Aim assist discussion

xOSCx--GooNz-xOSCx--GooNz- Posts: 4Player
One issue i havnt seen many people raise is how dominate the aim assist feature is in this game. I do know there are larger concerns to deal with first but i think it could be addressed. I know aim assist isnt going anywhere as a whole because unfortunately some people need it but it needs to be toned down. If you aim down sight and are close to a enemy you can remove your right thumb from controller and just shoot. The aim assist will track the enemy and kill him. Im sorry for the long explanation but i think it should be looked at. Its taking away a competive aspect of the game

Comments

• zflo72zflo72 Posts: 47Player
    I wish it would be removed. Aim assist shouldn’t be in any shooter that wants to be competitive at all. Aiming isn’t that hard. If you’re bad and need aim assist to get a kill then you should be getting killed, not handicapped.

The pull in this game drive me nuts, I’m aiming for the head, but I’m fighting the pull to the chest non-stop. Free my sticks please.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    znignflo72 wrote: »
    Aim assist shouldn’t be in any shooter that wants to be competitive at all.

Hey, I've got some bad news for you there >:)
  • zflo72zflo72 Posts: 47Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    znignflo72 wrote: »
    Aim assist shouldn’t be in any shooter that wants to be competitive at all.

Hey, I've got some bad news for you there >:)

Well the main things people are asking for in the game are clan tags and lobbies. I know this game will never be competitive though. Dreams will be dreams.
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    You should see the ps4 bragging about massive kills on facebook while denying aimassist :D
    AAPG is good!
  • DLD_MtBDLD_MtB Posts: 24Player
    I'm sorry, but on consoles, there will always be aim assist. Even Halo had aim assist, even if it wasn't much. However, I agree, the aim assist in this game, particularly screen rotation, is horrendously overdone. I mean I knew it was bad when people would slowly peek and my reticle would zip over to the corner's edge, but one time, the server crashed or whatever happens to get people running in place, and I was literally running around on target with only my left hand on the controller. Honestly, makes me wonder how people can be so [TOS Violation] bad at this game. I mean there are only 8 maps to learn, and 2 of them rarely get played, and the M4 is the best gun in the game. Yeah, this game is way too easy right now. The only thing that keeps me coming back is the weapon challenges and ranks, and figuring out the best ways to use the different weapons. after that's done, I could probably play this sparingly for about a week, unless there are some pretty important changes, or if I don't get CoD first. In spite of its issues, I do like this game, and I would assume the developers do as well, so hopefully, something changes.
  • SHANE523SHANE523 Posts: 69Player
    You are correct that Aim Assist will always be in console games but most games give the option to turn it off.
  • xOSCx--GooNz-xOSCx--GooNz- Posts: 4Player
    SHANE523 wrote: »
    You are correct that Aim Assist will always be in console games but most games give the option to turn it off.
    Socom is the only console game i know of that didnt have aim assist. But i agree completely it would be great to have the option to turn it off.
  • RothniHRothniH Posts: 2Player
    I logged into the forum to make a post about this! I'm glad other people care about it.

I don't like aim-assist. I turn it off in every game I play and I would like being able to turn it off in AA:PG. Please add this option.

The only other controller related complaint that I have is about the sensitivity of the analogue sticks. Now don't get me wrong: How it is done now is great and I am not experiencing any problems with it. What I prefer is a linear progression curve where as I move the stick farther out of the deadzone the turn value increases at a predictable rate. Exponential curves or, worse yet, delayed acceleration exponential curves drive me up the wall. Curves that increase the movement speed when the stick is pushed the farthest are generally okay. The really bad feature is when that maximum turn speed suddenly changes like I have mouse acceleration on. Then it adds a little meta-game where in order to turn efficiently in order to face a foe already starting at me I need to time this sudden boost in turning speed just right so that I can aim at him correctly.