That would work
    One day I will graduate noob school!!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!