Latency

SHANE523SHANE523 Posts: 69Player
For the Love of God stop allowing players from across the pond to play in the US!!

How hard is it to understand that the distance creates latency? It is simple physics!!

Put some dam latency controls in place on the PS4!

Comments

  • zflo72zflo72 Posts: 47Player
    edited November 2017
    I like playing with my US friends though :(

    I recently was in the states for work and honestly couldn’t tell a difference in the way the game ran, whether I’m in Germany or the US.
  • =[101st]=Muzza455=[101st]=Muzza455 Posts: 1,101Player
    SHANE523 wrote: »
    For the Love of God stop allowing players from across the pond to play in the US!!

    How hard is it to understand that the distance creates latency? It is simple physics!!

    Put some dam latency controls in place on the PS4!

    This is a global game .
  • SHANE523SHANE523 Posts: 69Player
    edited November 2017
    Um NO it isn't!

    On the PS4 it is only supposed to be available to US, Mexico and Canada. IF it were a global game, then the UK players should be playing with UK players and hosted by a UK listen server!

    Read Tots response.
    https://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/6868/uk-ps4-release#latest
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,278Player
    While we're not officially released in the UK or other locations yet, we have no intention of blocking international players.
    Hopefully we'll have more regionally appropriate servers up soon, but until that time our friends across the pond are more than welcome to play.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

  • SHANE523SHANE523 Posts: 69Player
    You don't have to block them, just keep them in their own servers. Obviously it is a listen server setup so they can host themselves.

    You should kick high latency regardless of where they are at. Any PC gamer knows this, I don't understand why developers don't know this.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,278Player
    They certainly can end up hosting their own listen servers, but they can end up on our dedicated servers as well. Part of our matchmaking process takes ping into consideration. Unless there is a pretty high discrepancy (~300ms) between you and another player it's not going to have much of an impact on game play.

    Dev Kartigan has done a lot of work to make it so that high pings don't give an advantage or disrupt the game severely.

    We also have, and have always had, a game wide policy that our Official servers will not be ping limited. The game is out there for anyone to play.

    When private matches roll out you can make games with whatever configuration you want, but as long as you're playing on Official open servers, they're open to everyone.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

  • =[101st]=Muzza455=[101st]=Muzza455 Posts: 1,101Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    While we're not officially released in the UK or other locations yet, we have no intention of blocking international players.
    Hopefully we'll have more regionally appropriate servers up soon, but until that time our friends across the pond are more than welcome to play.

    thats a bloody big pond tots lol. and if i had a ps 4 i would see what its like but my pc will do fine and all the international players are welcomed in our server , as far as ping we dont limit but if its way high we ask them to try get it down if it causes server issues.
  • SHANE523SHANE523 Posts: 69Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    They certainly can end up hosting their own listen servers, but they can end up on our dedicated servers as well. Part of our matchmaking process takes ping into consideration. Unless there is a pretty high discrepancy (~300ms) between you and another player it's not going to have much of an impact on game play.

    Dev Kartigan has done a lot of work to make it so that high pings don't give an advantage or disrupt the game severely.

    We also have, and have always had, a game wide policy that our Official servers will not be ping limited. The game is out there for anyone to play.

    When private matches roll out you can make games with whatever configuration you want, but as long as you're playing on Official open servers, they're open to everyone.

    Yeah about that, Ping should be the top priority in matchmaking! Not "Consideration"!!!!

    Every gamer has known since the 90s, anything over 100ms ruins online game play and the fact that 300ms is allowed is absurd! I know Sony has requirements but that doesn't mean you cannot keep those players together. They want better, stop using wireless, stop flooding your internet connection, if available get a better ISP. Why is it ok to ruin others enjoyment just because they should be "allowed" to play? Maybe that isn't Politically Correct but oh well!

    Do you visit any other game forums? Do you play any online games (specifically shooters)? Have you not seen the outcry right now about Activision claiming their matchmaking is based on ping when it has been proven that they are using Skill Based MatchMaking (SBMM)? And that people are screaming on how bad their matchmaking is right now for WWII?

    I am sorry for the rant. I love the game but cannot fathom how certain things are "in tolerance" or "acceptable" by your standards. And this isn't just against other nations, this is against anyone that has high latency. They have higher latency simply because they are farther away, simple physics.

    I seriously hope with user created lobbies comes a ping indicator for each player (that everyone can see) and the ability to remove high latency players.



  • DrawnDrawn Posts: 170Player
    edited December 2017
    "Headshot" "lethal grenade hit" you hit them in the arms all the time. That nade probably brought him down a lot, making you 1 hitting him after the explosion.
    People with higher ping tend to look like their snap aimin onto you like with the shotgun, you had plenty of time to shoot him in the face though. You see him earlier than he sees you.
    I have never seen the teleporting on pc though.
    Viewing other players ping has been removed.

    Ps4 is played by many Not from north america, people can just make an NA account and join from anywhere.


  • zflo72zflo72 Posts: 47Player
    I play in Germany and I never see the teleporting
  • SHANE523SHANE523 Posts: 69Player
    edited December 2017
    Drawn wrote: »
    "Headshot" "lethal grenade hit" you hit them in the arms all the time. That nade probably brought him down a lot, making you 1 hitting him after the explosion.
    People with higher ping tend to look like their snap aimin onto you like with the shotgun, you had plenty of time to shoot him in the face though. You see him earlier than he sees you.
    I have never seen the teleporting on pc though.
    Viewing other players ping has been removed.

    Ps4 is played by many Not from north america, people can just make an NA account and join from anywhere.


    You didn't see that CLEAR teleport in the first few seconds or the one in checkout? No that is not normal BUT these players were in SA showing that their connections are impacting the game play. This is clearly more than 300ms!

    Yes I know how they get to download the game, that is not the point.

    I have had grenades in other rooms take my health down to next to nothing. I have never been that close to an explosion in this game and survived.

    So those head shots on Redline and Checkout were arm shots now? And I didn't claim the 1 was a head shot but since when has anyone taken 8 hits in this game? I get 3 body shots and I am down, so why is it different for someone else?

    Yes there will be discrepancies but a full second? That is unacceptable.

    Oh and don't forget the auto aim that you cannot disable and for some reason snaps to whatever it wants near the target. So what you see and what the AA snaps to seem to be different locations and it seems way off when you have high latency players!

    Oh and I have close to 50% head shot ratio for kills. I wouldn't say I hit them in the arms all of the time.
  • DrawnDrawn Posts: 170Player
    edited December 2017
    You didn't see that CLEAR teleport in the first few seconds or the one in checkout?
    I only said i had never seen player teleporting on pc.
    So those head shots on Redline and Checkout were arm shots now?
    Oh and I have close to 50% head shot ratio for kills. I wouldn't say I hit them in the arms all of the time
    46(m4 dmg) * 0.65 (arm hit) = 29.9 health dmg (100 health total)
    I see you hit the window fellow in the arm 3 times total. With an in screen text saying "I guess headshots don't count"
    You don't hit headshots in red line and your headshot ratio is not related here.
    The flashed guy is getting lit up with around 8 bullets as far as I can see
    I couldn't really see the last grenade nor really play the map, but it looks odd. The nade doesn't actually explode on the ground, the actual explosion takes place about a feet higher than the nade is, which can make some odd situations. this may explain future nade no-kill related questions.

    Not like I have a choice, but I would wait for full release if those oddities are frequent with over t

    Not like I have a choice, but I would wait for full release so you don't have to be pared up with far away players. if those oddities like in the .gif are frequent enough it wouldn't be fun playing with everyone around the globe.

    I cannot comment on the aim assist.

    Just drag the .gif in a new tab for a full image, a spawning weapon.
    QjcIuxU.gif




  • SHANE523SHANE523 Posts: 69Player
    Drawn wrote: »
    You didn't see that CLEAR teleport in the first few seconds or the one in checkout?
    I only said i had never seen player teleporting on pc.
    So those head shots on Redline and Checkout were arm shots now?
    Oh and I have close to 50% head shot ratio for kills. I wouldn't say I hit them in the arms all of the time
    46(m4 dmg) * 0.65 (arm hit) = 29.9 health dmg (100 health total)
    I see you hit the window fellow in the arm 3 times total. With an in screen text saying "I guess headshots don't count"


    Yes the arm shots were intentional to get some damage but you are not counting the hit that didn't register, THAT is the point. There are 2 shots in quick succession at 36 secs, the 2nd shot the crosshair is on his ear but no registration.

Sign In or Register to comment.