Reload bug

dacoster90dacoster90 Posts: 38Player
edited October 2017 in PS4
I've had it a few times, but also guessed it was my own fault for not reloading. After some time, others complained about it so maybe there was something going on.
Sometimes you reload, it does the whole animation but your magazine stays empty. Take a look here:

I also found one of another guy (on Reddit)

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/cloudybrokenlcont

Comments

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    edited October 2017
    Thanks for getting such a good clip of it happening. Forwarding this to our programmers.

Edit: Dev Kartigan seems to have found where the problem is coming from. Hopefully we can get this fixed asap!
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• DLD_MtBDLD_MtB Posts: 24Player
    This happened to me a few days ago. After a fight, I had 13 rounds left (I looked), decided I had enough time to reload, next fight, I shoot one shot and automatically reload. I hope this is fixed in next update. But from reading these forums, it seems there are other issues you need to worry about now.
  • OneEyeTheHardOneEyeTheHard Posts: 63Player
    There's also an alternate version of this bug where it will reload but will only put a random number of bullets in the magazine. If you hit reload again it will then usually out FEWER bullets in this time. No matter how many times you try to reload it will never be full. You can see it towards the end of this clip (finally got my golden Hawkeye!)
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    There's also an alternate version of this bug where it will reload but will only put a random number of bullets in the magazine. If you hit reload again it will then usually out FEWER bullets in this time. No matter how many times you try to reload it will never be full. You can see it towards the end of this clip (finally got my golden Hawkeye!)

Thats not a bug, thats how it works. You used all of your 5 clips,didnt shot them empty and in the 2nd round of your clips you got the used ones again.
    AAPG is good!
  • DLD_MtBDLD_MtB Posts: 24Player
    Yes, Flatlander is correct. That's why I started reloading every time I shoot more than 2 or 3 bullets if I have the opportunity. Always pick up a second gun if you can!
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 541Beta Tester
    DLD_MtB wrote: »
    Yes, Flatlander is correct. That's why I started reloading every time I shoot more than 2 or 3 bullets if I have the opportunity. Always pick up a second gun if you can!

I do the opposite: if I reload after firing 3 bullets, I will end up with a lot of partial magazines and no full mags. So when I'm shooting long range I usually reload when my mag is (almost) empty. This way I always have a full mag when I need it for close combat. (Of course my decision making is more complex than this, it also depends on the expected number of targets, etc, but this is a guideline for me.)

I also use the M16 over the M4 most of the time. With the M16 I'm confident in almost any situation as long as I have at least half a mag (I use single shot 95+% of the time, even up close). With the M4 I feel the urge to reload after firing like 5-10 bullets, because the M4 is a lot more "ammo hungry".
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • OneEyeTheHardOneEyeTheHard Posts: 63Player
    Wow TIL. Here I thought it was bugging. I'll definitely start picking up weapons more frequently. Thanks for the info!
  • ITSKINGZEROITSKINGZERO Posts: 68Player
    looking to this it makes me mad that bug
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 541Beta Tester
    looking to this it makes me mad that bug

Is this still happening? This is a 2 year old topic, I think the reload bug was fixed since.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.