Admin Panel Switch Map List is Wierd

{IRISH}Maximus{IRISH}Maximus Posts: 46Player
edited November 2017 in Server Support
I've got UMMs loaded on my server and have them listed in the [AAGame.AADataStore_OnlineGameSearch] section of the AAGame.ini (MapRotationList, and MapVoteList entries). These entries show up under correctly under the Call Vote Change Map and Set Next Map dialogs, but the list that shows up under the Admin Panel Switch Map dialog is doesn't have the same maps listed.

What .ini does the Admin Panel Switch Map get its list of maps from? How do I configure that list?

Comments

• (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 640Player
    admin pulls them from steam manager ugc, you can have maps there "on the server" that arnt in the rotation , so only admin can switch to them
  • {IRISH}Maximus{IRISH}Maximus Posts: 46Player
    edited November 2017
    admin pulls them from steam manager ugc, you can have maps there "on the server" that arnt in the rotation , so only admin can switch to them

Thanks (Beer_me)lobo! I have confirmed this is true ... the Admin Panel - Switch Map map list is not affected by the .ini files. The list seems to be compiled from the .umap files the game can find on the server. It seems to search ../aapg/AAGame/CookedPC/Maps/
    and then
    ../aapg/Binaries/Win32/steamapps/workshop/content/203290/
    looking for all *valid* .umap files. Not sure what makes one valid or not-valid :angry:
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    If it's in the server store at .../aapg/Binaries/Win32/steamapps/workshop/content/203290/ then it's literally loaded on the server. That's why it goes to the Admin list, and how it decides what's "valid.' It is on the server - VALID! :)

It is removed from there if you delete the UGCmanager listing of it...
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 640Player
    out of date maps ( legacy/bin files) , weve also found map files in other map folders in the 203290 folder , so it pays to go through all your content folders in the 203290,