Game Update Notes [12 OCT 2017)

TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,191Developer
edited October 2017 in News & Announcements
  • Fixed the User Made Maps subscription dialog not popping up.
  • Changed how friendly fire penalties are implemented.
  • Fixed a prone desync bug that would result in player's appearing to move prone at fast speeds.
  • VIP selection now excludes level 1 players.
Keebler750 wrote: »
Could we get an addition to the release notes in the OP please? Binding the "ENTER" key appears to be a PASS.

The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

Comments

• -SD-DELTON-SD-DELTON Posts: 1,188Player
    Thanks but its annoying how all setting for server go back to default.
    https://www.souldefenders.co.uk
    -SD-Souldefenders FunHouse-ACI- AAPG
    -SD-SoulDefenders UMM-ACI-
    BC1NPiE.jpg
  • zG|OathkeeperzG|Oathkeeper Posts: 42Player
    Thanks! Is it possible to fix the updates resetting our server settings? Whenever we run a steam update on the server, it completely erases (or resets) the AAGame.ini.
    Steve / 31Bravo
    Army Veteran
    NREMT-Paramedic
  • CaterPCaterP Posts: 187Developer
    Some updates:

The VIP change did NOT go in.

A detailed explanation of the ROE changes:

ROE is now based on the number of hits rather than damage

Four hits with any non-grenade weapon is an ROE violation; the number of hits do not decay (thus if you shoot a guy in round 1, another in round 3 and then two more in round 7 you will earn an ROE violation).
    • First ROE violation you are removed from the round (essentially killed)
    • Second ROE violation you are kicked to Leavenworth
    • If you get an ROE violation in the first ten seconds of a round it counts as a double violation resulting in an immediate trip to Leavenworth

Additionally, friendly fire damage is scaled based on the victim's health such that it is impossible to kill a teammate with weapon damage. If the victim is above 25 health, the friendly fire damage deals 0.2 of normal (a 60 point shot would deal 12 damage). If the victim is below 25 health then all damage is reduced to one (deals a single point of damage). If the victim is at 1 health then friendly fire deals zero damage, however all the usual hit reactions occur (screen reddening, audio, etc.)

The old server setting, FriendlyFireLimit, has been removed, replaced with FriendlyFireHitLimit, which defaults to 4.

Grenades are unchanged; the first grenade kill is allowed, all others are violation (a grenade kill in the first ten seconds of a round is a double violation).
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 2,996Beta Tester
    I don't see many servers updated to the new version yet, but I can confirm the one UMM server I could find properly downloaded a map upon join. HOOAH!! :+1:
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 454Player
    ROE changes for PC? Because ps4 crowd isnt mature enough? No goodies for the masterrace? :D
    - Make America's Army great again! -
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,191Developer
    Flatlander wrote: »
    ROE changes for PC? Because ps4 crowd isnt mature enough? No goodies for the masterrace? :D

That should benefit everyone!

• FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 454Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    Flatlander wrote: »

That should benefit everyone!

I play daily and my last meeting with an intentional teamkiller was a few month ago ;)
    - Make America's Army great again! -
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 2,996Beta Tester
    edited October 2017
    Could we get an addition to the release notes in the OP please? Binding the "ENTER" key appears to be a PASS.

Derp.... :p
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-[U|S|A]-DannyBoy Posts: 351Beta Tester
    Good Update!!
    One day I will graduate noob school!!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

• CaterPCaterP Posts: 187Developer
    The ROE update will be included in the next PS4 update which will likely be tomorrow (10/13).
  • [XIII]Fibre[XIII]Fibre Posts: 10Player
    My server is hosting old Pipline map if you dont have the map you see server red in server browser but if you klik the server i dont get a popup to download the map on other servers i get the popup? whats wrong have last update installed
    Are users trying to join your server seeing the same issue?

When other try to join the get the same also loading nothing els happens
    PM me the server name / IP please.

• Zach0430Zach0430 Posts: 3Player
    Best 3 out of 5 is way too quick of a game. Need to go back to best 6 out of 11. The rounds go by too quickly for it to be 3/5
    You have pm
    Send You a pm 5 days ago Whats the status now??
    So sorry! Looking into it right now. Will update you as soon as I have some information.

TheTots wrote: »
    So sorry! Looking into it right now. Will update you as soon as I have some information.

Oké np ty
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 285Player
    Four cumulative hits seems really low given the changes to FF damage.