Game Update Notes [12 OCT 2017)

2»

Comments

• [XIII]Fibre[XIII]Fibre Posts: 10Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    So sorry! Looking into it right now. Will update you as soon as I have some information.

Again 4 days after your message still dont have any reply from you.
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 643Player
    So sorry! Looking into it right now. Will update you as soon as I have some information.

soon lol ,

fibre are you sure your running a playable version of pipeline ,if its 1 of altans then it wont work
  • MaclobsterMaclobster Posts: 214Beta Tester
    edited October 2017
    Just checked it, and yes some servers with UMM i get a popup, and some dont

(\/) (',,') (\/)
    Pipeline
    HonorTown
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Our programmers are still looking into it!
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

Our programmers are still looking into it!

Oké ty so its not only my server.
    Maclobster wrote: »
    Just checked it, and yes some servers with UMM i get a popup, and some dont

Ty m8 we Will wait on them
  • CHALLENGESCHALLENGES Posts: 5Player
    -Fixed a prone desync bug that would result in player's appearing to move prone at fast speeds.
    Last night i have this bug.. not fixed
  • razor_matt_razor_matt_ Posts: 9Player
    • Fixed the User Made Maps subscription dialog not popping up.
    • Changed how friendly fire penalties are implemented.
    • Fixed a prone desync bug that would result in player's appearing to move prone at fast speeds.
    • VIP selection now excludes level 1 players.
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Could we get an addition to the release notes in the OP please? Binding the "ENTER" key appears to be a PASS.

I understand about the friendly fire at the beginning of the round or game. But being in lime round 7 half way through the round and hit a friendly with a grenade that they run into and I go to jail is a little harsh
  • Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 328Beta Tester
    I too have had team mates run into grenades I’ve thrown. I’ve even had team mates peak/lean and walk in front of me while I was firing. I’ve been instantly removed from the game BUT, I have never been sent to Leavenworth.
    The only way I’ve seen Leavenworth was by typing the counsel command. I love the party room…
    ROE BOT, ROE BOT, Yeah! I want to be a robot, robot, ROE BOT!!!!
    556127a3323e2cfd0355aaa34b6e0b63-full.jpg
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 641Player
    Four cumulative hits seems really low given the changes to FF damage.

I think this statement has been accurate in my experience. Additionally, these changes open up the possibility of someone intentionally (or otherwise) blocking a teammate in place and that teammate has nothing they can do about it. I've seen this happen numerous times after a revive, and people who are revived are occasionally AFK.

I think I've been ROE-kicked twice in the last week or so, and only one of the friendly fire incidents was remotely my fault.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    edited June 2018
    In the Army (and quite frankly, any gun range I know of...) it is YOUR responsibility for your muzzle direction, trigger finger AND any negligent discharge. No questions asked. The victim is never blamed for what your trigger finger did or did not do.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    In the Army (and quite frankly, any gun range I know of...) it is YOUR responsibility for your muzzle direction, trigger finger AND any negligent discharge. No questions asked. The victim is never blamed for what your trigger finger did or did not do.

Not really relevant. This is a video game. Non-suicidal people aren't going to chase after a friendly grenade in real-life, short of diving on it to save those around them, but that doesn't mean it's the thrower's fault if someone decides to kill themselves that way. Here's an in-game example of friendly fire I bear absolutely zero responsibility for:

Or this one, which is the combination of a bug in the game and a teammate with zero awareness:

• FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    The 1st one... Lol. Zero responsibility? You shoot over the heads of your whole team. And for what? 0.05 sec "advantage"? I on Def hear the. Glass and have my nade ready for the failing rusher.
    Pro plan... Worth to headshot your own team.
    AAPG is good!
    Flatlander wrote: »
    The 1st one... Lol. Zero responsibility? You shoot over the heads of your whole team. And for what? 0.05 sec "advantage"? I on Def hear the. Glass and have my nade ready for the failing rusher.
    Pro plan... Worth to headshot your own team.

Yes, zero responsibility. Someone had shot out the glass every round. He jumped into my fire, which is the only way to hit a teammate shooting it out. That is entirely his fault.

If that's the way you play, you probably waste a lot of nades. That glass gets shot out a lot more often than it gets used for a dark rush. And, for the record, it's like a .75 second advantage, or 15 times your "guess."
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester

Not really relevant. This is a video game.

It's 100% relevant. The user doesn't get to decide the design criterion. You stray from intended design at your own peril. This game is made by the Army, and intended to showcase THEIR values, regardless of how much you dislike it.

You seem to think you can do whatever you want in a video game that is based on real world principles, without consequence. I say you're wrong, and I'm confident I'm basing that on facts that have been communicated numerous times here and in the archived forums by people who know more than I do.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.

Not really relevant. This is a video game.

It's 100% relevant. The user doesn't get to decide the design criterion. You stray from intended design at your own peril. This game is made by the Army, and intended to showcase THEIR values, regardless of how much you dislike it.

You seem to think you can do whatever you want in a video game that is based on real world principles, without consequence. I say you're wrong, and I'm confident I'm basing that on facts that have been communicated numerous times here and in the archived forums by people who know more than I do.
    If this game made an attempt to teach people firearm safety, you might have a point. It doesn't, so anything beyond the common sense "don't try to shoot your teammates" doesn't really apply here.

Regardless, in the example I provided, my teammate was entirely at fault. He chose to run into my line of fire. That's on him. Period. I just don't think there's a way for an automated ROE system to differentiate my example from a situation that deserves to be "punished."