Inner Hospital

Hi I am wanting to edit the map inner hospital. I can open the map in the advanced map editor, but when I save it / move it / try to test play / try to open it in the simple editor the editor crashes and says something along the lines of ambiguous package name. I have try renaming the map file and the editors still crash. Is there a specific way I need to do this?

Comments

• =GUR6=Mr_Pyro=GUR6=Mr_Pyro Posts: 12Player
    edited November 2017
    found this, but cannot get it to work at all. Is there a better way?
    https://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/5180/how-to-mod-a-stock-map#latest
    https://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/4277/saving-a-modified-official-map-as-an-own-map

here is another one and its the same story. Open the map and copy to a new map. How do I know if i've copied everything? How do I do this exactly is there some box select or select all thing for this?
    Does someone have a map file of inner hospital already copied over that I could just download?
  • ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 1,057Player
    You have to open the files from editor maps and piece them all together . You can't edit the complete map.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,448Player
    Don't open it in small editor use the advanced one.
    1.Set up a map from simple editor
    2. open advanced editor.
    3. find FLO_Hospital_EX
    4. Open that and copy all
    5. then open the map you set up in small editor delete what you don't need and past Hospital_EX in there.
    6. It will take a long while to copy and also to paste be patient
    7. once you have it in build all save close and re open it you should be good to go then edit away.

Ps
    Don't try to play before you have completed all the steps.
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    You also have to deal with the streamed levels in the maps. I had to go to each level and "make current" before i could copy from that level.

When you open the content browser, it's one of the tabs beside actor clAsses, etc...
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    Im trying to do it, but when I hit copy it asks me if I want to deselect a # of actors when I click yes the dialog box closes and the editor goes not responding for a bit then it comes back and asks again a different number this time and cycles through going from not responding to asking and just keeps doing this. Will it eventually copy everything? or is it not working? if it isn't working is there a way to copy a smaller portion? neither my cpu or ram are being maxed out.
    edited November 2017
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »
    Don't open it in small editor use the advanced one.
    1.Set up a map from simple editor
    2. open advanced editor.
    3. find FLO_Hospital_EX
    4. Open that and copy all
    5. then open the map you set up in small editor delete what you don't need and past Hospital_EX in there.
    6. It will take a long while to copy and also to paste be patient
    7. once you have it in build all save close and re open it you should be good to go then edit away.

Ps
    Don't try to play before you have completed all the steps.

I did this, but it seems to have not copied over everything. It did not copy over the floors and some of the walls and stuff. What do I do?
  • ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 1,057Player
    make them .lol we had the same also all doors and frames were missing ,, all the stuff u need id in the content of the editor
    Hey...anyone read my post above? I've successfully de-streamed a Dev level into an editable map. Check out "Codename CrossDog" which is four original Dev maps all in one - Crossfire, Siege, Lockdown and Watchdog.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    edited November 2017
    I now seem to be getting a strange error where the editor just displays a black screen it works fine, but just looks like someone flicked the light switch.

update: I get an error when I try to open any map that says some local package was saved successfully, but is 300 and some MB big and is larger than the recommended 300 MB
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 646Player
    dont worry about file size ,ive got maps that hit 700mb before publish
    You have to build all then most of the walls and floors come back.
    gKQ6BB2.png
    I think you have misunderstood. I have attached an image to show the problem. The problem is that with any map opened in the editor it is blank (black) with nothing at all showing not even the grid.
    edited November 2017
    You cannot open it in small editor use advanced editor.
    Remember if you have just paste it in it could be anywhere you should keep something on the map and click paste here.
    gKQ6BB2.png
    You cannot open it in small editor use advanced editor.
    Remember if you have just paste it in it could be anywhere you should keep something on the map and click paste here.

Thats not inner hospital its a different map (one created in the simple editor), but its the same for inner hospital in both the advanced and simple editor I just get a black screen like the one in the photo.
    edited November 2017

This isn't the best advice, especially if you need to do multiple pastes from another map.

If you use the Edit menu PASTE it pastes in the exact world geometry it was found in the other map, so your NEXT past with fit right in without a hitch!

If you used Paste Here each paste you do will be in a different spot and nothing will line up.
    ______

I think you have misunderstood. I have attached an image to show the problem. The problem is that with any map opened in the editor it is blank (black) with nothing at all showing not even the grid.

That Basic Editor doesn't show a grid. Only the advanced editor does.

______

edited November 2017
    Keebler750 wrote: »

What I meant was that nothing shows at all. When in the advanced editor when a view port is set to P which normally shows the map as it would be seen during gameplay shows nothing but a black screen (no objects, no outlines, nothing at all). If I tell it to show wireframes it works fine, but black screen if lit/unlit or any of those options. If I try to build the lighting it works successfully, but displays the message from above
    I now seem to be getting a strange error where the editor just displays a black screen it works fine, but just looks like someone flicked the light switch.

update: I get an error when I try to open any map that says some local package was saved successfully, but is 300 and some MB big and is larger than the recommended 300 MB
    Keebler750 wrote: »

Do you have a light in your scene?
    ______