Guide for dummies, externally referenced objects/packages

I'm at a loss right now for how to get all of my objects into a singular package without redoing 2 days of work. How would i go about unsplitting my packages, and even find the other ones?

Maybe thats too broad. But im at a loss.

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,594Beta Tester
    In AAPG, you need to save objects into the MAP package, IE the map file name of the current map. Everything from shadowmaps to custom meshes or sounds are found in there. Mostly, this is a limitation of the Steam single file delivery system, as UE3 itself does allow for multiple packages.

As to how to back out of your mistake, I do not know. Obviously, you need to filter for certain items and re-instance them from the new save location. Good luck.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 521Beta Tester
    edited November 2017
    It has been a while since I messed around in the editor, so I'm probably wrong.

Doesn't the "right click->rename/move" provide some functionality to do this?
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • [FOX]Kamjam21xx[FOX]Kamjam21xx Posts: 122Player
    Yes but i have 1,200 or so objects in my map. i dont know how to find what is what, and also sometimes the only package that displays in my content browser is "new_package"

im not really an unreal engine guy.
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 640Player
    if its in your map,but youve saved the package elsewhere ,select the asset ,then right click and "find in content browser" once highlighted in the content browser "find package" from the package you should be able to "move and rename"
  • [FOX]Kamjam21xx[FOX]Kamjam21xx Posts: 122Player
    Thank you sir. That works.