Map loading problem

Still having problems with map changing kicking to main menu. Seems like the load time is a great deal too long. I have heard the devs have fixed this problem however I am still having this issue.

Does anyone have a fix for this problem?

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,170Beta Tester
    edited November 2017
    I've been wondering if the pre-Jan27 maps cause that issue even if you're not switching to them, but they are SOMEWHERE on the server! I'm still seeing this issue too.

(Or if it's some other issue we never really identified...)
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • Two maps of mine are doing this. Maps I created prior to the last update.
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 601Player
    we find it on beer me servers with umms ,will happen with 1 map 1 day, then next its fine, and an other map will kick to desktop
    I would venture to say this isn't as 'fixed' as we thought... :(
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • I have found the problem, any map that has custom materials must have the shader cache file from personal cach uploaded to the main server. This fixes the pre-loading of maps server side and kicking to main menu.

Copy C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\America's Army Proving Grounds\AAGame\Published\CookedPC\LocalShaderCache-PC-D3D-SM3.upk
    To
    \Steam\steamapps\common\America's Army\AAPG\AAGame\CookedPC\

Any maps that have updates with new "Materials" will need shader cache file re-uploaded.

"101st Comanchero brigade!"

={101st}=XtremeDelta
  • EJtheKEJtheK Posts: 104Player
    Well that's not practical at all. How can we distribute custom maps with custom materials then? It worked in the past, what has changed?
    I'm trying to figure out how I can write this into a bug report. I can't remember how this used to work properly (because I know it did!) :(
    ______